Take away delivery driving

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=13426890&JobTitle=Seasonal+Mobile+Cattery+Staff+Wanted

Looks interesting. But references could be a problem.

Cheers for the link @lloyd, filling out an application.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    No worries mate.

Also Re: References....I qalked out on virtually every job I had in my early 20's-I was a useless stoner and moved around, travelled etc...so references were difficult to get and my work history was pretty chequered....

I think you're allowed to (little white) lie on CV's and about references, you're just not allowed to get caught! If they find out before you get a job you've lost nothing really....Ok it could get tricky after getting a job but in my experience going for some jobs these things aren't checked rigorously and if you're in and a good worker no-one's gonna be sacking you over stretching out your job history or having a mate be a blagged reference...

One way an enterprising young chap might do this is to put a Mr xxxxx down as a reference having worked at a place which is no longer in business for example....Not that I ever did anything like that.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1793
    @holnrew ;for the last few years I've been involved in recruiting engineering graduates and we always have big question marks over applicants without any work experience. Even if its in a different engineering field its worth having as you can then say at interview that you're applying for the job because you've tried other things and they weren't for you. Even if its just a couple of weeks of unpaid work it would be worth having.

Most universities have people there to help you get summer jobs - your own department should have some contacts for getting placements, or the uni careers service normally have a list of jobs available for people from any course. Have you checked with them what's available?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I haven't yet. Like I say it's not my biggest priority right now. I'll pop in and see them after Easter.
    My V key is broken
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    holnrew said:
    Bar work would be good, except for being socially retarded. And I have problems hearing in noisy places. Gardening, I don't want to turn into Sambostar...

Snob.  I am not a gardener anyway.  I did 4 years at college and another one on a masters.  So I am an intellectual actually.

Why don't you buy a gun?  Be cheaper than a car and each hit would probably pay much better than Domino's.

;)
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    What about stock replenishment at a local big supermarket? It's nightwork so pays quite well
  • DaleftyDalefty Frets: 509
    I still say put a ad up in your local paper as a rent boy, even get yourself some busines cards printed.

DaLefty
    Both dog and owner available for stud, please contact DaLefty if interested