Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    edited April 2019
    I don't think we've seen a single shot of the Night King at Winterfell yet - either in the shots at the end of this week's, or in the trailer for next week's, have we? 

Am I therefore right in assuming he's actually marching on to King's Landing and Winterfell is a bluff? I'm fully expecting someone is going to blow up the city with all that wildfire that's probably still in the tunnels.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    I don't think we've seen a single shot of the Night King at Winterfell yet - either in the shots at the end of this week's, or in the trailer for next week's, have we? 

Am I therefore right in assuming he's actually marching on to King's Landing and Winterfell is a bluff? I'm fully expecting someone is going to blow up the city with all that wildfire that's probably still in the tunnels.
    I think all the wildfire was used when Cersei blew up the church and killed Majorie and the High Sparrow etc. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7731
    Jalapeno said:
    Think it'll blow over and Jon will agree to play 2nd fiddle.
    No way - he’s too straight for that - and they’ve been playing the “we took the north back already” card hard 

Also I just noticed this when watching some old scenes:

https://youtu.be/4US9QGU2yQI

“Who taught you that?”
    ”No one”

Does this signify that Arya thinks Syrio was a faceless man? 
    Red ones are better. 

I think you might be right (re the night king himself) - there’s going to be a battle, and if they mentioned the catacombs once they mentioned them a thousand times - so it’s going to come to a head down there - but yer man may we’ll take a chunk of them elsewhere 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24864
    edited April 2019
    TimmyO said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Think it'll blow over and Jon will agree to play 2nd fiddle.
    No way - he’s too straight for that - and they’ve been playing the “we took the north back already” card hard 

Also I just noticed this when watching some old scenes:

https://youtu.be/4US9QGU2yQI

“Who taught you that?”
    ”No one”

Does this signify that Arya thinks Syrio was a faceless man? 
    No - it means that the faceless man Jaqen H'ghar taught her.
    Just a fun play on words that the audience understands but not Brienne.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Boo. I Want syrio back :-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    edited April 2019
    If the big battle's against the walkers next episode, it's really only a spectacular diversion on the way to the real intrigue: who's going to get a rusty bum?
    I thought that was some kind of anal sex euphemism until I realised you mean't sitting on the iron throne. I'm not sure what would be the better finale to be honest...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 1006
    With GoT it's entirley possible that (unintended) the euphemism may actually happen!
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12096
    edited April 2019
    TimmyO said:
    Rewatching last week, he reminded me of Pop
    https://vimeo.com/68618204

Btw, why didn't he pick up one of the metal swords to fight with, instead of carrying on with a wooden one?
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    Just watched the Ep 3 trailer and I agree as mentioned above, all is not as it seems, are the dead really at Winterfell? Where are the Dragons, alive and the dead one? No fighting was shown at all so I think we're in for a surprise.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just watched the Ep 3 trailer and I agree as mentioned above, all is not as it seems, are the dead really at Winterfell? Where are the Dragons, alive and the dead one? No fighting was shown at all so I think we're in for a surprise.
    I hope so, otherwise it's too samey
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    TimmyO said:
    I don't think he ever left.

(1) We never actually saw him die + (2) He described himself as "The First Sword of Bravos" = (3) Jaqen H'ghar was Syrio the entire time.

QED
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    And now we know what the night king wants

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1702
    But when Tormund and Beric turned up at Winterfell, they said they had to go around, and overtake, The Dead on their way from the whole "Little Lord Umber Mural" scenario at the The Last Half.

So as we speak, The Dead are still north of Winterfell, heading south towards them, surely?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    DannyP said:
    But when Tormund and Beric turned up at Winterfell, they said they had to go around, and overtake, The Dead on their way from the whole "Little Lord Umber Mural" scenario at the The Last Half.

So as we speak, The Dead are still north of Winterfell, heading south towards them, surely?
    I'm assuming "the North" is wide enough that some of them could go around Winterfell without going through Winterfell.

Isn't the whole country/territory/area meant to be at least as big as England?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    edited April 2019
    DannyP said:

I'm assuming "the North" is wide enough that some of them could go around Winterfell without going through Winterfell.

Isn't the whole country/territory/area meant to be at least as big as England?
    Much bigger I think: one month's travel from Kingslanding to Winterfell

from the map I have seen, the main road south from the wall passes a long way east from Winterfell
    Hopefully the Night King carried on down the M1
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    Much bigger I think: one month's travel from Kingslanding to Winterfell

from the map I have seen, the main road south from the wall passes a long way east from Winterfell
    Hopefully the Night King carried on down the M1
    Still queuing for the gents' at Leicester Forest East, I should imagine.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6417
    Nah - they're definitely coming down the A1 .... ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Jalapeno said:

Ep. 3 is going to be pretty crappy if they stop off and sack Peterborough. 

Satisfying, but dull.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8871
    Jalapeno said:

Ep. 3 is going to be pretty crappy if they stop off and sack Peterborough. 

Satisfying, but dull.
    How could you tell?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer