SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: USA Custom Shop Fender Strat (Custom Deluxe) - Mint £1500 SOLD

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 705
    Zodiac51 said:

oh, shame it's sold, this thread has been the funniest thing for quite a while. Gotta say that @SquireJapan 's consistent humour under pressure has been a pleasure.

I just wish you had kept it and scalloped it, maybe stuck some EMG's in too, on that basis, I'm hoping the sale falls through  :))

I'm going to get something with scallops ... one day, one day!

To be fair, I am already getting Feline to put EMGs in a PRS ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24806
    SquireJapan;631930" said:
    To be fair, I am already getting Feline to put EMGs in a PRS ...
    While at least that's kinder than getting PRS to put a feline inside an EMG....
    edited May 2015
    richardhomer;631945" said:
    [quote="SquireJapan;631930"]To be fair, I am already getting Feline to put EMGs in a PRS ...
    While at least that's kinder than getting PRS to put a feline inside an EMG....
    [/quote]

Or a an EMG inside a feline - it does sterilize them aparently, which is a bonus (at the risk of making them sound compressed).

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Sold (well, traded) pending completion. 

Looks like this gets another stay of execution ...

EDIT:

Just after sorting this, I heard back from Fender - they've very kindly sent me the "Custom Shop Floor Traveler" pdf for the guitar, which does state that it did have a roller nut and S1 switching (model names is down as "CSTM DLX STRAT MN "V") - 2TSB". I didn't realise that the pickups were Area 58s and a 61 in the bridge, I was going to put one of those in with an injector ... it's all academic now though!

Yay! New guitar (fingers crossed)

Glad you got it sorted and identified it.

Still don't know what the hell it is though
    Strange isn't it?

Do you know when you were looking if those pickups would have been standard for that model? The don't sound like they would be. Everything else matches up btw, including the chrome hardware and aged knobs ...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Strange isn't it?

Do you know when you were looking if those pickups would have been standard for that model? The don't sound like they would be. Everything else matches up btw, including the chrome hardware and aged knobs ...
    Yeah but hey, it's something more unique than my bog-standard one! 

Here is the detailed spec for the Custom Deluxe, this is the 2009, the only thing that changed for 2010 was a few of the solid custom colours. Pickups were '69's neck and middle, and Texas Special bridge.