Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12413
    boogieman said:
    I thought GRRM had agreed a general story arc with the tv producers of where things would end up? 
    Yes, he told them the broad strokes, and they have largely implemented them, so they say.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Night King will sweep the land, kill everyone. Sit on the throne himself. The whole of Westeros is covered in ice for thousands of years.

Night King is an allegory for climate change. We've all just been punked for half a decade.

Bye!

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24878
    Night King will sweep the land, kill everyone. Sit on the throne himself. The whole of Westeros is covered in ice for thousands of years.

Night King is an allegory for climate change. We've all just been punked for half a decade.
    That would be hilarious!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Night King will sweep the land, kill everyone. Sit on the throne himself. The whole of Westeros is covered in ice for thousands of years.

That would be hilarious!
    It's also a strong possibility for the actual ending.

However, I suspect a better message that "we are terrible, and therefore f*cked" would be "we are terrible, but there's hope", and therefore I would expect an ending more in tune with that.
  • WiresDreamDisastersWiresDreamDisasters Frets: 16664
    edited April 2019

That would be hilarious!

However, I suspect a better message that "we are terrible, and therefore f*cked" would be "we are terrible, but there's hope", and therefore I would expect an ending more in tune with that.
    Just not in keeping with the series though really. Otherwise Ned Stark would still be kicking about, and the Red Wedding wouldn't have been a thing either. It's a terrible universe full of death mayhem. Expect the worst I'd say.

I like the idea that the Night King is a Targaryen though.

Bye!

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4694

That would be hilarious!

Just not in keeping with the series though really. Otherwise Ned Stark would still be kicking about, and the Red Wedding wouldn't have been a thing either. It's a terrible universe full of death mayhem. Expect the worst I'd say.

well after i had my thoughts on it, i decided to google it and i'm not alone in my thoughts. 

That would be hilarious!

Maybe, I think the series is trying to be realistic, i.e. the heroes in real life tend not to make it to the end, but I don't think it's hopeless at all, there is love, loyalty, even the odd bit of compassion.

We only have to wait five weeks to find out though eh? :)
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7751
    Something that occurred to me : if Sam Tarly and Gilly had a baby, it'd have both noble house and wildling blood. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    edited April 2019

I saw a Youtube vid asking the question of what does the Night King want, why is he travelling south now? The white walkers hadn't been seen for a thousand years before their reappearance in GOTs, he has shown he can negotiate when he was accepting the new born babies in exchange for leaving the people alone.

What does he want? an hier? Cercei's baby?

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10412
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4388

I saw a Youtube vid asking the question of what does the Night King want, why is he travelling south now? The white walkers hadn't been seen for a thousand years before their reappearance in GOTs, he has shown he can negotiate when he was accepting the new born babies in exchange for leaving the people alone.

Perhaps he's bored of skiing and fancies a beach holiday.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CHRISB50 said:

or perhaps just had enough the frigging cold and wants some sun.

• HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1010
    All that snowy stuff's a bit poor when it comes to an itchy bum.  What ya need's one eh them thar iron throney things - get a good scratch on then!
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    Variations on a theme: baked and decorated by my daughter for my sister in law’s birthday...

https://imgur.com/a/f7ZaNmG
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    It may be something like this:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1118874013361672192
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7218
    CHRISB50 said:

lol, good pair of oversized earmuffs, that's all

is that too much to ask? eh?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • ColsCols Frets: 7299
    Jalapeno said:
    I've pretty much given up on the books being finished in George's lifetime, job for a posthumous editor I think

GRRM has probably come to the conclusion that he is quite old and has more money than he could possibly spend in the rest of his days, and would prefer not to slave over a typewriter anymore.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12514
    Cols said:
    Jalapeno said:
    I've pretty much given up on the books being finished in George's lifetime, job for a posthumous editor I think

GRRM has probably come to the conclusion that he is quite old and has more money than he could possibly spend in the rest of his days, and would prefer not to slave over a typewriter anymore.
    Wouldn’t you think that, as a professional writer, he’d still want his work out there for the public to see? I know money probably isn’t a driver for him, but surely he wants his books read. 
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12101
    The night king will marry Cersei, but the marriage fails because she's too frosty with him
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just finished Episode 2 of Season 8. That was a very emotional, epic episode. Fantastic stuff. 

"They're here"