Who's your favourite Guitar and Amp Vendor?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• slackerslacker Frets: 2302

I've bought most of my current and past gear from Coda since they opened. They (Chris Doug Ryan John etc) have been (Matt Jim) and continue to be helpful.

I've bought some gear from Guitar Experience but mostly I get Charlie to repair/set up guitars. He's probably the best tech around.

I've bought some stuff from John at Peach. Good service and will to talk/advise.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 866
    Depends where I am.

Top 3 though,

Coda, Peach and Sounds Great.
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 866
    Brize said:
    and GAK for me.
    Good God.......
  • slateslate Frets: 89
    Peach
  • minimoogminimoog Frets: 128
    Sarge said:
    Hound dog music in Whitley Bay, coz I rarely buy new.
    Good call. I once got an absolutely storming deal on a Gordon Smith in there (the one in my avatar pic).
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    minimoog;704604" said:
    Sarge said:

Hound dog music in Whitley Bay, coz I rarely buy new.

Good call. I once got an absolutely storming deal on a Gordon Smith in there (the one in my avatar pic).
    Not suprised, they only gave you half of it. :-)
  • GuitarZeroGuitarZero Frets: 254
    Online - whoever has it cheapest, Thomann usually win.

In-store - GuitarGuitar Birmingham.  I've bought 3 guitars from them over the last year.  Always friendly and give you plenty of alone time when demoing gear.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Coda or Guitar Village.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3526
    Guitarguitar in Edinburgh is my local, and I've always had (and continue to get) great service there.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited July 2015
    Fender ... I often sit jamming with my Fender US Standard Strat through a Fender '57 Champ with a BOss Fender reverb pedal ... I probably need to buy a Fender guitar cable .. :-)

Great tones though ...

All bought from Coda in Stevange ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5618
    Sound Affects
    Coda 
    Guitar Village
    Peach
    World Guitars

Special mention to Wildwire - I have yet to buy anything but Leon has been super helpful so far on a couple pre-sales inquiries that never panned out. Not his fault at all, just specs on things that ended up not being to my taste. But, I got very fast replies to inquiries well out of shop hours, which is amazing and I was very impressed with that so I wouldn't hesitate to plunk cash down in the future if the right piece came up.

Thomann is very, very good at what they do too... the only thing you can fault them on is "not being British." But even their impossible prices aside the service is something that many other UK dealers need to aspire to if they want to survive...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3411
    CCGX - All my guitar repairs are done here

Chandlers in Kew for many years but I haven't used them for a while

Andertons - always great

However, Guitar Guitar (Epsom) pips them all and not just because it's local to me. They have been absolutely brilliant to me from Day Uno! Knowledgeable, helpful, friendly and they will go, and have done, the extra mile to help me out.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7401
    edited July 2015
    In mid to late 80s and just into 90s was always Kingfisher Music in Fleet. I did thousands with them and they were always competitive and good technical servicing to.

Then life happened for a few years and then one day in naughties when I was buying again, I went back in only to see all the Computer and Hi Tech stuff and masses of top guitar and hi end amp brands gone to be replaced by Squiers and no brand ss amps and Yamaha PS keys... criminal....
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    and GAK for me.
    Good God.......
    Those guys have always been absolutely superb with me - they've sorted me out with good deals and taken returns without quibble.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    slacker;703525" said:
    I've bought most of my current and past gear from Coda since they opened. They (Chris Doug Ryan John etc) have been (Matt Jim) and continue to be helpful. I've bought some gear from Guitar Experience but mostly I get Charlie to repair/set up guitars. He's probably the best tech around. I've bought some stuff from John at Peach. Good service and will to talk/advise.  
    I forgot CCGX. I've never bought gear from there but I've had set ups done and Charlie is great. I dropped off my Lowden earlier this afternoon for a yearly checkup and new strings. It's only 10 mins door to door. Very handy.

They had some nice amps when I popped in.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to