The ratchet-hammer. What a world we live in!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    bertie said:
    WHERE'S THAT BLOODY FACEPALM BUTTON.................

:x

Monquixote sold it in Ebay. I believe to one Mr B.Ertie

@-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3614
    I made a replacement windowsill for the outside of my front room at the weekend. Proper proud I was starting from an oversize piece of wood and cutting it up with a circular saw, Router, plane etc. 
    So last night I attached it to the window frame and hit the nail with my hammer. Unfortunately it was my thumb nail !!! I had to use a drift/punch to do the last inch underneath and it slipped. 
    Anyway hammers are wonderful tools I have at least 7 from sledge down to panel pin and a couple of mallets too. Go me.

:-SS
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5027
    edited October 2013
    Further to my input above, it seems likely that EVH used a hammer to build his iconic guitar. The scratch plate seemed to have caused some difficulties too. Not for him the chore of endless sanding and rubbing in 57 coats True Oil, he simply used gaffa tape and the ends of rolls of electrical tape to cover the guitar body. Kinda mummified it in a modern way. They say he can play too. Too many notes and too quick for my liking. But he can use (play) his hammer.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum