Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Work Pranks

What's Hot

Comments

• TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    edited February 2015
    TheCount;34682" said:
    Any good tricks played on your work mates?

In the past, myself and my work buds have got up to the following either at or on the way to work?

Poured curry powder into colleague's car air ventsCable tied people legs to train seats while asleepCrapped in unplumbed toilets in the plumber's storeroom

These few come to mind, sure there's more, what's yours??????
    You're 'wacky' aren't you?

I really want to work where you do....
    Naah - wasn't all me. I work from home now and it get's a bit boring, kinda miss what we used to get up to. 

The curry thing was when I worked on the construction of Bluewater shopping centre - ages ago, I'm much more sensible now. That was a good job - they were paying us £130 a day plus extra at weekends to race each other round in scissor lifts all day:) Did absolutely bugger all work for nearly 18 months

happy days.......

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    edited February 2015
    WHAT?  All this shit happened on Sesame Street?  It always seemed so tame.
    Sesame street was only ever a part time gig, 3-4hrs a week. My mum told me I needed to get a trade so I trained up as a sparky.

Wasn't easy to find jobs cos I can only work nights
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3956
    Too many to mention.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2097
    Nail gunned a metal toolbox to the floor, then filled with concrete overnight....with the tools in it. 

The victim wasnt happy..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    edited February 2015
    spark240 said:
    Nail gunned a metal toolbox to the floor, then filled with concrete overnight....with the tools in it. 

The victim wasnt happy..
    And yet you're still alive?
    I suppose they had nothing left to murder you with.

HAL9000 said:
    When I worked as a mainframe programmer many years back the F3 key was set to 'save,end' so that your work would automatically be saved when you exited. Reconfiguring this key to 'sort,save,end' would mean that the programmer would see no difference when he exited his session. However next time he opened a session his lines of code would be in alphabetical order. Priceless.
    Ouch.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

At a previous job, anyone who's birthday it was would often be leaving at 10pm only to find their car pallet wrapped............

I've also seen snow used to fill a tool box. The revenge was dirty engine oil used to fill the other guys tool box.

Whitefish shoved in a car's heater box.

Funniest was the time a tech,was fooled into thinking we were all having drugs tests and had to take a urine sample upstairs. Shame the "urine" was apple juice......

Same tech didn't know what was wrong with a car, and it was suggested he looked for a "flux capacitor".

Worst (I didn't do this) was the guy who had his motorcycle helmet shat in. Mind he was huge bellend.........

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• I'm really glad I don't work with you lot...!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • We had a "senior" (as in old) project manager. Lovely guy but very slow typing, literally looking for each individual letter....so one morning the keys on his keyboard were re-arranged. Took him till about mid morning to finally give up and call IT as he was having trouble with logging in with his password.

I honestly wasn't involved in the swap, but I was sat opposite him as he huffed and puffed trying to get it to work....actually seems cruel now. 

Another one was someone managed to get a goldfish into one of those water cooler bottles. It spent a good morning swiming around in there without anyone noticing. That was in a site cabin, I only saw the photos the next day. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    edited February 2015
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137

When I was at college, we used to have a maths tutorial at the hostel one evening a week. The lecturer, Gordon Bennett (yes, really), never had a car licence, instead he used a varied collection of 3-wheeled Reliants as transport. While he was doing his tutorial, the usual trick was for a couple of students to pick the back of his plastic pig up, and place just enough bricks under the axle to lift one wheel off the ground. When Gordon got into the pig and tried to drive off, one wheel would spin, and he got nowhere, all this to the delight of the accumulated students stood watching and hooting with laughter. After this happened a few weeks on the trot, several students were disciplined by the college. The following week, a load of them went out, picked up his Reliant, carried it up the road, and hid it round the back of a parade of shops. Gordon thought it had been stolen and called the local police, who seemed to find it more than a bit amusing, and although he eventually found the pig after an hour or so, the maths tutorials ceased from then on.

Many years ago, I used to do contract work. I was working in Tilbury power station whilst it was shut down. Me and my mate Mick were in a 'dead space' checking the thickness of the high pressure steam piping with various instruments, and would mark those that needed cutting out and replacing. Then the welders would come round, cut the offending bend out, and TIG weld a new one in. The bloke that did the welding was a right mouthy, cocky bastard, and would tell anyone who would listen how he was the world's best welder, which was incredibly irritating, even if it were true. One day, I crawled over to where the welder had just welded a new bend in, and commented how incredibly brilliant his weld was, and how it must be fantastic to be as skilful as him, and I'd love to have a go at it, but as I couldn't weld, I'd be sure to make a complete arse of the job. As expected, he thought I was taking the piss, and could weld. He did no more, but took his apron, gloves and helmet off, handed to me, and said "There you go, try that one, then. I lined all the kit up, and made the absolute worst weld you'd ever seen, it looked like a collection of metal peas perched on the top of the pipe. "Well, that's pretty good for me, thanks for letting me have a go," says I. "Fuck me, you cant weld!" says the welder. "No, I told you I couldn't," replied yours truly. "Fucking hell", he screamed, "The auditors will be round in a minute, if they see this I'll lose my job, have you got a grinder?" No, neither me or my mate had a grinder.

He shot out of the dead space like he'd been fired from a cannon. We were 177 feet up, with God knows how many stairs down. Mick got out of the dead space and watched the bloke sprinting across the car park to the shed for a grinder, I was incapable of any action, I was laughing so much. When the bloke got back he looked like he'd just run a marathon and was about to pass out, he dived into the dead space, and began cutting out the shite welding that I'd done, managing to do it just in time before the auditors came round.

We never heard him mention the incident to anyone, and strangely enough, he ceased boasting about his welding prowess, too.

Slightly puerile, this one: I used to work for a plant hire company for a couple of years. Every Friday afternoon, my mate used to get about 40 feet of thick blue tissue paper that they used to soak up oil and grease, and tie it to the back axle of the manager's car. We then used to sit in the pub at the top of the road with a pint, and watch as the manager drove past trailing the blue paper behind him. Every Monday morning, he used to bollock us for doing, it, but by Friday, he'd forgotten, and we'd do it again. More later.

• By me and others:

- At a previous employer, a company run by husband and wife who faced each other on two big desks. Swapped the wireless mouse receivers over so they both experienced random mouse movement at once.

- If you have access to the mail server you can sign your boss up for spam AND confirm that you really want it.

- Electrician sent overalls to have length adjusted by 4". Somebody added a 1 to the form --> cool knee-length overalls.

- Pretend legs sticking out from under a skip.

- Filling newlywed colleague's car with polystyrene packing chips. It took months to find them all.

- During winter and on the night shift, spend all night pouring cold water on someone's windscreen, building up an impenetrable ice wall for them to find as they go home at 6am.

- A company with a furnace that used to have a life-size dummy made of rags on an upper platform. Sent a noob up to get a spanner on the night shift, and someone was up there dressed in the dummy's clothes.

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited February 2015
    I changed the Autocorrect on a colleagues computer so that every time he typed "the" it automatically became "tits". It made for some amusing emails to IT while he got it sorted. 

Flour in the air vents of a car, blowers on full… the moment they turn the key- instant white out.

Froze someone's car keys into a bucket of ice & threw it into the swimming pool.

I once came to cycle home and instead of my bike I found a pair of goggles… they'd taken the bike apart and sunk it to the bottom of the pool (we were doing a filter change, so it was closed & the water was black… took me AGES to find everything).

I now work in a lab… pranks are frowned upon. (Although I moved someone's kit out of their incubator & hid in there wearing a lion mask. They opened the door.. I roared at them. I think a new pair of pants was needed).

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Swopping number plates from front to back is common.

I cannot possible comment on who made the "Chris" and "Helmet" plates which are currently adorning the workshop wall

:-?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    When I worked at a thermoplastic factory, one of the machine-setters got into a disagreement with a couple of his work colleagues. On the night shift, the two colleagues stuck a hosepipe through the bloke's sunroof and filled his car up up with water.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207

Another one was someone managed to get a goldfish into one of those water cooler bottles. It spent a good morning swiming around in there without anyone noticing. That was in a site cabin, I only saw the photos the next day. 
    That's just cruel :(

A lot of these "pranks" sound an awful lot like bullying.
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72941
    TheCount said:
    Any good tricks played on your work mates?

In the past, myself and my work buds have got up to the following either at or on the way to work?

Poured curry powder into colleague's car air vents
    Cable tied people legs to train seats while asleep
    These are excellent.

Curry powder in the air vents is a fantastic joke if he doesn't turn the heating on until he's on the motorway, then it gets in his eyes.

Cable tying someone's leg to the seat is really funny, too, especially when they stand up, fall over and tear their knee leaving them permanently crippled. Even better if they hit their head on something on the way down and end up brain damaged.

Luckily there are lawyers who see the funny side too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrew said:
    A lot of these "pranks" sound an awful lot like bullying.
    I think that's fair comment in some cases, it obviously depends upon the "workplace" in question, and whether it's all one way traffic (or directed at one person). 
    Thankfully whilst having worked in several places where pranks were common, I've never seen it get out of hand or nasty. 

I once got asked at interview "have you ever played any good pranks on colleagues?" When I told them about the flour & air vent trick the response was "you'll fit right in!".

Another easy one was that a guy in my office went away for christmas, so we gift wrapped his desk, computer, chair, mouse, stapler, pens, mug… everything we could see was individually wrapped. Took 6 of us AGES.
    If I leave my desktop unlocked my colleagues routinely change my wall paper to whatever takes their fancy, I'm just used to it now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6578
    edited February 2015

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • The 'classic' list of complaints against David Thorne http://www.27bslash6.com/f26a.html
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11408
    I read about one from many years ago.

Several employees decided that a colleague was behaving badly. So they bought a hat that was identical to his (see, a long time ago) except that it was a size larger. every few days, they swapped the hats around.

It ended when they found out that he'd been to the doctor convinced that his head was expanding and shrinking.