Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Cleaner and The Rubbish

What's Hot
Denise comes in every Friday and does a good job of keeping our company's premises clean. She's a nice enough lass. We 3 software engineers live in a scruffy lab upstairs. Sometimes she vacuum-cleans our floor but she doesn't do it every week, and frankly the place seems just as dusty whether she cleans the floor or not. We have a normal sized rubbish bin, which historically has filled to near the top in the space of a week - certainly for as long as I've been here and AFAIK longer than that. Just recently the other 2 guys have been going to the big Sainsburys for their lunch and coming back every day with canned fizzy drinks and other prepackaged food, so the bin has filled to overflowing. Last week there was a pile of orange Sainsbury's bags filled with refuse dumped on the floor beside the bin. Denise took those away too. Then one of these guys gets a spare rubbish bin from downstairs and brings that up to sit next to the first bin. When Denise came today both bins were full to overflowing.

Denise asked if we would take our rubbish downstairs during the week.

Later, one of the other two guys said "But taking the rubbish out is her job, woss problem?" I said, I don't disagree that it's her job, but what's triggered her saying that is that for years she's had one bin to empty, and suddenly she sees enough crap to fill two bins to overflowing.

I think that so long as she can safely carry the rubbish bags downstairs in one go then there needn't be any cause for complaint, but it does look as if her workload as recently been doubled for our room. I wouldn't say that because taking the rubbish out is her job, we have licence to be as messy as we like with no limitation.

Has anyone else any views?
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15642

if it makes your mate feel better about his worthless and insignificant existence* to demean someone below his payscale then I guess her sacrifice is worthwhile. It's why we have a hierarchy, to make those beneath us feel bad.

*I don't actually know if his existence is worthless etc. I'm just making up shit.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds like a load of rubbish to me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• VimFuego said:

if it makes your mate feel better about his worthless and insignificant existence* to demean someone below his payscale then I guess her sacrifice is worthwhile. It's why we have a hierarchy, to make those beneath us feel bad.

*I don't actually know if his existence is worthless etc. I'm just making up shit.

I'm not sure he thinks that way. He's the kind of bloke who would suggest that blind golfers should have the use of the golf course at night.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15642
    don't approve of that at all, if I'm gonna be using golfers as target practice I don't see why I should have to go out at night to do it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Fck me, if they're going out to the shop every day, it's no big task for them to cart a bin bag down the stairs and out the door.

Tell em they've now be referred to as Pussies.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    People in my work leave the kitchen in shit state, even making a brew, coffe granuals and milk everywhere and leave it for the cleaners. Yeah it's their job but have a bit of respect.

I'd have no problem emptying my own bin.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lloyd said:
    Yeah it's their job but have a bit of respect.

^ This ^
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    lloyd;510317" said:
    People in my work leave the kitchen in shit state, even making a brew, coffe granuals and milk everywhere and leave it for the cleaners. Yeah it's their job but have a bit of respect.

I'd have no problem emptying my own bin.
    Absolutely. We've two Domestic Engineers/Fishwives at work. If one of them is off me or my colleagues don't mind chipping in at all. Takes no effort.

Either that or I'll get one of the punters to 'volunteer'...
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Is she hot? It might have a bearing on my response.

• Is she hot? It might have a bearing on my response.
    why not just say what your response would be if she were hot, and what it would be if she wasn't?
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6908
    edited February 2015
    My view is I wouldn't want to work in an environment with overflowing bins.

I'd remove the rubbish regularly - cleaner or no cleaner.

People who leave toilets in a disgusting state at work piss me off. You wouldn't do it at home - there's a bog brush use the cunting thing...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think people who feels it's OK to talk down to someone who handles rubbish or cleans for a living display the ultimate lack of class.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
    why not just say what your response would be if she were hot, and what it would be if she wasn't?
    Maybe it's not what he would do so much as weighing up his chances.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    Maybe it's not what he would do so much as weighing up his chances.
    without wishing to demean the lady as shallow or a gold digger, I'm under the impression that your chances depend more on the size of your bank balance than the size of your dick, or your measurement in the tall dark & handsome stakes. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1319
    People should look after the people that look after them.  Taking down a bin bag once a week would be a gesture that, if she really is a nice enough lass, you will see returned several times over.  
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    She should get a job at a solicitors firm, she'd clean up. Boom tish, I'm here all weak. Try the veal.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    We get these muppets at our place, always makes me wonder what their own house is like, probably used to their other half wiping their arses...

Keep your bin in order !    

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    We get these muppets at our place, always makes me wonder what their own house is like, probably used to their other half wiping their arses...

Keep your bin in order !    
    The other two both live with "mum"
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10342
    My tea mug is so stained the cleaners chucked it in the bin the other day rather than attempt to wash it.

The lazy cows.

;)
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2092
    spark240 said:

Keep your bin in order !    
    The other two both live with "mum"
    Nuff said..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview