What age does a guitar become vintage

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Tuscan777 said:
    Crikey, I've got socks older than some of these 'vintage' guitars! Oh, and while I'm here: 1989 Jem, previously £600, now offers over £5k.....

if it has the original bridge, and it still stays in tune it'll be about as rare as rocking horse shit

cos I'd expect it to fall to bits before it gets to its 10th birthday.. lmao

play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11468
    @Clarky yours might be a good one, and if you've had it that long it's part of your history, but I've really not liked the late 70's Strats I've played.  I really don't understand why someone would buy one of those over a new one, or if you want something older you could probably get a 25 year old 1990 US Standard for half the price.  I guess my personal dislike for the large headstock doesn't help either.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3340
    timhulio said:
    A 1973 Les Paul Deluxe is a vintage guitar because a) OLD and b) THIS GUY

Thats a Guy?

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261

I love my Strat.. Ash body.. sounds great, plays great, the neck is mental fast.. weighs an absolute ton though

I think though the only lil' detail here and there that may upset the collector types is... the Floyd Rose bridge.. oh yeah.. and the Seymour Hotrail.. and the push pull to tap it.. bigger fingerboard radius... jumbo frets... oh yeah.. and the added 22nd fret..

apart from that it's completely standard..

play every note as if it were your first
  • Tuscan777Tuscan777 Frets: 125
    Clarky said:
    Tuscan777 said:
    Crikey, I've got socks older than some of these 'vintage' guitars! Oh, and while I'm here: 1989 Jem, previously £600, now offers over £5k.....

if it has the original bridge, and it still stays in tune it'll be about as rare as rocking horse shit

cos I'd expect it to fall to bits before it gets to its 10th birthday.. lmao

Cheek! It's all stock to be honest, if a little 'Roadworn' after the past quarter century....