Fractal FX8 users question

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33906
    edited January 2016
    John_P said:
    Has anyone changed the way they organise pedals now you can pretty much assign them to anything?   

As I've got a gig free weekend I might update mine and I was thinking about having 4 presets clean, low gain rhythm, mid/high gain rhythm and lead across the bottom with 4 scenes on each adding in combinations of modulation, delay and wah.   So with two clicks I can hit any one of 16 setups but that default scene as the most likely combination. 
    Have a look at my post above- I have dedicated buttons for Scene1/2 and scene 3.
    I no longer have wah and volume assigned to a foot switch- they are just on expressions (no longer using an analog wah)
    Scene 1 is always my clean tone, scene 2 is always my rhythm tone and scene 3 is a solo.

Works tremendously well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1134
    does the scene toggle just go between each scene with one click, or is it a long click like for x/y ?

does the scene toggle just go between each scene with one click, or is it a long click like for x/y ?
    Quick click.

edited January 2016
    I've tweaked it slightly.

When switching from Scene 3 to Scene 1/2 it defaults to Scene 1, so you are switching from Solo back to clean.
    You can double tap to go to Scene 2 (dirty rhythm) but instead I've reversed clean and dirty rhythm in my patches and it is much better.

So Scene 1: Dirty Rhythm
    Scene 2: Clean
    Scene 3: Solo
    my scenes are set up as Clean/Clean Lead, Mild Crunch/Mild Crunch Lead, Dirt/Dirt Lead etc so i think the S1/2 toggle will work well for me

my scenes are set up as Clean/Clean Lead, Mild Crunch/Mild Crunch Lead, Dirt/Dirt Lead etc so i think the S1/2 toggle will work well for me
    Yeah that should work well.
    I'm thinking about sacrificing the ability to switch reverb in/out to use the first 3 scenes as clean/crunch/lead.
    Or another way to do it would be to use X/Y drive as a dirty rhythm/solo boost.
    i can get Scene 1/2 to toggle, but i don\t see 3/4, 5/6 etc in the list for each footswicth - am i missing something ?

i can get Scene 1/2 to toggle, but i don\t see 3/4, 5/6 etc in the list for each footswicth - am i missing something ?
    Oh, that doesn't exist.

It is just Scene 1/2 toggle and the rest are individual.
    I assumed you were talking about switching different patches configured as 'Clean/Clean Lead, Mild Crunch/Mild Crunch Lead, Dirt/Dirt Lead' and just using S1/S2 per patch
    ah no.....balls why would you have S1/2 toggle, but not the rest ??? :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ah no.....balls why would you have S1/2 toggle, but not the rest ??? :)
    I guess because most people will want to have a clean and dirty sound.
    If you suggest it on the Fractal forum then they might implement it.
    They implemented a bunch of looper function I suggested that garnered support.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9690
    I'm truly loving mine...

I'd love to be able to implement my EHX 45000, so that I could record some of the glorious loops... Any ideas of the best way ?

I'm truly loving mine...

I'd love to be able to implement my EHX 45000, so that I could record some of the glorious loops... Any ideas of the best way ?

FX8 -> 45000 -> amp.
    Don't overlook the FX8 looper- imho it is the best looper architecture out there.
    You can't store loops but there is nothing stopping you recording them into the 45000 after creating them in the FX8, or recording them into a DAW.
    Half speed and reverse work perfectly.

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7418
    What are people using for their wah? I'm using the boss expression pedal but it doesn't wah over the full range of motion.
    The tone changes in the first few centimetres and then stays the same to the toe position. As a result it just sounds like I'm switching it on and off really sharply.
    octatonic;954758" said:
    Wazmeister said:

I'm truly loving mine...

FX8 -> 45000 -> amp.Don't overlook the FX8 looper- imho it is the best looper architecture out there.You can't store loops but there is nothing stopping you recording them into the 45000 after creating them in the FX8, or recording them into a DAW.Half speed and reverse work perfectly.
    My exact aim !
    DefaultM said:
    What are people using for their wah? I'm using the boss expression pedal but it doesn't wah over the full range of motion.
    The tone changes in the first few centimetres and then stays the same to the toe position. As a result it just sounds like I'm switching it on and off really sharply.
    I'm currently using a pair of Mission expression pedals, one for volume, one for wah.
    They feel much the same as a cry baby/vox.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7418
    Do you think that it's the pedal that is the problem or the settings? I've tried calibrating it and messing about with the tone, but the only thing I can do to make it sound a bit better is to really limit the range, say to 300-1000hz.
    What pedal are you using?

Here are my settings- I really don't have to do much for it to work.
    I don't think I messed with the taper at all.

• JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1629
    can anyone tell me this?

say one was mental enough to be using four amps at once in two stereo pairs. Could you feed one pair in stereo from the pre outs, and the other pair in stereo with the in or out (post). And be able to have just one pair working, or all 4 amps at once, with different fx in any patch feeding a different pair? i.e. ultimate flexibilty between those four.

not for me, obviously - asking for a friend

edited February 2016
    Folks,

Here is a very simple video recorded by a certain simple Black Countryman...

It just gives a brief overview (tread lightly good people !).

Naturally, I get my 'verbs and delay mixed up at one point. Still, here it is...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Wazmeister;956526" said:
    Folks,

Here is a very simple video recorded by a certain simple Black Countryman...

It just gives a brief overview;

Think you need to make the video public, Waz.