• stedsted Frets: 259
    You're a genius. But also a knob! :-D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7353
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4388
    C'mon man. Don't be shy

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    If I reply to this, it means I love 1D? Ha! I'm not falling for tha... Aw shit!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73077
    Love is a bit strong, but I do quite like them :).

I didn't think I did originally, but my youngest daughter is a big fan so I got her the albums. In the spirit of open-mindedness, I gave them a listen - and actually they're not at all bad really, for commercial pop aimed at under-teens. The last one "Four" (as in their fourth album, but unintentionally prophetic perhaps…) particularly.

They're reasonably well-written, very well performed and produced, and the boys seem likeable enough from what I've seen. They're certainly no 'today's Beatles', but possibly comparable to today's Monkees.

Sorry for the serious answer ;).

It could be worse, she could have been into Justin Beeber… she can't stand him, fortunately. I must have done something right!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    @ICBM of all the people, I didn't expect to respond!

PS - I got an Allen key stuck in the truss rod. I am once again resigned to not servicing my own guitars.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 467
    My daughter has tickets for next Saturday, excited is not the word...

Less excited is the missus who has the dubious pleasure of accompanying said daughter :-D

• timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'd rather listen to 1D than listen to blues.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24866
    I'd certainly prefer to listen to 1D than Led Zeppelin....
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Taylor swift over one d any day. Soz.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Branshen said:
    Taylor swift over one d any day.
    She's getting better too. Her current single (Style) is really good, I didn't actually realise it was her at first - I thought it was Lorde. I'm not massively keen on her when she tries to be too 'with it' though - a bit too affected and cheesy. 1D don't do that, they're more straightforward.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3860
    I'd certainly prefer to listen to 1D than Led Zeppelin....
    Are you a musician?
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    edited May 2015
    I love how the gusset-moistening teenage girls are referred to as "music fans": One Erection perform at the Millennium Stadium

I'm going to see the Manics myself, and luckily I live near enough to not need to go by train. 
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    To be honest, I don't think there's any direction I love over the others. I guess the first 8 are probably my favourites, the ones after that can be a bit fiddly.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Branshen said:
    Taylor swift over one d any day. Soz.
    She's an angel...

*heart flutters* 
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM;652382" said:
    [quote=Branshen]Taylor swift over one d any day.
    She's getting better too. Her current single (Style) is really good, I didn't actually realise it was her at first - I thought it was Lorde. I'm not massively keen on her when she tries to be too 'with it' though - a bit too affected and cheesy. 1D don't do that, they're more straightforward.

[/quote]

You're so behind @ICBM ! The latest single is Bad Blood, another great pop track.

I saw Taylor at the R1 big weekend last week, she was pretty good, not too much backing track on the lead vocal which is more than I can say for Rita Ora!

ICBM;652382" said:
    [quote=Branshen]Taylor swift over one d any day.

[/quote]

You're so behind @ICBM ! The latest single is Bad Blood, another great pop track.

I saw Taylor at the R1 big weekend last week, she was pretty good, not too much backing track on the lead vocal which is more than I can say for Rita Ora!

• ChiliwailerChiliwailer Frets: 112
    For sure. I love turning left the most....
    timmysoft said:

Oops, showing my age...

:D

I have actually found that having young kids and encouraging them to develop their own music taste for themselves has been great - and listening to what they like properly - it made me realise how narrow-minded most people become once they start thinking of music as 'cool' and 'not cool'. I genuinely think the standard of mainstream pop music is higher today than it's been at any time since the 60s, before 'pop' became 'uncool'.

To be fair I was always a bit uncool, I never stopped liking ABBA and other stuff from my 70s childhood even when they were out of fashion.

:)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom