Second NGD in a week (I have a problem) - polar opposite to my Raygun DC Junior

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6196
    tFB Trader
    that is really quite cool, and as far removed from the rayon guitar as i think is possible!! congrats
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Just be careful with that you could hurt someone or yourself
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    @Philly_Q I LOVE those old Washburns, I've GASsed for an EC29 for ages but this will do quite nicely!

There was one of the new Washburn Parallaxe guitars in Andertons too - only 24 frets but the same incredible Stephen's Extended Cutaway neck joint that's on all those EC guitars, and the N4. Really cool design. They do a 29-fretter too, but only in boring trans black.

Mine doesn't have the super cool neck heel, but it's still got great access... and it's sparkly.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23009
    I saw an EC36 in a shop window once.  The top few frets really were ridiculously close together, I can't imagine anyone actually using them!

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    excellent :D
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513

Great stuff @Bucket!

Looks like you "paid" only £7 more than Chappers got for his second hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAoQ7Ak3v0Q

How are you coping with the tiny gaps between those top frets?

@DLM ; Mayones?  Presumably that's a new/current model.  I've never seen a bridge like that before, at first sight I thought it was one of the old Kahler fulcrum units.

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513

@Philly_Q Sorry, I should have posted what it is: http://www.mayones.com/en/custom_shop_gallery/setius_dive_bomb_xtrem36_en

Custom shop one-off, I think. Schaller Floyd Rose Pro Low-profile bridge, looks really odd!

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Not for me, but lovely !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    DLM said:

Looks like you "paid" only £7 more than Chappers got for his second hand.

If tone's in the fingers surely Chappers' hand is worth at least £8?
    Chappers is looking slimline.  Unless that's just a beneficial optical illusion because he's standing next to Rabea.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72500

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    Shit demo video !! Keep going on about 30 frets and never go above 15th ? what's the point ?? FFS
    #thebatesmotelband
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    BGG said:
    Shit demo video !! Keep going on about 30 frets and never go above 15th ? what's the point ?? FFS
    I'll try to improve upon that when I eventually do some demos ;)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    BGG said:
    Yeah I thought that. 

Total shite.
    If I was to do a demo of this guitar, what would you want to see? I'm gonna wait until I've got some decent strings on it and it's all set up properly, but what shall I do - some solo videos? Or an actual fully-fledged demo going through it all in more depth?
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
    tFB Trader
    Bucket said:
    If I was to do a demo of this guitar, what would you want to see? I'm gonna wait until I've got some decent strings on it and it's all set up properly, but what shall I do - some solo videos? Or an actual fully-fledged demo going through it all in more depth?
    Things that go 

Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Diddly-Screeeeeeeeeeeeee
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Duly noted.