Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    Just watched it - pretty impressed! They're certainly not hanging around....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12514
    Very good start to the new series. I’ll be disappointed when it all ends. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12101
    Can we play at mad predictions?

My latest one is that Dany is killed and becomes the night queen, and Jon Snow has to kill here and be the King of the living
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    Lena Headey gives Cersei has such an incredibly sexy way about her in this first episode, her quietly confident restrained manner is tantalising.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

My latest one is that Dany is killed and becomes the night queen, and Jon Snow has to kill here and be the King of the living
    All the main exponents die except Jaime Lannister and Brianne of Tarth. They get married and retire to start a holiday camp in the Summer Isles. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12586
    It's setting up that Danaerys is ruthless and Jon is not, I think he is dead meat and her, cersei or Sansa end up with the throne as they will do what it takes. 
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2178

Wow haven't even considered that. I think most of  big players will be killed off. We did a deadpool at my last work place. I put sansa on the throne, killed jon and dany and i think varys is employed by cerys. 
    But cersys being the ice queen is good, that would explain why she doesn't care about the white walkers coming.

You can also picture her saying to the night king "i have no family left in the land of the living. The only thing I've ever wanted is rule absolute".
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    Well that was rather jolly.  Once I got fucking Now TV to actually work at about 11 pm.

Anyone considered what's going to happen when the Night King hits Winterfell and starts resurrecting all the entombed Stark lords and ladies?  Everyone running round being chased by headless Ned zombie...  Or will they wise up and stick dragonglass through their hearts like Uncle Ben?

I need to lie down.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3215
    tFB Trader
    Jon Snow decides to buy a Range Rover on 0% finance, with a 50% deposit borrowed from the Iron Bank
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4694
    Mad predictions? the Night King was once a Targeryn, look at the symbolic way Lord Umber was left ? look like the Targeryn sigil at all ? how can he ride a dragon? hhhmmm 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6271

I thought the opener was OK, not amazing, but OK. It felt a bit filler to me, scene setting. Sort of, right, such a body needs to meet them, then they need to say hello, then they need to look a bit unhappy etc. It was alright, not brilliant. Certainly not one of the best GoT episodes IMO.

I think the Bron story is looking good.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Mad predictions? the Night King was once a Targeryn, look at the symbolic way Lord Umber was left ? look like the Targeryn sigil at all ? how can he ride a dragon? hhhmmm 
    Oooh like that..... very good theory. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    Mad predictions? Scooby, Shaggy, Fred the gang catch the Night King and pull his mask off as he says "if it hadn't been for those meddling kids I'd have gotten away with it" Zoinks!

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2451
    Mad predictions? Scooby, Shaggy, Fred the gang catch the Night King and pull his mask off as he says "if it hadn't been for those meddling kids I'd have gotten away with it" Zoinks!
    And it was Ned Stark all along!
    boogieman said:

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    I reckon if it was intentional it would've been more similar.  The arm-mosiac was just a symmetrical swirly pattern.

My money's still on Night King = Bran, somehow. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2019
    Fair Enough @stickyfiddle ;;
    it just occurred to me as it watched it last night that Lord Umber looked familiar 

maybe just read to much into it, but he IS riding a dragon, which only those of Targareyn blood are supposed to be able to do? 
    boogieman said:

So if he is Targeryan, is he going to help put Daenerys or Jon on the throne? Or just lay waste to everything? So many possibilities. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    Body count will be high whatever the outcome ! ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8502
    I'm struggling to imagine how the conclusion could live up to the immense complexity and scope of the rest of the story - the thing that made the earlier books so fantastic, and the characters so compelling, is that they're all struggling to survive and thrive in a real, ongoing world filled with shades of grey, good and bad luck, strong and weak characters. Largely it's not about goodies and baddies.

Wrapping up a world into a neat "beginning, middle & end" storytelling format kind of goes against the natural order of the world as a messy place with loose ends. But we hate loose ends (see: Lost) and we hate contrived endings (see: Lost). So it's not easy to finish something like this in a satisfying way.