Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do we have enough people interested in synth to have a synth section?

What's Hot

Comments

• blobbblobb Frets: 2951
    edited September 2015
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    ^^^ now thats a set up^^^
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well, it's half a set up...................... ;-)
    Are we allowed guitar related posts on this site, or do we need another section?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm very much a guitarist having a go at playing another instrument, but absolutely love synths. loving having the Prophet so far. This is the first little bit of music that has come from my playing around. Just a really simple little thing obviously, but maybe a seed.... If you like your noises Kid A flavoured I guess. Lovely sounding thing this synth.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    edited September 2015
    I'd appreciate tapping into synth expertise in relation to my guitar of doom project (ghost-equipped floyd rose with hex pickups).
    Good stuff Gav, wait till you try sequencing the damn things...!
  • Well I'm enjoying the little on board sequencer... But thankfully my band use ableton, so we have been able to utilise it almost straight off the bat. But the above is just me actually using it as a standalone.
    A short test demo I put together featuring the Pro 1.

• I will listen to this ASAP, but am reasonably confident it'll piss on my chips :D
    It's just a cheap mock up, to see how a mix sounds on this here interweb thingy. Don't go expecting too much :-)
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited September 2015
    Maybe a keyboard section - open to piano/organ/synth/why would be a little broader and suit  more people. I play keys from time to time, and it's only my "third" instrument behind bass, even though I physically can't hack playing bass that much these days, I guess I'm saying that to indicate the lower level of competence I've achieved at it.

I have a Yamaha DJX, which has some nice sounds in if if you're prepared to dig through the menus. Unfortunately it forgets everything when the power is switched off and reverts to silly beep beep noises and bad drum beats that nobody's ever going to use when you switch it back on again. Is there another model which (a) doesn't forget its patches (b) has useable sounds minus the shit, which would be more giggable?

By useable sounds I mean piano, Hammond simulation, pipe organ, flutes, strings

EDIT This has got a lot of DJX sounds on it. There is also a small amount of hand percussion, plus recorder & guitars. IIRC the rest is the DJX though

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My synths are limited to VST, for wallet sanity reasons, but it would be nice to have a sub section. Better than Parody at any rate.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I'm into synths but bar a couple of guitar synths and one odd ball keyboard they are VSTs. I love synth music though ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I like synthies.
  • I like synths and play a bit, but this is the Fretboard, a guitar forum (and a damn fine one at that) and that's how it should stay. There are synth forums out there too if it's synths you want.
    :)
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    Guitarse said:
    I like synths and play a bit, but this is the Fretboard, a guitar forum (and a damn fine one at that) and that's how it should stay. There are synth forums out there too if it's synths you want.
    :)
    We may as well get rid of the off topic, SC, Misc, Studio and production, Bass, Parody Sections as well then :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Id like a synth/keys/electronica section. Perhaps it could be a sub category in the recording section.
    Imagine a guitar multi effects unit with the usual reverb, delay, flanger etc... but also has filters and additional modulation. Add onto that the ability to plug a keyboard in to trigger oscillators which opens up an alternative world of sounds, then throw in a vocoder that allows you to use the keyboard as a carrier signal while you guitar noodle via the filters and effects to your hearts content. Sounds like a pretty decent guitar fx box to me. That's what I do with mine anyway. Sometimes.
  • mrchi said:
    We may as well get rid of the off topic, SC, Misc, Studio and production, Bass, Parody Sections as well then :)

Didn't even know they existed! Just checked......you have a point @mrchi

Never ever bloody anything, ever!