Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fake Levi's off eBay

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited January 2015
    I don't think it's snobbery at all.

The feel, cut and look of Levis cannot be matched by George.

I'm not into labels or designer gear but I've worn Levis pretty much exclusively for over 20 years.

Reliable quality is how I see them. Not flash but they look good on.

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Iamnobody said:
    The feel, cut and look of Levis cannot be matched by George... I've worn Levis pretty much exclusively for over 20 years.

How do you know without trying?
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I've got a range of jeans from cheap Gap to a £150 pair of Diesel (don't judge me they look great, I didn't see the price tag, I was out shopping with a new girlfriend, when the hot sales assistant rang them up I went a bit pale but couldn't think of a way to back out by then. Far and away the best feature is they make me look like I have a massive bulge, worth every penny for that alone)

The best ones are probably my pairs of 501s - I have a pair that are 20 years old and still going strong. They just fit best and feel nice.
    All practice and no theory
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited January 2015
    holnrew;466013" said:
    Iamnobody said:

The feel, cut and look of Levis cannot be matched by George... I've worn Levis pretty much exclusively for over 20 years.

How do you know without trying?
    Mother bought me a pair for skateboarding in when I was a kid and I tried a pair for work a few years later.

I would probably concede they are better now - in those days they were horrible shapeless items..but give me a pair of Levi's any day.

I'm a denim snob!

Previously known as stevebrum
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4917
    I don't wear jeans any more - I find them unforgiving for the gentleman with the "fuller figure"...   :|
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I keep thinking I am too old for jeans. They are, however, an item of clothing that relics well and given my lack of care I carry on with them.
    Currently wearing some from Burtons that have been great. My son wanted some skinny jeans from there and it was some kind of 2 for 1 offer IIRC.

Went to a police lecture on gang culture couple of months ago. Jeans are used to reflect status. £200 pair of jeans you is a drug dealer son.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    mellowsun said:
    Sambostar said:
    Man who shops at Debenhams has admitted defeat.
    :) :) Fair play, generally true for their own brand stuff, but they do sell the proper brands such as Ben Sherman etc at cheaper prices than most other places.
    I was joking really, just being a snob as I shop at the US version of Debenhams.  But of course, since it is in another country, it is exclusive don't you know.  I couldn't go to Debenhams, I worked in Top Man inside Debenhams when I was a nipper.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Iamnobody said:
    I don't think it's snobbery at all.
    Iamnobody said:

I'm a denim snob!

;)
    My V key is broken
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    it's hard to find true dark denim - Levi's One Wash seems the darkest I can find -without resorting to selvedge denim.

About a year ago, Levis changed their product range or something, so the 501's look a bit less attractive - and the fit varies one hell of a lot from one pair of the same size to another. It makes buying on line a no-no. I guess like a good 335 you have to try a few to get the right ones.

Oddly though I bought some Uniqlo selvedge jeans which have swayed me a lot...but they aren't always available.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

By the time I've undone all the fly buttons on Levi 501's, I'll have pissed myself.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom