Who's your favourite Guitar and Amp Vendor?

What's Hot

Comments

• SunDevilSunDevil Frets: 511
    @clarky - this thread is more about the retailers than the brands, so I guess the question would be 'who would you most prefer to buy them from and why?'
    The answer was never 42 - it's 1/137 (..ish)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 521
    Coda: they have relieved me of more of my hard earned than any other store full stop.

• ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    SunDevil said:
    @clarky - this thread is more about the retailers than the brands, so I guess the question would be 'who would you most prefer to buy them from and why?'

ahhhhh........

on-line shop or high street?

play every note as if it were your first
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    terada said:
    Used to be Andertons, but I think their service has gone downhill lately. Am currently without a regular store!
    I don't ever remembering reading anything bad about Andertons on here or anywhere else.  I've dealt with them a few times and they've always been good.  They even replaced my Genelec speakers when I'd had them for 7 months and they failed.  
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    Coda and GAK for me.
  • teradaterada Frets: 5123
    terada said:
    Used to be Andertons, but I think their service has gone downhill lately. Am currently without a regular store!
    I don't ever remembering reading anything bad about Andertons on here or anywhere else.  I've dealt with them a few times and they've always been good.  They even replaced my Genelec speakers when I'd had them for 7 months and they failed.  
    Yeah I've never mentioned it here before. Lets just say that I've bought a ton of gear from them over the past few years, but recently while purchasing expensive gear I've experienced an attitude from the staff that soured the experience. 

I like to build a rapport with a store, and once built I tend to be quite loyal, even if it means paying a little more than necessary. But for this I expect the whole experience to be a pleasant one.

The past couple of experiences there have given me cause to look elsewhere.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    terada said:
    terada said:
    Yeah I've never mentioned it here before. Lets just say that I've bought a ton of gear from them over the past few years, but recently while purchasing expensive gear I've experienced an attitude from the staff that soured the experience. 

I like to build a rapport with a store, and once built I tend to be quite loyal, even if it means paying a little more than necessary. But for this I expect the whole experience to be a pleasant one.

The past couple of experiences there have given me cause to look elsewhere.
    That's not good.  

Well, as I said, since I discovered Thomann, through people talking about them on here, I most likely won't be using any UK stores for anything other than picks and strings.
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    The new secure lorry park at Calais (announced today) has given me more confidence to order from Thomann.
    Up to this point I would have been wary of taking delivery of an  8 x 12 Cab. It is not the finding a migrant hiding inside that bothers me. It is the phone call to the Police which could be awkward.

"Hello? Yes......that's what I  just said. I've got a Migrant in the Cab."

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Online - Thomann, Andertons

Instore - Coda (Stevenage), GAK, GuitarGuitar in Epsom.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    Generally, (and exclusively for the last 18 months at least) it's members of the Fretboard!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 3026
    Hartnols down in the west country and Absolute based in Poole have both been great for me.

• GruGru Frets: 339
    I am sure I have mentioned these before and in no particular order.

Peach.
    Only minutes from my parents and inlaws, so rude not to pop in once in a while. I have purchased a couple of guitars through them and found them very friendly, even though I only shop at the lower end (£500 or less)

My only disappointment recenly is the move of guitars I could afford to Colchester. I understand why they did it, but the only thing I can afford from the Braintree store is the occational in stock GS Mini or Pedals.

However, I am sure I could ask Jeff to bring something to the Braintree store if I really wanted to try/buy?

Allegro Chelmsford.
    Nice friendly staff and always helpful even when I'm just looking and willing to let me try stuff. Not a huge guitar shop but a nice little range of Fender, Squier, Gretch, Tokai, Martin, Sigma, Furch. Also sell ukeleles, pianos, drums, books etc etc.

Rainbow Music Barleylands
    Nice friendly staff who are happy to let you try. Mainly Fender, Squier, PRS SE, Takamine, from memory, but also Ukeleles.

Hard to know exactly what they have in stock as web page doesn't say, but I always enjoy visiting.
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 262
    Another vote for Coda, refreshing honest advice about amps, let me play a Fuchs and a 3 grand Strat for fun. Went across the road to the new shop and played 15ks worth of Lowdens and Taylor guitars. They will be getting my money when I have some.
  • In no particular order:
    Peach
    Coda
    World Guitars

Online, Thoman have also given me great service but I prefer to support UK dealers where possible
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2294
    Wildwire in Selby. Always been treated brilliantly in there. Only other place I buy from is Thomann or Fretboarders.
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1927
    Definitely Richtone for me.  They're very local, I know a few of the guys in there now and I visit pretty much every week.  Get great service in there.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813
    Coda and Guitar Village.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    Hound dog music in Whitley Bay, coz I rarely buy new.
    Used to be Sound Control (rip) in Newcastle because friendly staff would always knock a few notes off, be it synths/fx/ amps., whatever.
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    Classifieds here.
  • Coda have always been very good for me. I was also impressed with Richtone recently. Andertons have been crap twice.