another crowdfunding campaign...

What's Hot

Comments

• BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited July 2015

Let's put it this way - if she ever decided to sign up here to promote her wares, I can almost guarantee she'd be banned right away as a scam artist.

It angers me on a fundamental level that she's leveraging so many weaknesses in people to basically wallow in her victimhood.
    Precisely - people unwittingly or otherwise become drawn into the various dramas stemming from videos, forum meltdowns, supposed transphobia etc etc, all of which clouds the fact that she is basically a con artist with a lot of excuses. Yeah, she made some (absolutely terrible quality) pedals that were inexplicably popular, mostly with people just dipping their toe into 'boutique' gear for the first time, but she done fucked it up, and it appears to be no ones fault but her own. No one in the industry (if you want to call it that) will touch her with a 10 ft bargepole now, not even her crowd of deluded admirers/enablers
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    Let's put it this way - if she ever decided to sign up here to promote her wares, I can almost guarantee she'd be banned right away
    http://i60.tinypic.com/2l88boj.jpg
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    tFB Trader

This whole situation makes me quite sad. Firstly she is clearly not well, there is definitely a victim mentality to her personality. She doesn’t seem to be able to accept blame/responsibility for past actions and consequently keeps plugging away at the woe is me position.

I don’t get the whole crowdfunding/sourcing/begging way to generating income. I’m sure she is smart and talented in some ways so why not just go and get a job to pay the bills? The pedal business/passion can be done in the evenings and therefore she can achieve all of her goals without relying on handouts from hard working people. Her current method of seeking funding is a scam, at least until she pays back those who invested in her from the console debacle. Trust needs to be earned and she clearly has a long way to go to achieve this.This whole situation makes me quite sad. Firstly she is clearly not well, there is definitely a victim mentality to her personality. She doesn’t seem to be able to accept blame/responsibility for past actions and consequently keeps plugging away at the woe is me position.

I don’t get the whole crowdfunding/sourcing/begging way to generating income. I’m sure she is smart and talented in some ways so why not just go and get a job to pay the bills? The pedal business/passion can be done in the evenings and therefore she can achieve all of her goals without relying on handouts from hard working people. Her current method of seeking funding is a scam, at least until she pays back those who invested in her from the console debacle. Trust needs to be earned and she clearly has a long way to go to achieve this.

Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBump;697478" said:
    In fact, I really like her Punch Love boost, that was one of my faves until it broke.

They were, truly, shoddily built pedals. Which is largely why she failed.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6240
    tFB Trader
    MrBump;697478" said:
    In fact, I really like her Punch Love boost, that was one of my faves until it broke.

i never bought one, nor would I. id like to see what they were like inside though
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    Shit floating everywhere covered in PVC tape if I remember correctly
    thorpy6 said:
    MrBump;697478" said:

i never bought one, nor would I. id like to see what they were like inside though

• TheCountTheCount Frets: 274
    The thing is it's really not hard to design a reliable pedal, you're always gonna have the switch as a potential point of failure but even that risk can be eliminated to a degree.
    There is also the human element to hand built stuff but with proper testing before boxing up/ during the build that can almost be eliminated too.
    I don't really get why the Devi stuff is/was so bad, unless of course she just didn't give a shit?
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited July 2015
    This is fairly typical of what was inside the pedals she built

Things shorting on things shorting on things, half melted rats nest of wires twisting and breaking, fucking awful solder joints, cant be arsed to secure the PCB so its just wrapped in black tape hanging out rattling around somewhere in the enclosure. I don't think everything needs to be perfectly lined up and layed out beautifully etc as long as it is functionally robust, but her pedals were neither, and bear in mind that in this country at least her stuff cost a fair whack -  and thats before we even get onto the pots wired up incorrectly as a 'feature' and so on. I wish her nothing but happiness and hope she gets herself sorted out, but I guess you could put her in the 'hack who didnt give a shit' category for that line of work at least

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

^

I don't feel so bad about my own attempts now.

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22615
    I wish her nothing but happiness and hope she gets herself sorted out, but I guess you could put her in the 'hack who didnt give a shit' category for that line of work at least

I've had a couple of her pedals and they had similar low levels of quality internally. I've had plenty of wonderfully built pedals by small builders: Thorpy, Made by Mike, Juan Solo, got a Badegrific fuzz on the board now, and some no-name builds I've bought cheap on Ebay. Nothing has ever come close to the level of the DE pedals. 

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4655
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13054
    I feel sorry for Devi.

Not in the sense of "she's done nothing wrong" - but rather in the sense of "she needs some help". The whole thing is a bit sad.

It's an understandable human viewpoint (and probably shared by those who donate) but she's had help and ultimately she needs to take some responsibility and help herself.  Everything for her is an 'issue'.  She invents issues people have with her.  She's mutates actual genuine issues people have with her to the point that she's the victim. 

The more people help Devi the more they perpetuate the whole self-pitying, self-delusion that keeps her swimming around the same attention seeking toilet bowl. 

I think you have misinterpreted the context in which I meant the word "help". I don't think the help she requires comes from investors or business advisors. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    lol 2.5k living expenses a month.
    edited July 2015
    I feel sorry for Devi.

Not in the sense of "she's done nothing wrong" - but rather in the sense of "she needs some help". The whole thing is a bit sad.

It's an understandable human viewpoint (and probably shared by those who donate) but she's had help and ultimately she needs to take some responsibility and help herself.  Everything for her is an 'issue'.  She invents issues people have with her.  She's mutates actual genuine issues people have with her to the point that she's the victim. 

The more people help Devi the more they perpetuate the whole self-pitying, self-delusion that keeps her swimming around the same attention seeking toilet bowl. 

I think you have misinterpreted the context in which I meant the word "help". I don't think the help she requires comes from investors or business advisors. 

Apologies, I thought you meant in the context of psychological or emotional help, as simply clear in the bits you quoted from my post.  

So if it wasn't that context or the business side, what context did you mean?  Were you talking about cat rehoming help?  I don't really know how that works in the USA I'm afraid.  Sorry.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13054
    I feel sorry for Devi.

Apologies, I thought you meant in the context of psychological or emotional help, as simply clear in the bits you quoted from my post.  

So if it wasn't that context or the business side, what context did you mean?  Were you talking about cat rehoming help?  I don't really know how that works in the USA I'm afraid.  Sorry.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I feel sorry for Devi.

Ah, I thought so.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7362
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    "I have mismanaged my money and time and I don't have the resources to finish the console."

Oh... well that's okay then!!

... she's a fucking dunce.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34026
    Or a genius, she managed to get people to give her $40k plus the rest and delivered very little. No, you are right, she's a dunce.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22615
    edited July 2015
    octatonic said:
    Or a genius, she managed to get people to give her $40k plus the rest and delivered very little. No, you are right, she's a dunce.
    People have seen her tears on the videos, listened to her complaining, and they buy into it. She then takes them for what she can get. This is someone who has tweeted her Paypal details to try to get people to buy her pizza for fuck's sake.