Duesenbergs

What's Hot

Comments

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Quite like the look of a double agent....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    FWIW, i think Reverends are hyped. I've owned a Warhawk 390 for 7-8 years. Was really looking forward to getting it and to be honest was a bit diappointed. The stock P90s are fairly poor and immediately replaced them with BKs. The build quality is ok, but no better than my SE One. I spent a bit of last Saturday morning trying out a range of Reverends at Merchant City Music in glasgow and this confirmed my assessmsnet off them. For me, the bass contour is Reverends best feature.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Don't own, but yep. They seem all kinds of awesome!

/\ BEWARE!! The Snakeskin comes as HI GLOSS not satin...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    and and and - Bill Nelson plays one currently...

, Bill been playing one for over a decade now as he used it on the "Be Bop Deluxe" and beyond tour in 2004, but only for "Maid in Heaven" IIRC

/\ AND THAT IS WHY you should own one too!!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    /\ AND THAT IS WHY you should own one too!!

v Never actually played a Duesenberg, but got my '92 Berlin Pro autographed by Sir Bill at Nelsonica 2010
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3399
    Its also well known that all the sig and top pro players are given guitars. Free is good right? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Now @lustycourtier, none of your reality stuff please! You're bursting the bubble! We don't need to mention the player-prostitutes out there who will put their name on anything for the publicity and cash ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1571
    Here's one sounding fine!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Chalky;637857" said:
    Now @lustycourtier, none of your reality stuff please! You're bursting the bubble! We don't need to mention the player-prostitutes out there who will put their name on anything for the publicity and cash ;)
    I love them, I really do. What frustrates me is they never go for auction on eBay, mostly BIN, so we rarely see a market price used.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12462
    Here's one sounding fine!

Darryl's place looks a bit of a shithole, who'd want to live there?
    "OUR TOSSPOT"

• "OK - I have the definitive answer re whether or not Duesenberg Guitars are made in Korea or not. Duesenberg Guitars are 100% made in Hannover, Germany. The origins of the Korea rumour started 7-8 years ago when a guitarist mag MISTAKENLY printed a review saying that Duesenberg Guitars were made in Korea & assembled in Germany. This was incorrect. However, there are still several forums (including up until recently one on Thomanns web site!) that still mention this incorrect statement. I'm am hopeful that Duesenberg will shortly release some factory footage from Hannover that will finally put these rumours to bed."
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited May 2015
    So why doesn't the Duesenberg website make a big thing of this?

I have it on good authority that they are made in the same Korean factory as Italia guitars.

In fact, over the years, the company has played down the German thing.

December 2007

"Exclusively our own designed parts - specially made for Duesenberg in various leading countries in the field of guitar building - are processed. Assembling and controlling is done in our Hannover factory, which makes Duesenberg a German top product for demanding players. "

Jan 2013

"Components of our instruments are manufactured by leading industry companies around the world but we don’t outsource the assembly, the conditioning with the PLEK-machine or the final setup. That’s still done at our Duesenberg headquarters in Hannover by qualified luthiers. That’s why we can guarantee the uncompromising quality of our instruments and fully stand behind our motto: “Serious guitars for serious players”."

I await the factory footage with interest!
    nope. They wouldve cleared this up years ago if they couldve.
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    edited May 2015
    From the Duesenberg website

'Components of our instruments are manufactured by leading industry companies around the world but we don't outsource the assembly, the conditioning with the PLEK-machine or the final setup.  That's still done at our Duesenberg headquarters in Hannover by qualified luthiers.'

With this in mind, the only thing we can say for certain is that they are assembled and set up in Germany.  

If they were made in Germany as Lee Anderton states, then they would make it 100% clear on their website, I mean, why wouldn't they? German engineering is respected the world over, why would they not want to shout as loud as they can that their products are made in Germany?

Fender used outsourced parts on their USA guitars yet still make a big deal that they are 'Made in USA' instruments.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Many years I was told this: The German factory does not receive any deliveries of raw wood or metal. It receives deliveries of prefabricated parts that it assembles and finishes. That's not quite the same as the Gibson/Fender factory videos, is it?
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11554
    To be honest, with most of the big manufacturers making their parts on CNC machinery, it's the final assembly, finishing and QC that are more important. 

I played an absolutely stunning Duesenberg a few years ago, and a bit later I tried a few others because I was seriously thinking about buying one but none of them really grabbed me.  I ended up with a Gretsch instead.  Between my 339 and my Gretsch I can cover pretty much all the ground that the Duesenberg would cover.  Admittedly the Gretsch was a lot more than a Duesenberg though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom