iTunes WTF?

What's Hot
loaded latest iTunes. Can't find locally stored music, can't play it, help is rubbish, displays are crap ... can I undo this and go back to previous version? Old XP machine
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    FFS!

It won't play anything!  despite spending minutes on loading a prerecorded cd into the pc

IT's SHITE!!!!!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    iTunes is fucking wank and I hope everyone responsible for it wakes up tomorrow with swarms of poisonous insects in their beds.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited March 2015
    Can you tell that my painstakingly-constructed, millimetre-perfect library of 5000 songs recently decided to arbitrarily disappear?

CUNTS.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • iTunes?

Never used it, and therefore have never had a problem. I store my tunes in "MickeySoft's Windoze" folders and access them at will with RealPlayer. "That", just works.

It's a bit like Quicktime, and Drugs. Just say no! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Love my Mac, bloody hate iTunes :( POS bit of software
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    They never learn.  I went through this with one of their never ending parade of "updates" a few years ago.  I couldn't get anywhere with it so I uninstalled it.  I recently downloaded and installed the "latest" version and it works but I have disabled the "update" function and choose "no" to all requests for updates, so far so good.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4253
    I don't getthe hate, but I've never had an issue with it in the 10ish years I've used it, and on multiple platforms and OS'.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3099
    I thought it was just me that had the problem. I connected my iPod and it synced only recently purchased songs. So ive gone from having over 200 songs to 34. The other songs I had (which i had bought from itunes over the years) wont play and wont let me download them.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    You might be able to find it all, it's happened to me a couple of times - I now backup the itunes library every time I rip or buy something. It truly is a dreadful piece of crap.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    The music files haven't disappeared, and the soundcard h/w and s/w hasn't changed. iTunes however is claiming "there is a problem with your audio configuration". There wasn't before iTunes f__ked it up. I can' hear audio from youtube or soundcloud now either. :x 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    For a company that pushed music as an important part of its business Apple really never got the iTunes part right, it's hateful.

Try and do a bit of reading beforehand if you try an old version, just in case

http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

For a company that pushed music as an important part of its business Apple really never got the iTunes part right, it's hateful.

Apparently the downloads are "malicious" and chrome blocks them. Is chrome being paranoid?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4253
    Phil_aka_Pip;566244" said:
    The music files haven't disappeared, and the soundcard h/w and s/w hasn't changed. iTunes however is claiming "there is a problem with your audio configuration". There wasn't before iTunes f__ked it up. I can' hear audio from youtube or soundcloud now either. :x 
    So you're saying iTunes isn't the likely culprit then.
    Phil_aka_Pip;566244" said:
    So you're saying iTunes isn't the likely culprit then.
    I definitely am. Everything was all right until the arrival of the new iTunes.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    10000+ tunes on iTunes match synced with 6 devices that play anytime any place anywhere .....

I like it and had an original iPod still buy everything on CD though...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Phil_aka_Pip;566319" said:
    Flink_Poyd said:

Apparently the downloads are "malicious" and chrome blocks them. Is chrome being paranoid?
    Not sure, haven't had to use that site for a while. Didn't know Apple archived them either
    https://support.apple.com/downloads/#itunes
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7379
    iTunes is total balls
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Used the windoze remove programs facility. got rid of everything with iTunes in the title.

soundcloud works, so does youtube, and Windoze Media Player.

I don't need iTunes :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    iTunes works fine for me. The only irritation really is that I still very often forget that shuffle is global since version 11, whereas up to version 10 it was per-playlist, so when switching from library (on shuffle) to a playlist (which I want sequential) it remains on shuffle and drives me nuts when it jumps to the wrong song. Bit of a first-world problem to be honest.

I was also slightly annoyed they dropped the Cover Stream view format which I liked, but I've got a separate app for that now.

If you've updated iTunes and it doesn't work right, or you've lost all your songs, restore the previous version or the old iTunes library from your backup and you should be back in business. I've had to do that once after a (self-inflicted) screw-up. Don't have a recent enough backup? Don't blame Apple.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Can i ask a question.
    In my music file under I  I have itunes file which is all the music in Itunes on my lap top.
    can i copy and paste the whole file to the same music file and then delete itunes putting every album alphabetically with the rest in the music file.
    I use a sonos player which searches all files so playings not a problem just the storing of the files incase i have a problem with itunes .
    Hope this makes sense. cheers.