Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Eeek!! Have you got mice?

What's Hot
Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
edited February 2015 in Off Topic

So there I was asleep in bed last night, it was about 1:30am and I was basking in a post masturbatory glow. Anyhoo I heard a rustling from under the bad. Balls I thought to myself, the dog must have snuck out of his cage. So I fumble for the light switch and turn it on, only to see a small grey streak of something dive for a gap in the skirting board.

I guess we've got A mouse, but then again if I've seen 1 it probably means we've got 50, that means its trapping time. So as a guitarist what is your favourite mouse trap bait? Cheese like in cartoons or something crazy like peanut butter & raisins?

By the way I'm trapping to kill not catch & release. Fuck 'em they're only mice.

(do we want pictures?)

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    Chocolate. And little traps cheap from Wilko.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Hempseed works really well for trapping mouses.

OR my cat Charlie, who seems to find every mouses in the county, while never leaving the garden.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15644
    we have 2 hunting cats, of course we have mice. And we have several rooms full of boxes, lots of places for mortally wounded rodents to escape into and subsequently die (and rot).

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• We used to have two cats who used to bring in lots of mice ... then let them go.

Ahhh good times. I remember grabbing one mouse by its tail as it ran off. It kept going leaving the tail in my hand, I felt a bit bad about that.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

•  

Ahhh good times. I remember grabbing one mouse by its tail as it ran off. It kept going leaving the tail in my hand, I felt a bit bad about that.

Were you re-enacting a Tom and Jerry cartoon?

Just watch out when the mouse picks up an iron!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Many moons ago as a young, dirty, scruffy little oik I lived in a terrace house in Moss Side. We  had mice and trapped them (cheese IIRC) however one morning making my toast, the toaster wouldn't work and had been on the blink for a few days (still working though) to my disgust when looking inside it was a dead, toasted mouse.....Must have been toasted a few times along with someone's toast..... 

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mice like nuts and cereal grains. peanuts are a favourite, you could spike one on the spike of a mousetrap for a fast & relatively painless end to his furry little life. I prefer not to kill them, but if you don't want them peeing on the worktop of your kitchen and leaving their droppings in the bread bin, you may not have the choice.

They are only into cheese as a last resort if they can't find anything else.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6198
    Iamnobody said:
    Chocolate. And little traps cheap from Wilko.
    This... Those little back plastic traps in Wilco get the mice every time. Much better than the cheaper wooden versions. I bait them with chocolate or stinky old Stilton cheese (I get them trying to set up home in my garage during the winter months).
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522

Block up their holes with steel wool (inb4 crude joke) and put dishes of peppermint oil around the place to ward them off.

Or get a cat :)

All practice and no theory
  • don't get a cat! they just find mice that were perfectly happy outside and then bring them into your house.

and mine doesn't like the head or guts so they get left in a little pile on the kitchen floor

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    I found the best bait is rat poison. Mice seem to be able to live on it, but put a trap next to it and suddenly you're collecting mice.
  • My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    there is no way on Earth that is deckers van. It is clearly capable of motion.

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Mice like nuts and cereal grains. peanuts are a favourite, you could spike one on the spike of a mousetrap for a fast & relatively painless end to his furry little life. ...
    +1. When we had mice a few years back we just used peanuts on a traditional trap and that quickly dealt with the problem. I'd have preferred a more humane solution, but the rest of the family were more concerned with solving the problem quickly.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    And what's more it appears it's being used as a wedding carriage. Ideal for the bride who doesn't really want to get married; she'd never get to the altar on time.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    VimFuego said:
    we have 2 hunting cats, of course we have mice. And we have several rooms full of boxes, lots of places for mortally wounded rodents to escape into and subsequently die (and rot).
    lol,

our youngest cat is a killing machine. Not long ago we had friends staying and that night she brought in about 5 mice. SHowing off.

Its calmed down recently, that's due to the snow, but before that it was about 3 or 4 a week, alive and dead. Then there's the birds, pigeons usually. The last one, she ragged so badly, I had to get the pigeon and wring its neck. It was beyond help. Thing is, I've never wrung a neck before, and I pulled the chuffing head off.

Which was great, being a vegetarian, yeah, I felt really good about that. BLeeding claret everywhere.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11373
    I had some unwanted visitors a couple of years ago.

Peanut butter as bait on a real bastard of a mousetrap did the trick.
    we've currently got at least two mice under the cooker, mrs f is trying to coax them out with hazel nuts. And we had a baby rabbit living under the larder cupboard for a few nights. That was fun getting that out I can tell you.

• stickersticker Frets: 869

I get them coming in to my garage - tried the humane traps at first - they're shit .

I use 2" Little Nipper" traditional style mousetraps and peanut butter and that does the trick .

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11643
    tFB Trader
    Tigger presented me with a mouse last night on the back step (looked very pleased with himself too!)

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!