Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The best worst film I've seen

What's Hot
dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
edited January 2015 in Off Topic
Possibly. Seriously awful but strangely compelling. I love sci-fi B-movies, but this is like scratching a rash. Rotten acting, rizla-thin plot, shit robots, duff effects and inappropriate soundtrack... I give you Space Odyssey!

Anybody else?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16299
    Psycho Beach Party comes to mind. It is a spoof so maybe that doesn't count but it's very low budget, has about two laughs, young women in bikinis and a guest appearance by Los Straitjackets so there is enough to keep me watching.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1312
    Rotten acting, rizla-thin plot, shit robots, duff effects and inappropriate soundtrack... I give you Space Odyssey Transformers by Michael Bay!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11894

Best worst film....

Almost every Michael Bay film.  They are so bad but so much eye candy and a rollercoaster for your senses. 

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Battleship really is a stinking pile of poo......but the scene where they're actually playing battleship for real ("It's a miss" etc) is pure genius....well actually it's not pure genius at all, but that must have been the scene that the entire movie is built around so I always imagine the thought process and the pitch that went from that little idea to an actual movie being made, that's the real genius of the film.
    Battleship really is a stinking pile of poo......but the scene where they're actually playing battleship for real ("It's a miss" etc) is pure genius....well actually it's not pure genius at all, but that must have been the scene that the entire movie is built around so I always imagine the thought process and the pitch that went from that little idea to an actual movie being made, that's the real genius of the film.

the kids were watching it and started shouting me to watch that scene. It's 'really, really, is this is what is happening here.' :-B Yes, both totally crap and completely engaging,not sure I could have managed the whole film though.
  • Sharknado 2
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

the kids were watching it and started shouting me to watch that scene. It's 'really, really, is this is what is happening here.' :-B Yes, both totally crap and completely engaging,not sure I could have managed the whole film though.
    (I hope I've done the spoiler bit correct here just incase anyone wants to watch this turkey...

There's a brilliant bit near the end with all the crinkly old vets stand up and volunteer to take on the aliens, somehow making the floating museum of the USS Missouri sea worthy and armed in minutes.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24522
    Arachnoquake.

Fucking awesome that was.
  • Pacific Rim was awful and tremendous. So many nods to iconic films of my youth, all wrapped up in nonsense robots.
  • n3pn3p Frets: 38
    If not mentioned already, the Nicolas Cage remake of The Wicker Man is hilariously bad
  • I think Hot Tub Time Machine qualifies as the best worst film ever. It's so bad it's incredible. 
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Psycho Beach Party comes to mind. It is a spoof so maybe that doesn't count but it's very low budget, has about two laughs, young women in bikinis and a guest appearance by Los Straitjackets so there is enough to keep me watching.
    That is actually OK and it did have the rather lovely Kimberley Davies in it, as well as Los  Straitjackets.

The Monster And The Beach Girls is far, far worse

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4317
    Pretty much any film on Syfy.

Classics such as...

Sharktopus
    Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    Big-ass spider is fucking quality, well worth a watch ;) as is sand sharks.

'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • JRLJRL Frets: 16
    CHRISB50 said:
    Pretty much any film on Syfy.

Classics such as...

Sharktopus
    Mega Shark vs Crocosaurus

Sharktopus is brilliant. Pick of the SyFy shark films for me.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10317

Filmed from Colin the zombies perspective.
    Totally bonkers but strangely compelling.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This - Black Sheep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4PkMPAlMFo

It might even actually too good to be considered really bad be it is real B-movie genius.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Hertz32 said:
    Big-ass spider is fucking quality, well worth a watch ;) as is sand sharks.

I always felt they should have come up with more specific title though as all spiders have big arses.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Ooh, Don't Go Near The Park. Shockingly bad but addictive.