Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

We got any gamblers in the house?

What's Hot

Comments

• SteffoSteffo Frets: 572
    Forget gambling, the only winner long term is the house. I refuse to even try as I have a bit of an addictive personality. And I have GAS already....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6936
    edited November 2015
    Deijavoo;866940" said:
    Not sure if anyone is interested anymore but I'm still doing this and making between £200-£300 a month.

The initial period is great though, you make quite a bit more. Since the start of this thread I'm up about £2500ish. Probably only take about 5 years to recoup my old losses. :-)
    I'm interested! @deijavoo

I've looked into this before but never really trusted the sources of info.

Not expecting you to show me the ropes - but if you could direct me to some good reading material that started you off I'd be grateful.

Well done by the way!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    PM'd. :-)
  • I used to play in a weekly poker game, not big stakes but I saved up the winnings over a couple of years and bought a couple of guitars and an amp which got me back into music after I'd not played guitar for a while. Don't do it so much anymore, the occasional micro stakes game online, and occasionally have a flutter on blackjack, the horses or football
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1328
    I'm curious, not saying it's something I'd do but I'm curious as to how a system such as this can exist in today's information technology era.
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited November 2015
    I do £2 every Saturday on the footy results, usually by doing a 4 part accumulator. My £2 would have turned into £13 this week if Arsenal hadn't lost to WBA, the bunch of clowns.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Very occasionally have a sports punt, but only fun amounts. The last office I was in used to run poker nights for hedge fund managers and such like. The boss was a genuine maths freak (He could divide a randomly generated 5 figure number by a 3 figure one in under 10 seconds every time, to about 4 decimal places). He used to clean he rest of them out and walk home with 100,000 plus after every game. His strategy involved maths and alcohol (He was 6,6 and 18 stone, so could hold a lot of drink). After seeing some very smart guys utterly cleared out I decided it was best leaving it to people who are really good at it. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2015
    Massive thanks to @deijavoo I'm about £150 up since starting matched betting last Sunday evening. I've been taking it slowly as well.

The concept of match betting is not new to me. But I've been wary about trying it in the past....

However someone I trust offered feedback and a leg up - that was the trigger for me to actually knuckle down and give it a go.

It does take a little bit of understanding but there are resources and videos to help complete newbies.
    Shucks. Cheers dude. If anyone else fancies trying it out give me a shout.

Could be a nice kickstart to the classifieds section! 
  • Admin note - careful here, gents. By all means talk about your experience with it, but please don't start recommending it to others as "Hey, this gambling system really works!".

Oh, and leave the details to PMs, please (or, even better, discuss it off-site).
    <space for hire>
    Fair enough. That's why any advice I have given has been via pm or on the phone and for anyone else wanting to look into this I'm happy to help.

Still, point taken. Maybe worth deleting this thread or locking it if you're worried. 
    @digitalscream I've edited my post please feel free to edit further or delete as appropriate.
  • I'm not going to start taking a knife to anything so far, guys :)

We just don't want this to turn into a gambling recommendation - I appreciate that this style of betting is just straight maths, but it can be incredibly costly if you make a mistake...and that's the sort of thing that can cause all sorts of trouble.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Wisdom.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    There is one universal truth in life:

"If something looks to good to be true, then it is too good to be true"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Excuse me?

I'm not being called a liar.

Matched betting has worked for me, I'm making monthly income from it and I thought others might fancy it. 3 other guys from here are making money from it too now.

My apologies that this was the wrong thing to do, but let's leave it there yeah. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    Indeed you are not being called a liar.

Not sure what you are taking offense to.
  • Gambling's for fools but that's the way I like it baby,  I don't wanna live for ever,
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 176
    If anyone wants a winner I'm your man, I  had Princess Roxy 14-1 Saturday and a nice bet today on
    Dashel Drasher which I backed at 25-1 returned 14-1 if I fancy any more i may put them on here
    after I back them .I don't mind uploading a copy of my slip pre-race,my bets are sparse however as
    I don't  back unless the odds are are in my favour.