another crowdfunding campaign...

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    People like this should be fucking sent to live on an island covered in shit for the rest of eternity.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited July 2015
    Seriously... these people.... Devi Ever.... Rebecca Watson.... Anita Sarkeesian... they're SCAM ARTISTS.... nothing more!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    I know how Devi feels though.  I once sold a pedal I had put together to a guy whose in a band who went on to headline Glastonbury, using that pedal that I had worked hard to build and while his band was getting played all over radio 6 and had a number one album bringing in the big dollars I was doing the school run.  I remember thinking "He's a bad guy.  He owes me!".
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    randomhandclaps;697286" said:
    I know how Devi feels though.  I once sold a pedal I had put together to a guy whose in a band who went on to headline Glastonbury, using that pedal that I had worked hard to build and while his band was getting played all over radio 6 and had a number one album bringing in the big dollars I was doing the school run.  I remember thinking "He's a bad guy.  He owes me!".
    Kanye? Would never have guessed
    Stop crying, start buying
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22613

samzadgan said: 
    I dont get how them owning that brand is in anyway related to her anymore...the fact is, they bought it. she sold it. its done, its finished. why she thinks she still is owed something from it is rediculous.

I she sold her car would she stalk the buyer to let her drive it?? (actually, probably yes)

Also...if they are making $300k, which i doubt, but anyway, if they are...then either she made the same and so she should have had some money saved up...or she was shit at running her business and building pedals and never made that much, in which case well done Aen!

and why the fuck would anyone in the gear industry want to support her? why does she feel entitled to help?? her thought process is so fuckin warped!
    Earlier on Devi was saying how she'd make $10k a month in a slow month. If the Aens have managed to double that in these economic climes, fair play to them. But I wouldn't put any faith in the figures Devi has been throwing out. Financial clarity, transparency, and responsibility isn't exactly her thing. 

Apparently her new place is close to where One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. How wonderfully apt. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    @Lew please stop using your alias to encourage Devi. I know you can't bare to think that her cats will be resigned to a life in a bag of bricks at the bottom of a river, but you will have to live with the consequences when she turns up to couch surf at your house.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    The sad irony that if Devi's cats end up in a landfill they'll most likely be surrounded by broken Devi Ever pedal builds.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Patreon for May...

Gofundme for June and July...

Any bets on the crowdfunding platform of choice for August?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13053
    I feel sorry for Devi.

Not in the sense of "she's done nothing wrong" - but rather in the sense of "she needs some help". The whole thing is a bit sad.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    @nickb_boy she will make me fuzz pedals whilst on my sofa.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Full meltdown engaged - not going to end well
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303

I'm thinking about stating a gofundme fund raise to keep an accountant on retainer to constantly track and feedback on her spending and repayment deals to all the people she owes money to.

she was earning 20k a month, sold that business, got lower royalties got kickstarter money, pissed it against a wall, and now wants more money for free so she can rip off the contract she did in good faith when she sold her 20k per month business, I think not.

I'll find a way to fund someone to re-do her designs at %15 discount/cashback on everyone bough from me rather than her, it is time to work in McDonalds and pay off what you own before talking about starting up a new business.

I feel sorry for Devi.

Not in the sense of "she's done nothing wrong" - but rather in the sense of "she needs some help". The whole thing is a bit sad.

It's an understandable human viewpoint (and probably shared by those who donate) but she's had help and ultimately she needs to take some responsibility and help herself.  Everything for her is an 'issue'.  She invents issues people have with her.  She's mutates actual genuine issues people have with her to the point that she's the victim. 

Primarily everything seems to boil down to "Woe is me... I was born this way and the world's got a problem with it.".  In truth the world couldn't care less and fundamentally we were all 'born this way' (an many with far bigger issues than she could dream of) and have had to get on with it.  She's not a victim of prejudice, she's a perpetrator of it.  Rather than the nasty words that may apply to her being used to attack her, she uses them to make excuses and attack rivals, critics and non-believers.  At the same time she throws around derogatory words about learning difficulties, autism, homosexuality and race and expects sympathy for her own 'issues' and difficulties.

The more people help Devi the more they perpetuate the whole self-pitying, self-delusion that keeps her swimming around the same attention seeking toilet bowl. 

All of that is besides the damage that the likes of her and Dan at PCE effects do to an industry that features some truly good people working incredibly hard to try and do what they love.  Meanwhile she spend the time she could have actually been 'developing her ideas' begging people to fund her to do 'what she loves', which from what I've witnessed over the last few years primarily seem to be seek attention. 

Quite frankly the only way I'd ever consider donating to Devi is if it was to fund a tattoo on her forehead that read 'First World Problems'.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    Its like the TMG dude all over again 

#thanksbro 
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1772

It's a bit worrying that people are still willing to invest / donate to this scenario.

I have no idea really who this person is however they clearly have a proven history of not being able to run a business - which let's face it is nothing to do with your gender / ethnicity / favourite spice girl etc.

As someone who assesses financial risk on a daily basis if this person came to me looking for funding I'd straight away decline based on their past endevours.

Not all of us can run a business, we don't all have the knowledge or the skill to do so. Hence the reason why a lot of business ventures fail. I really think this person needs to realise that and apply whatever skills and talents they do have into those areas rather than chasing one bad business after another

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27141
    Let's put it this way - if she ever decided to sign up here to promote her wares, I can almost guarantee she'd be banned right away as a scam artist.

It angers me on a fundamental level that she's leveraging so many weaknesses in people to basically wallow in her victimhood.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4651
    Classic Devi
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1247
    On the plus side, I've owned a handful of old Devi Ever pedals, and they've been OK.... In fact, I really like her Punch Love boost, that was one of my faves until it broke.

Couldn't get on with the Godzilla or Hyperion fuzzes though, even though I really wanted to.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Its like the TMG dude all over again 

#thanksbro 
    That's who I meant, I'd forgotten the name. But yeah, it happens so often it's actually quite sad how many people fall for it.