The ratchet-hammer. What a world we live in!

What's Hot
SporkySporky Frets: 29146
"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Brilliant shame they didn't put a laser pointer in the head and a gaffa tape dispenser in the handle
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861

what effect would all that hammer have on the ratchet mechanism.

tell you what I'd like to see, a hammer that with one side you drive in nails and the other you can pull them out. That'd be sweet.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    I think this has replaced the FatMaxx Fubar as my favourite implement of destruction.
    VimFuego said:

what effect would all that hammer have on the ratchet mechanism.

Apparently none - they claim "it is absolutely impossible to damage the ratchet mechanism through hammering".

tell you what I'd like to see, a hammer that with one side you drive in nails and the other you can pull them out. That'd be sweet.

Too much power for one tool, I say. Too much power.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2489
    I think somebody has been spying on me whilst I work on my car....
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15861

hah, they said that exact same thing about Titanic.

On the subject of hammers, back when I was with the NT, for 2 weeks a year, Goldman Sachs in London would send up people to conservation/team building type work (for which the paid us). The year I was there it was rebuilding a long line of fencing. One of the things they provided were hammers that cost £75. I didn't think it was possible to spend that much on a hammer. Sadly I never got a chance to find out why they were £75 hammers as I was working on a different job and by the time that was over all the hammers had been nicked.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

I quite fancy one of these. One end is a useful pointing device during meetings or lectures and the other is a handy chopstick. I think it's called a "chop-pointer":

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Ratchet hammer? Pffft! Us proper engineers have been using ratchets as hammers for years.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    VimFuego;48810" said:
    hah, they said that exact same thing about Titanic.  On the subject of hammers, back when I was with the NT, for 2 weeks a year, Goldman Sachs in London would send up people to conservation/team building type work (for which the paid us). The year I was there it was rebuilding a long line of fencing. One of the things they provided were hammers that cost £75. I didn't think it was possible to spend that much on a hammer. Sadly I never got a chance to find out why they were £75 hammers as I was working on a different job and by the time that was over all the hammers had been nicked.
    It was probably an Estwing hammer. They are beautiful looking things. Whether they actually hammer things better is a moot point.
    Ratchet hammer? Pffft! Us proper engineers have been using ratchets as hammers for years.
    Oi! I'm a proper engineer. I've got letters after my name wot prove it.
    boogieman said:
    It was probably an Estwing hammer. They are beautiful looking things. Whether they actually hammer things better is a moot point.
    I've got one of them! It's lovely. No use though; I can't bear to hit anything with it though. It might get scratched.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73048
    If you think £75 for a hammer is expensive you're clearly not in the world of MoD procurement...

I prefer the tools of the proletariat. My favourite hammer is a communist one, made in East Germany, looks pretty much like the type you see in Soviet-era worker art. I find it handy for smashing the chains of capitalism.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Oooh, hark at the proletariat. Pleb tools not good enough for you?
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    edited October 2013
    image &      image
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • boogieman said:
    VimFuego;48810" said:
    hah, they said that exact same thing about Titanic.  On the subject of hammers, back when I was with the NT, for 2 weeks a year, Goldman Sachs in London would send up people to conservation/team building type work (for which the paid us). The year I was there it was rebuilding a long line of fencing. One of the things they provided were hammers that cost £75. I didn't think it was possible to spend that much on a hammer. Sadly I never got a chance to find out why they were £75 hammers as I was working on a different job and by the time that was over all the hammers had been nicked.
    Now only £35 from screwfix http://www.screwfix.com/p/estwing-curved-claw-hammer-20oz-0-57kg/71360?kpid=71360&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CMvmq8in_bkCFebJtAodIR8AwA
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Sporky said:
    I NEED one of these, it'll save my hammers being used as ratchets >:)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    loads of rat shit out in my garden

bastards
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    bertie said:
    loads of rat shit out in my garden

bastards

Well try shitting in a toilet

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7370
    edited October 2013
    Did you see the episode of scrubs with "knife-wrench"?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ