Why are Thomann so good?

What's Hot

Comments

• manimani Frets: 10
    I got my brother to get an acoustic from them on Friday, couldn't find the Recording King RO126 in the UK, he phoned them asking for a fitted case too.  He seemed very happy with his order anyway :).  Their service is always good from my experience - over the years of ordering studio gear, they put the effort in.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited June 2015
    I bought this missus a guitar from Germany because getting big stuff shipped over from mainland UK is more expensive (go figure).

Wasn't Thomann though, can't recall the name... began with an M, I think.

Anyway, big recommendation for M in Germany. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    We don't all live within easy reach of a load of good local shops, stocking a wide range of gear, and probably never did. 

I'm looking to buy a nice acoustic, and there are a few brands I'm interested in trying. Because I'm looking to buy an acoustic to (hopefully) keep, I'm going to put some effort in, and try as many as I can, but there will be brands and models I just don't have any chance of trying, though. 

Just saying, like..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Being able to pop into GUITARGUITAR of wherever to try before I buy is mega important to me.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    thomasross20;671012" said:
    Being able to pop into GUITARGUITAR of wherever to try before I buy is mega important to me.
    After having asked 6,000,000 questions on here first? :D

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I thought you bought your PRS guitars from peach?     

I agree though - there is nothing like the feeling of walking out of a shop with a guitar you've selected after trying several and picking your favourite.     It's a tough one though when to do that might involve a journey across the country and the savings and service from thomann are so good.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Thing is, when I started buying gear the shop's knowledge Base was worth paying for. With so much information abound on places like this, it isn't anymore.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31648
    My nearest Loar dealer is Thomann, even though I live in Wales so I ordered it from there.

I like to buy local whenever I can, which is never, basically.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Evilmags said:
    Thing is, when I started buying gear the shop's knowledge Base was worth paying for. With so much information abound on places like this, it isn't anymore.
    exactly!  
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30945
    Because Thomann do twice the work of one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Is this right what I'm hearing! Thomann are no longer a dealer for Gibson guitars at Gibson.com! And are no longer listed as an International online distributor.  
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    hotpot said:
    Is this right what I'm hearing! Thomann are no longer a dealer for Gibson guitars at Gibson.com! And are no longer listed as an International online distributor.  
    Ooohh... 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11468
    I've been told that they are not an official Martin dealer either.
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    hotpot said:
    Well on the Gibson website Musikhaus are listed as an authorised dealer.  Seeing as Musikhaus own Thomann I think it's safe to assume that they are an authorised dealer.
    There are a lot of music shops called Musikhaus in Germany.  Look at the list of authorised Martin Dealers.  The ones with Musikhaus in their name must be in double figures - but I can't find Thomann.

http://www.martin-gitarren.de/index.php?id=472

This begs the question about where they get all their Martins from - unless their dealership has very recently been revoked.

If the big manufacturers are revoking their dealership then things will get messy.  I can't see how that is legal.  It seems to me that they are artifically trying to jack prices up.  It will wind up in court.  What they need to do is get the UK distributors to sell the guitars to UK shops at a competitive price.

From what I'm reading on other boards the yearly contract between Thomann & Gibson hasn't been signed as of yet because they haven't been able to reach an agreement on the 2015 Custom Shop line, & breached their agreement.  Gibson was pushing them for even more 2015 USA models.
    edited June 2015
    hotpot said:
    Well on the Gibson website Musikhaus are listed as an authorised dealer.  Seeing as Musikhaus own Thomann I think it's safe to assume that they are an authorised dealer.

Official statement.  

Fakt ist: Ja, wir sind aktuell kein offizieller Gibson-Händler. Das kann jeder nachglotzen.

Woran liegt's? Gibson re-autorisiert jedes Jahr seine Händler neu und legt dabei die Regeln fest, unter denen der Händler "weiter machen" darf. Ich gehe jetzt nicht näher auf Details ein, aber dieses Mal war's halt so, dass die Bedinungen speziell für uns nicht umsetzbar waren und Gibson auch nicht bereit war, die Bedingungen zu ändern.

Kurzum: wir haben keinen Kompromiss gefunden und der Vertrag ist letzten (oder vorletzten?) Monat ausgelaufen.

Das heißt nicht, dass wir nicht morgen einen Kompromiss finden werden und alles wie gehabt weiter läuft. Es heißt auch nicht, dass wir denken, dass an Gibson-Gitarren irgendwas verkehrt ist. Wir waren bis letzten Monat bei weitem der größte Gibson-Händler in Europa und ich hoffe, dass wir's bald wieder sind. Bis dorthin haben wir eine Menge Gibson-Gitarren auf Lager, die wir hochoffiziell eingekauft haben und auch verkaufen dürfen (it's the law) :-)" alt=":-)" src="http://www.musiker-board.de/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png" />

Wem also an der aktuellen Gesamtsituation (Modelle, Preise, Verfügbarkeit, Geburstagsaktionen oder was auch immer) etwas nicht passt, der kann gerne Dampf ablassen, aber um uns muss sich niemand Sorgen machen.

Wenn sich was ändert, erfahrt Ihr's auf jeden Fall sofort.

Ich hoffe, das hilft schon mal.

Schönen Abend!

Grüße, Sven

Here's the Google Translate version:

Fact: Yes, we are currently not an official Gibson dealer. That everyone can nachglotzen.

Why is it? Gibson re-authorized every year his new dealer, specifying in the rules under which the dealers "continue" must. I'm now not elaborate on details, but this time was it just the way that meeting the conditions for us were not implemented specifically and Gibson also was not willing to change the conditions.

In short, we have not found a compromise and the contract is expired last month (or penultimate?).

This does not mean that we will not find a compromise tomorrow and continues as usual everything. It also does not mean that we think that at Gibson guitars is something wrong. We were up last month by far the biggest Gibson dealer in Europe and I hope we have it again soon. :-)" class="mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie47" alt=":-)"">Until then we have a lot of Gibson guitars in stock that we bought high official and also sell may (it's the law) [Smile <span class =] :-) "class =" mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie47 "alt =" :-) "
    ">src = "http://www.musiker-board.de/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png" />

So who on the current overall situation (models, prices, availability, birthday actions or whatever) something does not fit, can gladly let off steam, but to us no one has to worry about.

If anything changes, you experience's definitely immediately.

I hope this helps ever.

Beautiful Evening!

Regards, Sven
    Thanks crunchman, the translator on my PC wasn't playing ball.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited June 2015
    So I went to google translate and tried to find out what nachglotzen means in English.  Apparently, nachglotzen.  However in Arabic it is nachglotzen but right aligned.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom