Hey dude, is that guitar/amp/pedal still for sale? I'm really interested....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    There are other types too. Those who don't bother to leave a bit of positive feedback for you even when you've done it for them. Even when you've been a good egg and very accommodating with them. They must be very busy people.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846

With so many others saying the same thing I'm wondering if it's a gumtree ploy trying to drum up non existent interest.

surely there cant be that many numpties about! or am I being naïve!

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    I find it goes on everywhere to be honest, including here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    Maybe I'm just doing it all wrong but I don't contact sellers unless I'm deadly serious about buying.

Drives me mental when people mess you around. I literally gave away a bed frame on Gumtree last year. Five different people arranged to come collect it and then just didn't show up. Some of them even had the cheek to message me the next day---after standing me up---to try to rearrange without so much as an apology. I'm a pretty placid guy but it's hard not to tell these idiots to go fuck themselves.

Often in the past as a buyer I've inconvenienced myself to make life easier for the seller. Maybe I'm just a mug.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited May 2015
    I run a webshop, and my rule of thumb is the more questions a person asks, the less likely they are to buy anything and more likely they are to just tit about, waste your time, and tell you 'Ill get one when I get paid', whereas the people who are going to spend money just do it without dicking about - I like those people best
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I find it quite funny when people newly advertise as 'guitar - must go', but include no details apart from brand.

You ask the model, and nothing comes back? It's a strange world.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    hotpot said:

With so many others saying the same thing I'm wondering if it's a gumtree ploy trying to drum up non existent interest.

surely there cant be that many numpties about! or am I being naïve!

I've had the same thought, as it does seem to happen more on Gumtree, but I've had some right ones on Preloved. Agreed a price, then disappeared, only to pop up later and ask my best price...
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    rlw said:
    I've had five responses for my Fender Deluxe - is is still availaable?

To each one I have said yes and call or text me on the given number for more info.

Further replies. None......

Inevitably, that's someone who has a similar item to sell and wants to know if yours sold at the price advertised. They're testing the market. Its a pain in the neck, but unless you know in advance of their actions, you have to play the long game.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4782
    Bogwhoppit;637040" said:
    rlw said:

To each one I have said yes and call or text me on the given number for more info.

Inevitably, that's someone who has a similar item to sell and wants to know if yours sold at the price advertised. They're testing the market. Its a pain in the neck, but unless you know in advance of their actions, you have to play the long game.
    A ten year solid state Fender for £80?
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    I've had another one enquire about an acoustic I have for sale on gumtree over the weekend, as before, is it still for sale yada yada then no follow up. there are two more emails in my inbox from gumtree & I cant be arsed to reply to them.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16297
    People are very strange.........
    My friend recently sold a £2300 boutique amp............the buyer was young and polite,they never asked a single question about it nor did they want to hear it .....they were very uncommunicative ,arranged a meeting 5 days hence at train station closest to my friends house having never seen it in the flesh ........they never returned my friends phone call on the said morning -he nearly didn't bother to keep the meeting but lugged the amp down there with zero expectation of meeting anybody .....there waiting were 2 very young people ( late teens,well spoken and well educated ) they paid the money in cash in full,gave him £10petrol money at their insistence for taking the trouble to drive to the station,thanked him and went on their way quietly with a new amp ...........
    simple as that...............
    A week later they phoned him to say how wonderful the amp was and thanking him for selling to them and sent a box of chocolates in the post
    WHY DONT I EVER COME ACROSS PEOPLE LIKE THIS !
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NamaquaNamaqua Frets: 62
    rlw said:

rlw, I've actually contacted you several times about my LP for sale as you did ask me, no reply yet.
    I've had that one ages darling
    edited May 2015

Namaqua said:
    rlw said:

rlw, I've actually contacted you several times about my LP for sale as you did ask me, no reply yet.
    Aha.  Just checked the pms and there is only one from you asking if I got the one you sent yesterday, which I didn't.  Sorry about that.

And I just saw your response in your for sale thread too.  I genuinely believed that as I had made such a paltry offer that you were ignoring me:-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And some sellers are just as bad.  On Preloved there is the exact guitar I wanted at a very good price.  New advert only three hours old.  I reply and get a response some four hours later.   I reply immediately saying I'm very interested and lets talk about a trip to see it.  Nothing.  I wait four hours.  Still nothing.   I just ordered one from Thomann.

• GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    Yeah, had the same bullshit on Gumtree a few times recently. The latest one is 'I really want to buy your amp, but I won't get paid until the end of June, so if you've still got it then....'
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
    This has got to be some sort of ploy! surely there cant be this many knobheads across the country. I've had three weeks of this & lost  count of the number of enquires & no follow up. infact there's three emails in my inbox from gumtree members & I've deleted them & taken my ads off. it's a complete joke.