Ikea or Death!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Easy .. can't see what all the fuss is about ... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5187
    Of course, if you had played drums for Bathory you'd have got none right as you would have been to busy making videos for Madonna and Prodigy.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5187
    R
    RobDavies;53829" said:
    I was in a forerunner to one of those bands back in the nineties.  I also shop fairly regularly at Ikea.

Go me.
    Salem Orchid?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73049
    bertie said:
    its actually got some 1/2 decent stuff,  thats very hard to beat at the ££ -  book shelves/cupboards etc  - that you can easily improve the joints/connections with a small amount of DIY knowledge...
    Agreed. The stuff I've got has been very well engineered to use cheap materials but fit together with good precision and reasonable strength even when assembled by amateurs. It is throwaway in the sense that it probably isn't going to survive being disassembled and reassembled more than a couple of times before the threads start to strip, and it might not even be a good idea to move it in one piece if it's big and you can twist it in a way it wasn't designed for. I admit to using glue in certain places and longer screws in others, but that's because I'm fussy.

Death Metal... quite effective for keeping your parents away.

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    Reverend said:
    R
    RobDavies;53829" said:
    I was in a forerunner to one of those bands back in the nineties.  I also shop fairly regularly at Ikea.

Go me.
    Salem Orchid?

Even earlier than that - although I did attempt to produce a Salem Orchid demo, albeit quite badly.

Berzerka we we're called.  Ironically, Akercocke recruited Matt Wilcock from a band called The Berzerker.  But I'm guessing that you knew that already.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    johnnyurq said:
    Or source parts for pedal boards IIRC.

Granted the Billy bookcase and that sort has a use.
    Billy bookcase FTW!