Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    For anyone after a Helix Thomann have got a B-Stock one ATM for £988

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Do these helix jobbies come with a physical manual or is it a download pdf job like the pod hd series?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    It comes on a memory stick with it. And as a download.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4268
    I'd be surprised if you actually read the manual and just look at the cheat card that comes in the box, it really is that easy to use
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30210
    I only read the manual for the MIDI CC codes.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I agree... there is a lot to learn but most of it is experiential

• johnonguitarjohnonguitar Frets: 1243
    So as you know I'm waiting on my Helix... And no matter what happens it's going to be my pedalboard in 4cm with my amp or my direct solution for at least 3 years regardless of whether it blows me away or not. It's just how this cookie is crumbling.

But anyway, I keep reading whatever Helix threads pop up around the Internet and I can't help but feel that digital modelling guys are all completely insane.

The utter mad drivel that gets spouted on helix/axe/kemper threads is unbelievable.

"Hey I'm on my 4th Helix and just can't get along with it, I really want to like it but I guess my Axe Fx 2 and three Kempers will just have to do"

Like huh? Where do these guys get their money from to be able to be so disposable with gear? Why do I already seem to know more about their gear than they do? Why does anybody ever use stock patches on anything?!

I dunno, there must be some weird microwaves being emitted from these devices that turn their users cray cray
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

internet rulez....

#1 do not believe all you read on t'internet. Many folks are prone to telling porky pies...and gross exaggerations are commonplace.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372
    I don't think @johnonguitar has been on any other forums. I think he's lying and that's cos I don't believe anything on the internet :-)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    I've got a helix and have remained shtum on this thread as I'm not a modelling/gear/fx nut.

But, perhaps the most telling thing for me was when Pa came round. He's been playing since the 60s and knows what he likes. He had a listen and tinkle with the helix.

"How much was it?"

"About 1200 or so"

"Is that all? For all that? Really? Remarkable."

Sometimes we lose perspective on what we can get for our money these days compared to how it used to be. I think the helix is a lot of kit for the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    hubobulous;1074668" said:
    I don't think @johnonguitar has been on any other forums. I think he's lying and that's cos I don't believe anything on the internet :-)
    Wait... You mean he didn't have 32 Kempers modelling his very own Dumble? :O
    Ok Line 6, sort yourself out, I stalked the new update and it sounded bloody horrible :( I looked at the settings and and it had re-written the input settings, turning guitar pad off and defaulting to 1meg impedance for the guitar input . Who, in their right mind uses 1meg, nothing and I mean nothing sound good at that impedance
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    sweepy;1074730" said:
    Ok Line 6, sort yourself out, I stalked the new update and it sounded bloody horrible :( I looked at the settings and and it had re-written the input settings, turning guitar pad off and defaulting to 1meg impedance for the guitar input . Who, in their right mind uses 1meg, nothing and I mean nothing sound good at that impedance
    What does a typical valve amp have?
    £1200 ? You been ripped off mate! ;)
    Not sure tbh, but every modelled unit I have ever used sounds awful at 1Meg, , 220 or 500k sounds a lot less spikey and harsh
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    I'm an 'auto' man myself
    sweepy;1074761" said:
    Not sure tbh, but every modelled unit I have ever used sounds awful at 1Meg, , 220 or 500k sounds a lot less spikey and harsh
    Yeah i suppose that's one way of getting rid of that harsh high end people tend to identify in modellers. I think most valve amps are around a meg though... But I may be wrong!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    sweepy said:
    Piezo pickups are usually designed for 1 Meg.

And they don't work properly below that. So you are wronger than Wrongy McWrong.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    siraxeman said:
    £1200 ? You been ripped off mate! ;)
    Yeah ok, I paid 1100ish but I quoted RRP to him :)
    Well, my piezo equipped Parker Fly doesn't like 1Meg either, My old DT25 had the same issue, rvery firmware update defaulted to 1Meg. Ah well, back to making noise ;)