Halloween

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15896
    octatonic said:

You're dead an incredibly long time, after all.
    true, but except for Halloween, you won't know much about it.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9831
    Oops! - I blame my dyslexia for the fact I spent last night hollowing out a bumpkin.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000;71591" said:
    Oops! - I blame my dyslexia for the fact I spent last night hollowing out a bumpkin.
    Thats KO, er...sorry OK!:)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    It's a big crock of american sh*te. I hate it. We don't answer the door and I never got any of my kids involved in the T&T rubbish. My kids carve a pumpkin each but that's it. Dumb idea from dumb america.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33991
    edited October 2013
    axisus said:
    It's a big crock of american sh*te. I hate it. We don't answer the door and I never got any of my kids involved in the T&T rubbish. My kids carve a pumpkin each but that's it. Dumb idea from dumb america.

So you'll be selling all of those American guitars then? ;)

It is actually a festival that is celtic in origin.
    I have not had a satisfying Halloween though.
    My 'potatoes and onions' as sweets prank hasn't gone down quite a well as it seems that many of the kids knocking don't speak english as well as in previous years.
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    edited October 2013
    Fretwired said:
    Pedant: It's actually Hallowe'en as it's a contraction of All Hallow Even.

Double Pedant: Isn't it All Hallow's Evening or All Hallow's Eve?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28043
    axisus said:

Gets my vote.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • I used to hate it until I moved into my current house. We get loads of trick or treaters but they are all under ten, with thier parents and its really sweet. Having your own kids at that age helps too. As my kids grow up, no doubt it will lose its appeal again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I just got back from taking my boy out. We had a right laugh. I dressed up as Slenderman (the guy below) and scared the shit out of the other kids we bumped into as well as some of the homeowners. I stood back you see and they only noticed me later. Honestly, you grumpy buggers!

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/roscoe2911/slenderman_zps861add43.jpg
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Loads of kids out tonight, mostly with parents closely behind, I think it's good to see and a good bit of fun, even if the missus and I did "hide" in the curry house.

What does grate is the amount of corporate bullshit bandwagoning with absolutely no link to Halloween - I must have had a dozen emails saying "scary savings on x product" / "horrifying Halloween sale" etc. guitar guitar that includes you.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3090
    It's a bit of a laugh for the kids and I don't see the harm in it, if you adhere to a bit of common sense. Took my nine year old and a bunch of his mates out around a local estate earlier with a rule that if there's no pumpkin, we don't knock. Some homes had really gone for it, with some fella emerging from a coffin on his front lawn!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73102
    I like it, but only with the younger kids really. I won't give money to the older ones if they show up - they didn't this year - so they'd better be happy with sweets… actually maybe that's why they didn't show up this year.

Had our porch lit with jack 'o lanterns outside, flicker lights inside and Mussorgsky's Night On Bald Mountain playing in the dark when I opened the door… all good fun :).

Must do better next year - the kids are getting older so they could do with scaring a bit more ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Do they really ask for money?

Where I live nobody does it really, lots of jews and muslims, who don't do it, and there's a lot of undesirables. I saw an arrest on my way back from Tesco.
    My V key is broken
    I had one kid ask for £100. I laughed at him and closed the door.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17918
    tFB Trader
    When I used to live in Birmingham a group of teenagers (not in costumes) came up to me when I was at the shops and said "Trick or treat"
    I pointed out that it was October 30th and they were supposed to knock on my door rather than hassle me at the shops.
    "Yeah, but no one answers the door on the 31st"
    I pointed out that I didn't have any sweets on me.
    "You could buy some at the shop, or give us money and we could buy some"
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    octatonic said:
    I had one kid ask for £100. I laughed at him and closed the door.
    probably one of your old pupils  turning the tables 

;)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Fretwired said:
    Pedant: It's actually Hallowe'en as it's a contraction of All Hallow Even.

And the police are issuing posters ..

Download you're own here ..

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...!

</pedant too>