iTunes WTF?

What's Hot

Comments

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    ICBM said:
    In what way don't I have 100% control over them with iTunes, and if I don't, why does it matter? I seem to be able to organise them how I want now.

They do sometimes change stuff for no apparently good reason which annoys me for a bit, but it's almost always been possible to put it right - about the only exception being the global shuffle, and I can live with that given the overall ease of use.

You do have control of it with iTunes, just some people don't think you do. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11532
    Glad I've stopped using my iPod and have a Sansa MP3 player now.  Much better, and I don't need to use iTunes anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Vodafone game me a free spotify account and I've never looked back
    Do they do that generally, or was that a special thing to you?
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2954
    I've used MediaMonkey for years now. I love it, it's like iTunes... but it just works.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
     Exemplar Apple Fanboi beliefs on display here - that if anything has gone wrong it is without any shadow of doubt the user's fault.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    Jalapeno said:
     Exemplar Apple Fanboi beliefs on display here - that if anything has gone wrong it is without any shadow of doubt the user's fault.
    Say you run a big warehouse full of books. Let's call it a Library. And say there's a chap at the front desk who has a catalogue with the details of the name and location of every book. And say someone came in and renamed half the books, or moved them to different shelves. Whose fault is it that the librarian can no longer find books?

I'm not saying he never makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean he's always the one to blame.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2450
    Nothing is infallible.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4255
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    Jalapeno said:
    Say you run a big warehouse full of books. Let's call it a Library. And say there's a chap at the front desk who has a catalogue with the details of the name and location of every book. And say someone came in and renamed half the books, or moved them to different shelves. Whose fault is it that the librarian can no longer find books?

I'm not saying he never makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean he's always the one to blame.
    To map this analogy onto iTunes requires the librarian to be a paranoid schizophrenic who every now and then suffers a psychotic episode half-way through a stocktake, throws all the index cards into a heap in the middle of the floor and then sets fire to it, then goes running through the stacks picking up armfulls of books at random and throwing them through the windows.

Of course it's probably all my fault for occasionally wanting to access my content on non-Apple devices...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4255
    JayGee said:
    Jalapeno said:

To map this analogy onto iTunes requires the librarian to be a paranoid schizophrenic who every now and then suffers a psychotic episode half-way through a stocktake, throws all the index cards into a heap in the middle of the floor and then sets fire to it, then goes running through the stacks picking up armfulls of books at random and throwing them through the windows.

Of course it's probably all my fault for occasionally wanting to access my content on non-Apple devices...

Well there's your bloody problem - you're using Windows! :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
    Excellent work !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5037
    I use a little Zen player and Superlux HD 681 headphones.  Brilliant sound as I use WAV or FLAC files [not iTunes], not expensive but the 'phones are too big for walking around.  I have a small pair of Sennheisers for that purpose.

The Zen has a built in radio and lots of gizmos that I don't need.  Copy music files from your computer via a USB cable.  I copied many folders of my favorite groups/singers.  Choose Shuffle and listen to your music and really hear close to what the engineer heard in the mixing studio.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    Jalapeno said:
    No... I'm just puzzled by why, no matter how many Mac/iTunes users report well over a decade of use with no particular problems, and find it does "just work", whenever someone else has a problem with it on a different type of machine then it must be Apple's fault for writing such a shitty piece of software.

I'm certainly not an Apple fanboy, but I have to say some of the bashing is just silly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    ICBM said:
    Jalapeno said:
    No... I'm just puzzled by why, no matter how many Mac/iTunes users report well over a decade of use with no particular problems, and find it does "just work", whenever someone else has a problem with it on a different type of machine then it must be Apple's fault for writing such a shitty piece of software.

I'm certainly not an Apple fanboy, but I have to say some of the bashing is just silly.
    I dunno... I just explained what my experience was. It wasn't a bash. Just that my experience hasn't been good at all. I also find it to be a naggy piece of shit, constantly asking me if I want this or that update. Windows used to be bad for that, but now iTunes and OSX Yosemite have taken the crown!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602

Apple support for Windows just improved ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    ITunes Match anyone a subscriber apart from me? I thinks it's ace!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    ITunes Match anyone a subscriber apart from me? I thinks it's ace!
    I've seen it advertised not sure whether its any good ... what's the cost?

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    Fretwired said:
    Except Apple are giving away their annual, major OS updates completely free and have for a couple of years now. I don't remember MS ever giving Windows 7 free, even to the poor bastards who already paid for Vista...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Except Apple are giving away their annual, major OS updates completely free and have for a couple of years now. I don't remember MS ever giving Windows 7 free, even to the poor bastards who already paid for Vista...
    It's supposed to be a funny cartoon not an infographic explaining the differences between leading operating systems .. and it doesn't say whether the Windows upgrade is free .. it just highlights the frustration of the Windows user .... ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom