Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

When you realise that a singer from a band you really like is a bit of arse

What's Hot

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79

Interesting reading everyones posts.  Guess that most songwriters need inspiration and typically it is either love or politics.  Looking back at this guys best songs, they were all in the days of the John Major being a PM, since he is a lefty, would presume that this drove his passion for the music.

Still feels strange to have an argument with someone that I would have thought I would got on really well with.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The power of suggestion... I'm going to construct a bridge, without considering its natural frequency of vibration.
    Just finished my tea....how's the bridge going?

Thanks for asking... but I've had to suspend work on it.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The power of suggestion... I'm going to construct a bridge, without considering its natural frequency of vibration.
    Just finished my tea....how's the bridge going?

Thanks for asking... but I've had to suspend work on it.
    Cantilever it until later?
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OP, at least he's not Ian Watkins, eh?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    OP, at least he's not Ian Watkins, eh?!
    Felt really sorry for the rest of that band, 15 years of hard work down the pan.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6142
    I always loved Paul Rodgers vocals... but his reputation leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I draw the line at Gary Glitter.
    And as above.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I had the singer from a well known (at the time) band actually stop at my house, he was doing a solo UK tour (he was from the US) , and my missus offered him our place for the eve, he came over with his little helper, I was well psyched as they were a great band, he got in and went straight to sleep.. Understandable I guess, but in the morning got up ate all my yoghurt with out asking, asked if he could use my Internet, which he did but gave me some spiel about my online gaming being for kids, I was 22 at the time, refused to show me how to play a riff to one of his song due to wanting to same his fingers for the gig that evening then went, without even a thankyou, just asked for directions to the m6.

I never listened to them again, these days I wouldn't care what the personalities are like, but then it was gutting!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Mark_R said:
    OP, at least he's not Ian Watkins, eh?!
    Felt really sorry for the rest of that band, 15 years of hard work down the pan.  
    Agreed.

I saw them play when they were touring SS and the band were brilliant,

Nice to see them trying to get back into the game though:

Got the singer from Thursday onboard

mrchi said:
    I had the singer from a well known (at the time) band actually stop at my house, he was doing a solo UK tour (he was from the US) , and my missus offered him our place for the eve, he came over with his little helper, I was well psyched as they were a great band, he got in and went straight to sleep.. Understandable I guess, but in the morning got up ate all my yoghurt with out asking, asked if he could use my Internet, which he did but gave me some spiel about my online gaming being for kids, I was 22 at the time, refused to show me how to play a riff to one of his song due to wanting to same his fingers for the gig that evening then went, without even a thankyou, just asked for directions to the m6.

I never listened to them again, these days I wouldn't care what the personalities are like, but then it was gutting!
    Now that is a cock.  Reminds me of when a colleague of mine ran into Aaron Paul last year while he was promoting his movie.  She bumped into him in a bar in Leicester square, possibly the one place a celeb does not want to hang out the day of his film premier if he did not want to get noticed.

She gave him some nice compliments and then asked for a photo and refused and walked off with his girlfriend muttering something about privacy and british public.  COCK
    Mark_R said:
    mrchi said:

Now that is a cock.  Reminds me of when a colleague of mine ran into Aaron Paul last year while he was promoting his movie.  She bumped into him in a bar in Leicester square, possibly the one place a celeb does not want to hang out the day of his film premier if he did not want to get noticed.

She gave him some nice compliments and then asked for a photo and refused and walked off with his girlfriend muttering something about privacy and british public.  COCK
    Probably high on the blue stuff again.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrchi said:
     asked if he could use my Internet, which he did

Was that what you told the Mrs when she discovered those donkey pics?
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited January 2015
    Mark_R said:

I think he is within his rights there, not arguing about him being ungrateful of compliments but he didn't ask to be approached she just went ahead and did it.

The comment about the british public is probably uncalled for but I reckon he's got a right to privacy when not actively doing promotion.

However,
    mrchi said:

If someone ate my yoghurt without asking I'd also think they were a bellend.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    lloyd said:

Jonny Marr-Vegan....

He doesn't really go on about it though. Moz is "only" vegetarian and is a right twat about it.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• You have to separate the person from their art. Just enjoy the music/book/film whatever.
    I was in the pub the other day and overheard a group of womenz saying exactly this about Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster.
    They're not wrong. One of the guitarists wouldn't sign my copy of Exegesis, their platinum quality album available on CD and digital download.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Oi squaddy boy, suck my cockhole!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2015
    On the flip side to the OP Billy from The Subways & Jim from Pure Love(+Hope Conspiracy) are 2 of the nicest 'rock stars' I've ever met.

Goes to show that some of them must still be decent people :)

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12402
    lolz at the bants on here

You have to separate the person from their art. Just enjoy the music/book/film whatever.
    I was in the pub the other day and overheard a group of womenz saying exactly this about Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster.
    They're not wrong. One of the guitarists wouldn't sign my copy of Exegesis, their platinum quality album available on CD and digital download.
    that's because you didn't have a left handed pen
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    @randomhandclaps donkeys....... Your disgusting! It was midget amputees!