BB King RIP

What's Hot

Comments

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    So i wonder how long it'll take for someone to post here that they dont rate him and he couldnt play?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3027
    sad news

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    RIP BB.

True legend for many reason.
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 1109
    He leaves me with great memories and some wonderful music. RIP
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6464
    A legend, and a trouper.  This is the day The Music died. :(
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    A wonderful person who influenced more people than we'll ever know.  RIP BB.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    RIP BB King.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    Samgb said:
    Really sad news. Massive influence on pretty much every blues player since the 60s. So many of his licks are part of the rock and roll vocabulary. Lovely sound, lovely vibrato. Always seemed a genuine, humble, warm guy as well.
    He was a direct or indirect influence on *every* blues and rock player. He was the first known player to use sideways vibrato - although was characteristically modest about it. It's almost hard to realise that such a basic part of everyone's technique was invented by someone - he was probably the last living player who that's really true of. One of the true greats.

RIP :(.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Legend is a word that gets bandied about far too often when famous people leave us - but in this case, BB King was a truly legendary player and man.

RIP.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 719
    One of my favourite BB King videos.

• SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    ICBM said:
    Samgb said:
    Really sad news. Massive influence on pretty much every blues player since the 60s. So many of his licks are part of the rock and roll vocabulary. Lovely sound, lovely vibrato. Always seemed a genuine, humble, warm guy as well.
    He was a direct or indirect influence on *every* blues and rock player. He was the first known player to use sideways vibrato - although was characteristically modest about it. It's almost hard to realise that such a basic part of everyone's technique was invented by someone - he was probably the last living player who that's really true of. One of the true greats.

RIP :(.
    His vibrato was so utterly unique as well in that he varied it so much. I cant think of many people who do that. It could be fast at times on his uptempo stuff but he really had great timing so you never got that awful trilling warble that you get on a lot of the late 60s white guys that he influenced. All those West Coast Psychedelic bands whose music i love but almost to a man the guitarists have terrible vibrato! 
    And he had some of the Best Guitar Faces Ever. Bar none. Happy Face, Trying to Squeeze a Dump Out Face, Vinegar Strokes Face, Just Woken  Up and Realised Its Saturday Face. All in the locker  
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10073
    RIP BB. Saw him a couple of times in my younger days - superb singer, player and showman, and by all accounts a thoroughly nice guy. By coincidence I just happen to have Riding With The King playing at this very moment - instantly recognisable voice and guitar licks. Will be sadly missed.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    oh wow...that is very sad. such a great musician and he leaves a great legacy behind.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Thing is along with his guitar playing he also had a fucking amazing voice, cool fucking guy.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Sad day for the Blues.........One of the last true bluesmen

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5149
    :(
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4245
    More than just a guitarist!
    Very sad.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Sad news indeed. RIP BB.

(but 15 children and 50 grandchildren...that's a pretty good tally)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318

(but 15 children and 50 grandchildren...that's a pretty good tally)
    Randy bugger.

RIP.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1052
    r.i.p mr king   :(
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90