iTunes WTF?

What's Hot

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Maybe it wasn't tested on XP, which isn't unreasonale.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    holnrew said:
    Maybe it wasn't tested on XP, which isn't unreasonale.
    Most properly-written programs will refuse to install into systems they're not designed to work on.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2449
    It's not shite.  It's only shite when it doesn't work.  Was it shite before it stopped working?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2449
    Bucket said:
    iTunes is fucking wank and I hope everyone responsible for it wakes up tomorrow with swarms of poisonous insects in their beds.

Bucket said:
    Can you tell that my painstakingly-constructed, millimetre-perfect library of 5000 songs recently decided to arbitrarily disappear?

CUNTS.
    Seriously, the hostility you bear towards Apple is sort of worrying.  Really, you don't have to use it.  Ever.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I don't getthe hate, but I've never had an issue with it in the 10ish years I've used it, and on multiple platforms and OS'.
    Same here man.  Never ever had a problem with it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Phil_aka_Pip what version of iTunes are you now using?  
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited March 2015
    beed84 said:
    Seriously, the hostility you bear towards Apple is sort of worrying.  Really, you don't have to use it.  Ever.
    They seem to bear some hostility towards me being able to access all my music from one place... I don't spend every day and night thinking about how much I hate them, but when the opportunity comes up to have a verbal pop at them I will do so, and with glee.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Phil_aka_Pip what version of iTunes are you now using?  
    none. Windoze Media Player can play digitised audio just as well
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    beed84 said:
    It's not shite.  It's only shite when it doesn't work.  Was it shite before it stopped working?
    That version never worked, Ergo, it was shite
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    People who report that they've never had an issue don't really get it (and could themselves be on borrowed time and not realise)  - loosing the entire music library happens to far too many people and with alarming regularity.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    beed84 said:
    Bucket said:
    iTunes is fucking wank and I hope everyone responsible for it wakes up tomorrow with swarms of poisonous insects in their beds.

Bucket said:
    Can you tell that my painstakingly-constructed, millimetre-perfect library of 5000 songs recently decided to arbitrarily disappear?

CUNTS.
    The nature of some of those comments are frankly bizarre.  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I'm not aware that any files are missing. The program just didn't work, and prevented other programs from reproducing sound. Getting rid, without changing any setup/config of the soundcard, has restored sound to everything else. 
    Jalapeno said:
    People who report that they've never had an issue don't really get it (and could themselves be on borrowed time and not realise)  - loosing the entire music library happens to far too many people and with alarming regularity.
    It's still there though, on your hard drive.  There will be a reason why it's gone missing and it should be solvable.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    Jalapeno said:
    It may well do - and I have had something similar although it was my fault - but the important thing is to back up. If you have done, you can easily restore everything. If you haven't, it's not really Apple's fault. Any hard drive in any brand of computer can stop working at any time, and if you're not backed up then you can lose the lot. If you don't have a proper backup routine then you're on borrowed time whatever OS and music app you use.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Jalapeno said:
    It's still there though, on your hard drive.  There will be a reason why it's gone missing and it should be solvable.  
    You don't get it do you ?  Sometimes, yes, iTunes forgets where the files are - other times it deletes the lot.

Feedback
    ICBM said:
    It's not really Apple's fault.
    Oh it bloody is !

Not having backups is not their fault, but the POS that is iTunes certainly is.

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    Jalapeno said:
    Sometimes, yes, iTunes forgets where the files are - other times it deletes the lot. 
    So restore them from your backup…

Mildly annoying to have to, I agree. But at least they're not lost.

Jalapeno said:
    Not having backups is not their fault, but the POS that is iTunes certainly is.
    I don't find it a POS. Maybe it's because I'm using it on a Mac, I don't know.

On the other hand just about everyone I know who uses a PC seems to have endless trouble with it, so perhaps the problem is the type of computer you're running it on.

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    Jalapeno said:
    Jalapeno said:
    You don't get it do you ?  Sometimes, yes, iTunes forgets where the files are - other times it deletes the lot.
    I do get it.  There's bound to be a reason why it's forgetting where the files are and / or why it's deleting songs.

Having said that I use it on a Mac.  I did use it on a Windows machine too and never had problems but most of my experience with it comes with a Mac.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1010
    Bought a beautful, elegant iPod a few years ago, therefore tried iTunes.

After multiple uncommanded deletions - and a truely hateful experience where it prevented me accessing my own recordings (all written and recorded by my own fair hand);nothing Apple will ever go near my equipment again.

Ever.

There are more than a few programmes that do all that itunes does infinitely better and without the risk and usually free.

Stay away from iApple!!!!!!

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1010
    Would like to fix all the typos in that post (The pain resurfaced...) but this board has never let me edit - is it Apple software?