PRS s/h Prices?

What's Hot

Comments

• SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 667
    I've had a couple with 57/08 pickups and they very good. I currently have a 25th Anniversary Mira with P90's which is really nice, plus if you can find one they tend to go really cheap. I payed £650 for mine which is a bargain considering the retail price in 2010 would've been around £1599.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sunshinewellysunshinewelly Frets: 731
    Prices for them do seem to be in free fall. I noticed that world guitars are still trying to sell the prs limited trem I part exchanged with them for my fender master built. It's now being sold for less than the part exchange value they gave me.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Prices for them do seem to be in free fall. I noticed that world guitars are still trying to sell the prs limited trem I part exchanged with them for my fender master built. It's now being sold for less than the part exchange value they gave me.
    You did get a very good price from him though :)

I notice they still have the black special that RaymondLin used to own, for a lot more than I would expect and a used tremonti identical to mine for more than I paid new a couple of years ago so WG must think there is still money to be made.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    57Deluxe said:
    anyone got the P90 McCarty?
    Yes, Have a McCarty Soapbar Standard (hog body, no maple cap) and it is simply fantastic, great build quality, versatile with tones that go from a strong single coil bite, close to h/bucking (tone at c 6) and a host of others.  Very very responsive guitar.  Defy anyone to say it lacks character.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    mrchi said:
    @thomasross20 shame you live so far away, I'll get some recording s done tho if you like.
    That would be awesome!
    Unfortunately most demos I hear don't do clean all pickup positions then distorted all pickup positions. 
    Do you have other pup PRS to compare against?
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Unfortunately not @thomasross20 I'm a one electric kind a guy these days, I really do wish I kept my Swamp ash Special tho :-( or my 91 CE22 :-(
    No problem. 
    Well how about this... you do the new pups you've got... all pickup positions clean and distorted, single notes and chords... 
    And I'll do the same for my 57/08s and then 59/09s? 
    I wont get around to it for about a week, though...
    Deal
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2179
    edited May 2015
    I was going to say the used prs prices, for core models are pretty steep at world guitars. I mean he is running a business. I tried out a dgt which was more beaten up than mine. Granted this had a curled ten top, but it was £500 more than I had paid for mine.
    Still it's sold so perhaps I got a bargain? I still think about selling my sg and buying another prs.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5520
    On the flip side Jeff @ WG pays well for trade ins - so the guys on the other side of the fence are thrilled!
    edited May 2015
    mrchi said:
    Deal
    Great! Give me a week or so - hopefully I can get it done on Saturday/Sunday. 
    I'll do sound clips only as my audio recorder is decent. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5114
    Whitecat said:
    On the flip side Jeff @ WG pays well for trade ins - so the guys on the other side of the fence are thrilled!
    Presumably he only pays well on trade-ins because he's got a decent profit to play with on what your buying from him.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3704
    Whitecat said:
    Presumably he only pays well on trade-ins because he's got a decent profit to play with on what your buying from him.
    Like a car dealer who gives you a really good trade in price if you pay the screen price.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 724
    I think this is a good sign for PRS ... this will get them into the hands of the great unwashed. Given I paid a grand for a near mint CU24 10 top (I was looking for 6 months mind), it's realistically in the ballpark for young but serious guitarists.

PRS is now deeper into the echosystem, not a million miles away from the Fenders and Gibsons.

We've got a near perfect combination of:
    1. High quality guitar
    2. Attainable price wise (used)
    3. Uncool and associated with dentists

I love the fact they're uncool, im not a hipster but def consider my self a non crowd follower.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 854
    jeztone2 said:
     I'd avoid the Winged tuners. But you won't get them on a singlecut.
    Reason?  Have them on both my PRSs and never had any issue with them personally - but Id like to know what - if any - the issues are.

Are they easy to swop for the latest versions?  thought about it, but never seriously.

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23718
    jeztone2 said:
     I'd avoid the Winged tuners. But you won't get them on a singlecut.
    Reason?  Have them on both my PRSs and never had any issue with them personally - but Id like to know what - if any - the issues are.

Are they easy to swop for the latest versions?  thought about it, but never seriously.

I don't think the current "Phase III" tuners are a direct replacement, but the previous generation "Phase II" tuners would work fine, although you'd have to drill new holes for the fixing screws on the back of the headstock.

PRS replacement parts are hellishly expensive, though.

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    Philly_Q;648127" said:

PRS replacement parts are hellishly expensive, though.
    Wisdom. PRS parts are an absolute rip off. I fancied some lampshade knobs for my ce but they're charging £24 for 2 it's even worse when you get into replacement bridges, tuners etc
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5520
    fretfinder;647427" said:
    Whitecat said:

I don't believe that's always the case. Sometimes, sure, but he did a superb deal with me that involved a guitar he was selling on consignment. Sometimes it's going to be about how fast he thinks he can liquidate what you're trading in I suspect...
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    I'm unconvinced by the Sterile thing. Porcupine Tree, Opeth, 90's Rush albums? Non of those sound sterile to my ears. It's all taste. It's taken me a while to bond with my CU22 but through the Blackstar A30, it's sounds massive!