PitBulls & Turtles

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 28006
edited March 2015 in Off Topic
This discussion was created from comments split from: beware using hermes 5 aside team ,i mean couriers.
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    Dalefty;567004" said:
    I always agree to pay what ever they want to redeliver my parcel in cash, then when the driver comes to deliver, I tell him to fuck off with a pitbull standing next to me after I get my parcel and he tries to demand the cash off of me, it works surprisingly well.

DaLefty
    -------------------

We had a bull mastiff when I was a kid, the ballifs came once. ONCE.

>:D<
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509

And I bet he was like my pitbull, as hard as putty on a hot summers day, mines terrified of ducks and sheep, and the dumb fuck has been raised on a raw diet of lamb chops his whole life, but the idiot has snapped five or six collars since we've been in the U.K.  running away from sheep.  The local sheep farmer loves him though, and has given us permission to walk him through his fields whenever we want whether there are sheep in them or not, he has seen my dog bolt from his sheep though, so I suspect that has a lot to do with it.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Dalefty said:

And I bet he was like my pitbull, as hard as putty on a hot summers day, mines terrified of ducks and sheep, and the dumb fuck has been raised on a raw diet of lamb chops his whole life, but the idiot has snapped five or six collars since we've been in the U.K.  running away from sheep.  The local sheep farmer loves him though, and has given us permission to walk him through his fields whenever we want whether there are sheep in them or not, he has seen my dog bolt from his sheep though, so I suspect that has a lot to do with it.

DaLefty
    No he was an absolute bastard!

Ended up being shot with a dart over the fence after tearing into a vet who though he was Caesar Milan. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No he was an absolute bastard!

Ended up being shot with a dart over the fence after tearing into a vet who though he was Caesar Milan. 

I can't help laughing, but poor dog.

DaLefty
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3530
    It's illegal to have a pitbull in the UK, unless it's passed a temperament test and then it still needs to be tattooed w/ its ID number and wear a muzzle + lead in public at all times. Do you really have a pitbull in the UK? Also it's illegal to breed them, so I assume your signature is a joke.
    It's illegal to have a pitbull in the UK, unless it's passed a temperament test and then it still needs to be tattooed w/ its ID number and wear a muzzle + lead in public at all times. Do you really have a pitbull in the UK? Also it's illegal to breed them, so I assume your signature is a joke.
    Only one way to find out...
    edited March 2015
    Yes I do, he is now 3 years old, he's even papered - as in he has kenal club papers to prove he is a pedigree red nose american pitbull terrier, he has a passport, after all I did bring him out from Australia with me when the ex and I moved over here.  I did try and get insurance for him when we arrived in the U.K., but as you have pointed out he is on the 'naughty list' so I couldn't get him insured, but my local cops love him, they always stop us when we're out walking to have a mess about with him - I'm not stupid I know fine they are checking his temperament and making sure he is not dangerous or aggressive, as for wearing a muzzle and being tattooed, nope, he doesn't wear a muzzle my local cops are cool with that, and he's not tattooed - though I might consider getting him one that matches one of mine so we can be tattoo buddies.  He is microchipped though, and the details on the chip are all up to date with my U.K. contact details and phone number.  The most dangerous thing about my dog is his arse, when he farts, silent but violent is an understatment, forget rooms, he can clear buildings when he farts, that's the most dangerious thing about him.  And he's never off the lead in public, unless a cop lets him off the lead to play with, I don't let him off the lead in public.  I even bring him to work with me, and everyone loves and spoils him rotten, he goes everywhere with me.

I take it your scared of dogs, or just don't like them?

DaLefty
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Here are the rules concerning pit bull terriers https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/banned-dogs
    edited March 2015
    Here are the rules concerning pit bull terriers https://www.gov.uk/control-dog-public/banned-dogs
    Do you honestly think I care?  My local cops are fine with him, both my local MP and MSP are fine with him, that's all that matters.  Nobody stopped me bringing him into the U.K, they didn't even raise any eyebrows about it, in fact the ex and I only found out he was a banned breed when he was brought into the hospital to visit me, like I said he comes everywhere with me, even to work.  And since my six months stay in hospital he won't let me out of his sight, I can't even go for a piss with out him tagging along.

DaLefty
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Dalefty;567102" said:

Do you honestly think I care?
    No I don't.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And here's what they are capable of.

(I'm sure you have no idea yourself, being an actual pittbull owner). 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    Dalefty said:
     ..nope, he doesn't wear a muzzle my local cops are cool with that..
    Why the hell wouldn't you put a muzzle on him when he's out? Regardless of his temperament & what the cops think is cool, it just takes an innocuous incident, like a kid pulling his tail, to startle the dog & lead him to retaliate. I'm sure you're aware he could cause serious injury? 

It would also mean the poor dog would get put down.

It's stupid, irresponsible behaviour on your part. & easily avoided - put a muzzle on him when he's out!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    breadfan said:
    Dalefty said:
    Why the hell wouldn't you put a muzzle on him when he's out? Regardless of his temperament & what the cops think is cool, it just takes an innocuous incident, like a kid pulling his tail, to startle the dog & lead him to retaliate. I'm sure you're aware he could cause serious injury? 

It's stupid, irresponsible behaviour on your part. & easily avoided - put a muzzle on him when he's out!
    If my pet turtle bit a kid it would be put down.

Stop preaching. He's painted a pretty full picture of the dog's character. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    breadfan said:
    Dalefty said:

Your pet turtle is a little less likely to cause serious damage, though, isn't he?

breadfan said:

For a start I purposely pull on his tail, ears, paws and so forth so he is used to it, if a stranger was to walk up behind him and drag him backwards by his tail, it wouldn't bother him, I do that to him, so he is not only used to it - pitbulls have incredible pain tolerance, but he considers it a positive form of attention, it's called raising a dog correctly, he is my second APB after all, and I managed to raise the first one I had before him without it killing a single child, chasing a mailman or even barking at the door, yet alone biting anybody, my current pitbull wouldn't even get of the sofa forget barking - they are not a breed that bark, if a stranger was to try and kick my front door in.

If pitbulls are such aggressive dogs why is it that the police and militaries world wide don't use them? They all use German Sherpards or crosses of them, in fact if you bother to look at the breed standard on the kenal clubs website, they specifically say that they make rubbish guard dogs because they are too people friendly, they are known as nanny dogs for a reason.

And I think I know my dog's temperament and how he would react to situations far better than you, after all he is my best friend, and I have owned him since he was eight weeks old and raised him, christ his head is on my lap right now, and my girlfriend has his dangerous end on her lap - his arse.

He is not a status symbol for me, he's a dog I can play with without worrying about acidently hurting due to my size, I am over six foot tall, he's not trained to be a guard dog, nor for protection, he trained to keep toes warm and give cuddles, he's a professional toe warmer who gets paid in kibble and treats.

DaLefty
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    The vicious beast

DaLefty
    1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That's a cute pooch.
    edited March 2015
    That's a cute pooch.
    That's the problem, the little bastard knows he's cute.

DaLefty
  • speshul91speshul91 Frets: 1397
    it's a bit like when my old probation officer said my rhodesian ridgeback cross would be vicious, and she is,lick you to death she will.
    Gorgeous dog btw
    breadfan said:

Your pet turtle is a little less likely to cause serious damage, though, isn't he?
    Watch it pal!