Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fake Levi's off eBay

What's Hot
GassageGassage Frets: 30925
So I bought a pair of fake levi's off eBay for £30.

The listing said originals. The jeans are fine for £30, however, there is a moral issue here.

So, I messaged the seller- and said refund pls. They send send the jeans back. I said, no, you're not getting me. Refund, I keep the jeans and I DON'T report to the police.

I wonder what my response will be. I think my offer is very fair. And the cops take these things pretty seriously now.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Chevi's?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27524
    Gassage said:
    Refund, I keep the jeans and I DON'T report to the police.

So, you're stealing the jeans and blackmailing the seller too???

;)

Slightly more seriously, I think you commit some sort of offence if you send goods that you know are fake.  I may have that wrong though ... I'd probably raise it with evilBay, tell them that the goods are fake and take their guidance.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30925
    TTony said:
    Gassage said:

;)

Slightly more seriously, I think you commit some sort of offence if you send goods that you know are fake.  I may have that wrong though ... I'd probably raise it with evilBay, tell them that the goods are fake and take their guidance.
    Compromise I am afraid. I'll offer them £10 for them maybe.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10697
    edited January 2015
    I wouldn't enter into bargaining.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    TTony said:
    Gassage said:

;)

Compromise I am afraid. I'll offer them £10 for them maybe.
    eBay or PayPal might make you destroy the jeans and take pictures to prove it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12369
    So if you keep them, are you still going to wear them?
  • ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    edited January 2015
    Remember, they know where you live!!
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Full refund is a bit far imo, I'd ask for £15 back or another pair the same for free. In the end they have no leverage, but they do have your address.
    All practice and no theory
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3286
    edited January 2015
    I would open a case and let eBay/Paypal sort it for you.. at the end of the day if they are selling fake items then eBay need to sort it.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    When they break down your front door at 3:17am in the morning you have to be prepared to shoot them in the head, or stab them in the eyeball. 
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • If you follow protocol and report him, you'll be refunded and politely asked to destroy the jeans. 

In other words, you get the same result but also help stop others being conned. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10412

I doubt the old bill would give a shit about fake jeans on Ebay, the whole site is awash with fake goods, so is Amazon. If you don't like em send em back and get a refund
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Stab him in the eyeball.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27005
    ThePrettyDamned;464719" said:
    If you follow protocol and report him, you'll be refunded and politely asked to destroy the jeans. 

That isn't what happens in my experience. I got a dodgy PS3 controller a couple of years ago, reported it, and eBay refused to refund unless I provided evidence of sending it back to the seller.

Trading standards were happy to help but only if I sent the controller to them, losing my refund. I eventually have up and returned it for refund and he was there selling dodgy stuff for several months afterwards
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ThePrettyDamned;464719" said:
    If you follow protocol and report him, you'll be refunded and politely asked to destroy the jeans. 

That isn't what happens in my experience. I got a dodgy PS3 controller a couple of years ago, reported it, and eBay refused to refund unless I provided evidence of sending it back to the seller.

Trading standards were happy to help but only if I sent the controller to them, losing my refund. I eventually have up and returned it for refund and he was there selling dodgy stuff for several months afterwards
    Blimey.  

I reported for a fake (of all things) Xbox 360 controller and got the refund and was ordered to destroy it.

Which I did - it was useless. 
  • GuitarMonkey;464780" said:
    hemmed with unicorn mane thread presumably
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited January 2015
    You can buy genuine Levi's for not that much more than 30 quid in the January sales.

I just got a great pair of 527s (different shade of blue to the 501s, boot cut and zip rather than buttons) from Debenham's. I paid £45, although I got an extra cardholder discount. They have 506's for 40 quid though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage said:
    So I bought a pair of fake levi's off eBay for £30.

The listing said originals. The jeans are fine for £30, however, there is a moral issue here.

So, I messaged the seller- and said refund pls. They send send the jeans back. I said, no, you're not getting me. Refund, I keep the jeans and I DON'T report to the police.

I wonder what my response will be. I think my offer is very fair. And the cops take these things pretty seriously now.
    I've got some Pete Cornish Levis if you're interested. He takes normal 501's, goops the pockets, puts some military grade stitching in the waistband, and then applies a Dymo 'Levis' label to the rear end. 

Price? £501. Naturally. 

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Jeans are jeans. George at ASDA, two for £16. 

My choices are limited by having long legs and a large waist though. 
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom