Why are Thomann so good?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    crunchman said:
    Here's the Google Translate version:

Fact: Yes, we are currently not an official Gibson dealer. That everyone can nachglotzen.

Why is it? Gibson re-authorized every year his new dealer, specifying in the rules under which the dealers "continue" must. I'm now not elaborate on details, but this time was it just the way that meeting the conditions for us were not implemented specifically and Gibson also was not willing to change the conditions.

In short, we have not found a compromise and the contract is expired last month (or penultimate?).

This does not mean that we will not find a compromise tomorrow and continues as usual everything. It also does not mean that we think that at Gibson guitars is something wrong. We were up last month by far the biggest Gibson dealer in Europe and I hope we have it again soon. :-)" class="mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie47" alt=":-)"">Until then we have a lot of Gibson guitars in stock that we bought high official and also sell may (it's the law) [Smile <span class =] :-) "class =" mceSmilieSprite mceSmilie47 "alt =" :-) "
    ">src = "http://www.musiker-board.de/styles/default/xenforo/clear.png" />

So who on the current overall situation (models, prices, availability, birthday actions or whatever) something does not fit, can gladly let off steam, but to us no one has to worry about.

If anything changes, you experience's definitely immediately.

I hope this helps ever.

Beautiful Evening!

Regards, Sven
    Thanks.  Very interesting.  I should imagine Gibson would try to do what they can to get Thomann back on-side as they must be a big customer of theirs.  Other Musikhaus shops are still listed on the Gibson site as authorized dealers so I assume that their contracts are negotiated separately.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TonyRTonyR Frets: 908
    "Glotzen" means "to gawp" or "to stare" and "nach" means "after", putting the two together comes up with something like "stare after".

We are all Chameleons...
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    Is it me or has Thomann prices shot up lately? That white Gibson signature T for example went from £780 couple of weeks ago to £925 now?! Same with most of their prices. Is it the Euro exchange rate?
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    Maynehead said:
    Is it me or has Thomann prices shot up lately? That white Gibson signature T for example went from £780 couple of weeks ago to £925 now?! Same with most of their prices. Is it the Euro exchange rate?
    The prices do fluctuate on a daily basis but nothing like that amount, That's not a exchange rate rise. I don't know whether it's to do with what's going on with their Gibson contract at the moment but I bought a guitar off them about a month ago & that has risen 4 quid since then with the €uro exchange rate.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11468
    If they can't get new Gibsons at the moment they may be trying to get bigger margins on the ones they have left.  Also, if they sell a bit more slowly then it probably looks a bit better on the website if they are not all out of stock.
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Are they still paying for reviews then? I just realised I have 14 things I have bought from them in the last year or two that I haven't reviewed, and i want a Duesenberg Les Trem from them.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    @Dave_Vader

I left reviews from a few things I bought last year and they sent me an email with a £25 voucher.  
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    Is there still a cap on the reviews vouchers at £50 or something like that?
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Excellent thanks @streethawk off to spend the afternoon writing reviews of patch leads then :)
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11468

Is there still a cap on the reviews vouchers at £50 or something like that?
    I think there is.
  • I've left several reviews and received naff all vouchers :(
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I've got €15 of vouchers to use before the end of August. I'll just have to buy summert else. :))