Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

So ..... who can dance then?

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73100
    edited November 2013
    Nope. Never have, never will. It's one of the reasons I started playing guitar - so I'd always be on stage at any event which involved music.

Nobody told me I'd have to move rhythmically on stage, but it's kind of expected these days. I settle for poo-face and some kind of twitching which could be construed as such with a bit of imagination.
    Same here, except that I don't move rhythmically on stage, twitch or pull faces :). But it's definitely one of the reasons I started playing guitar.

One of the things that pisses me off most about social events is people *insisting* that you dance, and getting quite stroppy when you won't. It's not that I'm afraid of making myself look a tit - I can manage that quite well anyway - but unless my partner is wearing steel toecaps and possibly shin guards it's hazardous to their wellbeing. I just don't enjoy it in any way, so why should I be made to? There doesn't seem to be the same blind spot about forcing people to do other stuff they hate, so why dancing?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    I used to go raving, but not sure if jumping up and down at the Fridge or other delightful Brixton clubs could be taken as dancing. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    edited November 2013
    ICBM said:
    One of the things that pisses me off most about social events is people *insisting* that you dance, and getting quite stroppy when you won't. It's not that I'm afraid of making myself look a tit - I can manage that quite well anyway - but unless my partner is wearing steel toecaps and possibly shin guards it's hazardous to their wellbeing. I just don't enjoy it in any way, so why should I be made to? There doesn't seem to be the same blind spot about forcing people to do other stuff they hate, so why dancing?

+1.  People see it as their duty to make sure you're enjoying yourself - it's well meant, but fucking annoying that they cannot contemplate the possibility that you might be having a nice time without dancing, thankyouverymuch.  You aren't dancing, therefore you are unhappy and in order to be happy (which you must), then you must dance.

Being the stubborn sod that I am, I have got into heated arguments with people who just won't let it drop...  they flatly refuse to give up in their demands that I get up and dance, and I just dig my heels in harder.  It's rather incongruous going from a cheery "Come on, have a dance" to screaming obscenities at each other a few minutes later. :-)  It took me years for the penny to drop that all I had to say was "I'd love to, but I'm recovering from a slipped disc, and I can't chance it" - or some similar physical excuse.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom