Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    Sporky said:
    The issue with other peoples' patches is always going to be that they made them in a different room with a different amp and a different guitar. Also different ears.
    Which is why I am amazed people can make a living out of selling them...

They can? Really really make a living from selling Helix patches ? That sounds a bit far fetched....I know there's a lot of muppets in the world n all but! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24844
    siraxeman said:
    Sporky said:
    The issue with other peoples' patches is always going to be that they made them in a different room with a different amp and a different guitar. Also different ears.
    Which is why I am amazed people can make a living out of selling them...

They can? Really really make a living from selling Helix patches ? That sounds a bit far fetched....I know there's a lot of muppets in the world n all but! 
    https://www.glenndelaune.com/patch downloads.htm

there you go!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Depends what you call a living ...
    I know about Glenns patches - he's been selling patches for years for GT's as well as Pods etc....but I'd guess that's not a living but a sideline little earner on the side. I seriously doubt he makes his full living from this. Its nothing illegal but its one of the reasons I'm not a fan of this guy - isn't there a whole community of Line 6 and Boss for free patches?
    No one is forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to
    there is the line6 community for tones but let's just say it's highly variable
    as are peoples perceptions of Glenns patches (and anyone elses...even here!). He's guilty of no crime here....so all those that want to buy his patches can. I'm sure he's laughing all the way to the bank.
    He's not laughing that hard ... I don't see the harm
    some of his routing ideas are pretty interesting and maybe saved me an hour or so of fannying about
    an hour of my time is worth more than 10 dollars to me
    hes presets are better than the supplied Line6 ones for the type of music I'm doing 90s type hair metal
  • siraxeman said:
    isn't there a whole community of Line 6 and Boss for free patches?
    Yes: http://line6.com/customtone/browse/helix/
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited July 2016

Just got in to the Snapshots feature - I had wrongly assumed all you could do was switch stuff on or off, and just found you can set parameters too.  The 'problem' with my JCM800 was I loved it set clean, and dirty, but live I normally had to settle for clean and use pedals for dirt to give me the flexibility I needed.

Not any more   and the 2204 model really is the mutts!

Still struggling to get a sound I'm happy with in to my Jet City FX return using an EQ block, the FRFR sound is fab, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Still haven't scratched the surface, but more and more impressed every time I use it, a good sign is that I'm not actually fiddling with it as much as I thought I would have to, I just put a sound together and play it

**EDIT** After a bit more tinkering I've found that by using 2 discrete paths one with full amp / cab sim -> XLR the other with just a pre-amp -> 1/4" Jack I can get something that I'm Happy with, what I would really like to be able to do it take a pre-amp output from the amp block and route it to the 1/4 output

• siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    V2.01 firmware has been released
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7827
    siremoon said:
    Don't think I am going to bother - Firmware updates make me nervous and the fixes don't look like things I'll run into soon.. might wait for the next feature release..
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    siremoon said:
    Don't think I am going to bother - Firmware updates make me nervous and the fixes don't look like things I'll run into soon.. might wait for the next feature release..
    Few people on the Facebook group complaining that there seems to be a major issue with 2.01 (muffled sound or like a phaser stuck on) so, yes, I'd hold off. 
  • Cabicular said:
    some of his routing ideas are pretty interesting and maybe saved me an hour or so of fannying about
    hes presets are better than the supplied Line6 ones for the type of music I'm doing 90s type hair metal
    "An hour of my time..."
    Sensible person.
    "I'm doing 90s type hair metal"
    Getting work? Wow. You must be pretty damn good at it then.

I'd love to do a workshop with some of you guys. In fact maybe we need to have some sort of IRL meetings with guitars and Helices. Rent a room in a pub or something. Headphones, small monitors, and a small mixing desk and four or five Helixed-up guitarists with patches and ideas.

Yes we can do lots of this stuff online, but we are, as well as artists, craftspersons. We work with our hands and our senses, and the virtual world doesn't actually convey the same quality of information as real life. Yet.
    Cabicular said:
    "An hour of my time..."
    Sensible person.
    "I'm doing 90s type hair metal"
    Getting work? Wow. You must be pretty damn good at it then.

I'd love to do a workshop with some of you guys. In fact maybe we need to have some sort of IRL meetings with guitars and Helices. Rent a room in a pub or something. Headphones, small monitors, and a small mixing desk and four or five Helixed-up guitarists with patches and ideas.

Yes we can do lots of this stuff online, but we are, as well as artists, craftspersons. We work with our hands and our senses, and the virtual world doesn't actually convey the same quality of information as real life. Yet.
    We are doing ok :) I could do more but we are old and get tired :). Remember in rural Scotland this is still modern music :)

https://www.facebook.com/theliftshaftincident/

Saturday 16th July - LGPAFO Biker Rally 
    Saturday 23rd July - Supporting ACDC UK at the O2 ABC 2 
    Friday 5th August - Fanny By Gaslight, Kilmarnock 
    Saturday 20th August - MacSorleys, Glasgow 
    Saturday 10th September - MacSorleys, Glasgow 
    Saturday 17th September - The Kings Arms, Fenwick
    Saturday 24th September - Rock Hard Cafe, Kilmarnock 
    Saturday 8th October - MacSorleys, Glasgow 
    Saturday 15th October - Prestwick Cricket Club ;) 
    Satruday 22nd October - The Bellfield Tavern, Kilmarnock
    Friday 28th October - MacSorleys, Glasgow 
    Saturday 19th November - MacSorleys, Glasgow 
    Saturday 26th November - Rock Hard Cafe, Kilmarnock 
    Saturday 3rd December - Where else but Dumfries Sports Club!! 
    Saturday 10th December - MacSorleys, Glasgow 
    Friday 16th December - The Weavers Condorrat
    31st December -Hogmanay - the Pierhead Tavern, Arran!!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It would be nice to see what other people are doing with theirs. Pity we are geographically disperate. I could probably arrange time at a local guitar store and get Paul Hindmarsh along

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    So has anyone here got that reported issue with 2.01 and the 'chorus-y' effect?
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24844
    I've held off from doing 2.01 because of the issues.

There seem to be a few people on the facebook group reporting different things.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Yeah, I've updated and not encountered any issues so far...
    Too close to a gig for me to risk it but I'm sure a lot of problems are caused by not reading the instructions properly
    im sure a bunch more are caused by interrupts to the usb connection mid update
    power saving on laptops can be a big culprit 
    i always stick caffeine on my MacBook just to keep it full power during FW updates
    and RTFM :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    The people having problems haven't followed the instructions properly - you have to reset the unit to factory status and then re-import your presets. Then you'll have no problems.

I'm playing with a Helix right now, and have been all week. I am really impressed, but at the moment I don't think I can quite justify having an all-Strymon board, three valve amps, and a Helix also!