• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11725
    This feels weird.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
    Didn't see that coming!
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader
    Mark @guitars4you were you there today? Or you going Friday/Saturday. Enjoy it anyway.

The most dominant day of test cricket I can remember since the Ashes in 2010 when we bowled AUS out for 90 odd and ended up 150 odd for no wicket. 

For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15429
    tFB Trader
    Mark @guitars4you were you there today? Or you going Friday/Saturday. Enjoy it anyway.

The most dominant day of test cricket I can remember since the Ashes in 2010 when we bowled AUS out for 90 odd and ended up 150 odd for no wicket. 

Yes I was there - Surprised they decided to bat first - Overhead clouds + some breeze at first  - So a great day out - After the 4th wicket went down straight after lunch I joke that I would not object to us losing 1 wicket before tea - But never expected them to be all out so early

Ashes 2010 - was that Trent Bridge + Broad on fire 1st innings - Then Shane scaring us near the end 
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 430
    tFB Trader

Yes I was there - Surprised they decided to bat first - Overhead clouds + some breeze at first  - So a great day out - After the 4th wicket went down straight after lunch I joke that I would not object to us losing 1 wicket before tea - But never expected them to be all out so early

Ashes 2010 - was that Trent Bridge + Broad on fire 1st innings - Then Shane scaring us near the end 
    Nope it was MCG Boxing Day - the Aussie fans turned up dressed as plastic seats for day 2 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 179

Very envious. Must’ve been a great day. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11679
    I do like watching Root bat. 
    tFB Trader
    pedalo said:

luck of the draw isn't it - Can get no play, some play, boring play or a great day - Somewhat ironic in that it was exactly 2 years to the day of the Ben Stokes innings - I was there for the 1st day, again on a Wed and something like 9 Aussie wickets went down on a somewhat stop/start drizzle/light rain day - So yes a great day to remember
    pedalo said:

luck of the draw isn't it - Can get no play, some play, boring play or a great day - Somewhat ironic in that it was exactly 2 years to the day of the Ben Stokes innings - I was there for the 1st day, again on a Wed and something like 9 Aussie wickets went down on a somewhat stop/start drizzle/light rain day - So yes a great day to remember
    Indeed. I was there for the Stokes day sat in the Kemper stand so I can’t really complain at all about another day of cricket that I do or don’t attend ever again! 
    Great ton for Root, he's in one hell of a stretch of form. 
    tFB Trader
    Ton on your home turf is special - Malan as an adopted Yorkshire lad did well, so lets hope Bairstow can join the party
    tFB Trader
    pedalo said:
    pedalo said:

Indeed. I was there for the Stokes day sat in the Kemper stand so I can’t really complain at all about another day of cricket that I do or don’t attend ever again! 
    You'll probably never ever match that again - But you can still have many other great days in some form or another 

One of my mates, who I went with yesterday is there again today with his son - So he'll be happy with a ton for Root on his turf
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    How often do you put yourself in to bat first - Then find out you are over 250 runs behind only a touch over 24 hours later 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
    But English cricket must be healthy. Otherwise senior ECB bods wouldn't be troughing it, surely...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    What a catch by Bairstow!!! 
    tFB Trader
    scrumhalf said:
    just seen it on the BBC site - wrong hand as well (assume he is right handed) - Stunning

Think this 2nd Indian innings will be a long slow grind and ditto for us taking wickets - They may well get 300-400 but it will be a few sessions
    I wish people would stop singing that stupid don’t take me home chant. Completely had enough of it this summer. 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23192
    scrumhalf said:
    Irony is he'd probably have dropped it had he been wearing gloves. 

Well I might buy myself a day 5 ticket at this rate!
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11725
    pedalo said:
    Well I might buy myself a day 5 ticket at this rate!

If it goes to day 5 it could get a bit squeaky bum time.