Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fake Levi's off eBay

What's Hot

Comments

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754

I bought some fake Y-Fronts off eBay. Now, I can take a number two without pulling my pants down. So some fake goods have their advantages.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15488
    I bought some used panties off the internet once, don't think they were fake.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    holnrew;465336" said:
    Jeans are jeans. George at ASDA, two for £16. 

My choices are limited by having long legs and a large waist though. 
    Not to everyone. It's a bit like buying a guitar, they need to look right, feel good and have plenty of comfort for strumming the jangly bits
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• holnrew said:

wrong. Good Levis last a couple of years. Cheap jeans are faded in 2 months. Its one of the only genuine 'you get what you pay for's
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Look, I don't want to sound patronising but surely you must have had suspicions.... I mean do Levi even make PVC jeans?!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited January 2015

Levi Jeans don't fit me anyway.  I think the problem is that I have massive pert gluts and hips slightly wider than my waist, so the crotch is drawn up really tight under your balls and there is a saggy bit at the back because I have to buy two sizes too large to fit.  It is almost like they are cut for women.  They will only fit if you have a saggy arse, no arse at all and have a monoleg hip and are non athletic.  I tried all sorts.  I did buy some slightly booted cut and they slightly fitted and they are thin, but I'II only wear Levi's for welding.

Now, Lee jeans are a different story, they are ace, wrangler fit too.  I think Lee do some dungaree slim fit ones that are ace, they are my favourite, that and cheap Arizona ones from the USA.

I am a true cowboy too. So I think the advertising is misleading.

So in my case, I would probably be happier with the fakes.  A lot of fake shirts from SE Asia have a nice cut to them too I find.

I remember there being a fake emporium in Thailand or Vietnam somewhere.  Around 5 x 200metre long  floors of everything faked you could imagine, from electronics to designer shirts, shoes, everything.  It was ace.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • holnrew said:

gotta disagree with this, better fit, longer lasting and wearing better after washing will usually be better with more expensive jenas; I find Mish Mash do this for me and on the cheaper side Maine which can always be had on sale from Debenhams.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Man who shops at Debenhams has admitted defeat.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Late to the pun party here but were they evil's?

Ill see myself out.

Is that why dyslexic Catholics don't buy Levi's?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72360
    A big problem with Levi's is that even the 'genuine' ones are made in about a dozen different countries, and not only does the quality vary widely but the exact fit does sometimes too. So it could be hard to compare 'real' against 'fake' and be sure the real ones will always be a lot better.

And no, Asda jeans are not remotely the same things as good Levi's...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBM said:
    A big problem with Levi's is that even the 'genuine' ones are made in about a dozen different countries, and not only does the quality vary widely but the exact fit does sometimes too. So it could be hard to compare 'real' against 'fake' and be sure the real ones will always be a lot better.

And no, Asda jeans are not remotely the same things as good Levi's…
    Levi are a lifestyle brand, much like Gibson or Harley Davidson. US made ones are about 130 a pair, but the polish/czech made ones that are normal high street grade are about 60 a pair. I think I pay 80 for 2 pairs from Levi stores.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited January 2015
    I only have USA-made LVC Levis, I like to see the selvage when they are turned up and the denim is much better quality. Like the difference between a Gibson guitar and an Epiphone.

I'm considering some Welsh jeans though http://hiutdenim.co.uk/
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27004
    edited January 2015
    I've had several pairs of 501s and they usually wear out in the crotch after exactly 2 years of regular rotation. I've gone for Gap for my latest as they're a bit cheaper and usually last the same. Would be keen to get some USA Levis though.

That said, I have a black pair of 501s I wore exclusively for gigging with my old covers band that are still like new after 18 months hard labour, so the origin (and probably colour and wear) obviously makes a difference
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    I'm wearing a pair of Levi 501s at the moment that are less than 5 months old and already worn a hole in the left pocket, through the denim on the front and there is a hole just started in the crotch.

They were shop purchased, new and with all the tags.

Levi jeans are crap if they are anything like these ones.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    See my comment above about 501s being too tight on your balls.
  • stonevibe;465597" said:
    I'm wearing a pair of Levi 501s at the moment that are less than 5 months old and already worn a hole in the left pocket, through the denim on the front and there is a hole just started in the crotch.

You need to pay £225 a pair for the real good stuff. ;)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72360
    stonevibe said:

Where were they made?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    ASDA jeans are the best fitting I've found for years. I've noticed no difference in quality between cheap and expensive jeans. The best fitting pair I had were Wrangler though, which were at the top end of what I'm wiling to pay, but wore out faster than most.

It's just snobbery tbh.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Sambostar said:
    Man who shops at Debenhams has admitted defeat.
    :) :) Fair play, generally true for their own brand stuff, but they do sell the proper brands such as Ben Sherman etc at cheaper prices than most other places.