Chapman Guitars?

What's Hot
Has anyone tried one? Are they any good? They look nice but do they play nice?
6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    Uh-oh. Mr Chapman is a bit marmite around these parts, so his probably isn't going to end well.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2198
    A similar thread was started not so long ago. Have a peep at this...

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/39479/

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3800
    First thing I'll say is that the idea that they put in pretty naff pick-ups so you can upgrade as you wish is silly.  Ship the bloody things without pick-ups if that's the idea.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    edited July 2015
    Silly upside down headstocks. Not for me.
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Not tried one but yes, marmite on this forum. There's some Chapman (as a person) debate coming I sense too.
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    "Oooh, a chapman thread. Better post about how someone will make a point about him as a person, that way I can say I told you so and laugh about it when people get pissed off!"

Honestly. If the thread isnt about Rob. Don't fucking mention him. Even to say he's marmite.

Back on topic:
    I like the guitars, the upside down headstock is a bit love it/hate it and the ML-7S I saw had a horrid mismatched 2 piece body. Play one in person is my advice, or buy used.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    4reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    Rob Chapman is marmite. :))
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Hertz32 said:
    Honestly. If the thread isnt about Rob. Don't fucking mention him. Even to say he's marmite.
    Ok, ma'am. 

Are there any further rules you'd like to lay down for us all to follow?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Hertz32 said:
    "Oooh, a chapman thread. Better post about how someone will make a point about him as a person, that way I can say I told you so and laugh about it when people get pissed off!"

Back on topic:
    I like the guitars, the upside down headstock is a bit love it/hate it and the ML-7S I saw had a horrid mismatched 2 piece body. Play one in person is my advice, or buy used.
    Good job stirring the pot there.  
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The necks are a bit thin for my liking. Decent guitars though, and right for upgrading, but poor resale values.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26838
    mart said:
    Hertz32 said:
    Ok, ma'am. 

Are there any further rules you'd like to lay down for us all to follow?
    He's right, though. As before, any comments about Rob will end up moved into the (in)appropriate thread in the Parody area, if for no other reason than us modmins are sick of it ruining on-topic threads.
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    Sometimes in the videos I dee there's an LP style guitar - i think it's a goldtop - that has through body stringing. That looks pretty cool I gotta say. If I were in the market for that kind of axe I'd check it out vs the Epiphone equivalent. But I think they're a bit too metul for my tastes.
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I tried a left handed one (only one the shop had) really heavy in a good way and was brilliantly finished,
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26838
    Wulfhere said:
    Sometimes in the videos I dee there's an LP style guitar - i think it's a goldtop - that has through body stringing. That looks pretty cool I gotta say. If I were in the market for that kind of axe I'd check it out vs the Epiphone equivalent. But I think they're a bit too metul for my tastes.
    Yes, that's the ML-2.

ML-1 is the superstrat, ML-2 is the LP-alike, ML-3 is the Tele-alike, and the Ghost Fret is the Explorer-esque one.
    <space for hire>
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1801
    I like the guitar its pretty well made and fit and finish on my ML1 is fine..

For me the neck is fine in the modern way the ebony fretboard is a bit of a treat at the price and nice.

As said pickups are at best ok so ideal for an upgrade.

rest of the hardware does the job.

for me reverse headstock is a case of style over substance

If you are a moderner rock they fit the bill.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3012
    not_the_dj;695783" said:
    The necks are a bit thin for my liking. Decent guitars though, and right for upgrading, but poor resale values.
    Exactly this. If the ML-1 CAP10 or indeed the ML-3 came with big ass necks they'd be ideal for me, especially at secondhand prices. And who cares about the face behind it. One of my fave guitars ever is my EBMM Axis which is in essence an EVH sig and look what a monumental bell end he turned out to be !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    Oh look, some idiot is going through and LOLing all the posts. That was old the first time it happened, now it's just the work of a tool who can't bear anyone discussing something that they don't personally like. Give it a rest, you don't like Chapmans then just ignore the thread. 

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Yah! More frets.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I didn't get one!
    mrchi said:
    I didn't get one!

The finger of blame points in your direction then ;-)