Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Is anybody selling anything?

What's Hot
Just an observation, but I can find only two listings marked as 'SOLD' in the first three pages.

It seems a lot of guitars are up for sale, but are many actually selling?
I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    Sold a looper last week to photek but market for guitars is slow at the mo.

Guitars , if mega cheap bargains usually sell though at the sellers loss off course.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2916
    edited October 2015
    To help speed the market up you coul perhaps buy my lovely telecaster :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very little in my experience. The market is on its arse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7440
    I can barely sell anything, just get offered trades. The trouble I get in to is being offered trades and thinking I'll be able to sell that instead, but then I end up keeping it. The only reason it was up for trade in the first place was because it wouldn't sell.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I'm getting more luck on gumtree than on here currently.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • camfcamf Frets: 1201
    edited October 2015
    I'd even be happy with more trade offers.  ;))
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    I get pretty much no success on here these days selling tbh. Facebook just attracts dumb offers and eBay is full of total bastards. Gumtree I avoid.

That said, I keep looking at that rosewood neck PRS of yours @DefaultM and scheming at how I can generate another five/six hundred quid to make a reasonable offer. I guess a lot of people are short of a few quid at the minute, maybe less people are playing, maybe that saturation point everyone laughed off is actually happening. It's likely a mix of all three. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7440
    I got in to a conversation about selling it the other day and was sure it was gone because we arranged where we'd meet etc. Then he suddenly offered me £1200 and when I countered with £1300 he just disappeared. I thought that was a really good price.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HollowAxisHollowAxis Frets: 117
    edited November 2015
    I still manage to sell more off Gumtree than anywhere else.
    But it is slow. Very slow. I'm lucky I have the space to store stuff. 
    Wait wait wait.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    The market is very slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow at the mo
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 902
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought.

I have a few high value guitars I am thinking of selling, but as you say, little is moving on here, ebay is full of sharks + expensive and I'm doubting the stuff I have would be mainstream enough for Gumtree, classified ads, etc.

It looks like a lot of us are going to be left holding-on to our instruments (if you'll pardon the expression ;) )
  • Sold 2 via eBay but off eBay recently... a suhr and an ibanez pgm. Bought from here but never sold any of my listing....
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16297
    I think there is a much higher sales rate on gumtree ( pedals better on here ) of both amps and guitars
    The activity appears quite strong on the classified section here at first glance but if you follow the threads its quite deceptive because most comment is well intentioned but not really worth a wank if you happen to be the seller ...................." Lovely guitar ,perfect for me,my favourite colour,my sounding pickups..etc ...etc .............but I havn't got a penny to scratch my arse with at the moment !! "
      Can you imagine walking into John Lewis announcing loudly that it was your favourite t.v.,perfect for your lounge ,great picture etc and then saying ............" but I am skint " ...........all just a waste of breath.........and time !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    I've shifted a couple on here recently, as well as two on/off ebay. The second hand market is pretty much dead at the minute. Great if you have the cash, rubbish if you rely on moving gear on to pay for the next toy. Suppose it depends on how long people want to sit on stuff. If you want to move things relatively quickly I think the key is being extremely realistic about your prices. It doesn't matter what it cost you, only what someone else is prepared to pay.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Well, it's almost self defeating, a perception things aren't selling, but not much available that's particularly exciting as a result.
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 902
    I agree - there's apparently loads of activity on here, but most replies are nice comments, well-intentioned bumps and a genuine appreciation of nice gear....

... but seemingly no money around to actually buy anything.
  • Stuff sells if you price it low enough - depends what's worth it to you, more money or a faster sale. At the high end of the market that swing is greater, or if you've got something that's not mainstream.
  • NPPNPP Frets: 236
    Dominic said:
      Can you imagine walking into John Lewis announcing loudly that it was your favourite t.v.,perfect for your lounge ,great picture etc and then saying ............" but I am skint " ...........all just a waste of breath.........and time !
    well but here it's more like the seller walking into a pub proclaiming his intention to sell and people being appreciative about what he has to offer without necessarily having gone to the pub to spend 2k on a LazyJ or whatever

and, indeed, there's not much in the classifieds that is both interesting (for me) and affordable. Has anybody ever offered a lefty guitar on here? I don't think so. And amps that might be interesting but collection only and at the other end of the country are necessarily difficult to sell. 

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9720
    I sell EVERYTHING on here, no problem at all :)

I do post everything by Special Delivery; I offer photos of what im selling; im not greedy with prices, and i dont expect "what i paid for it"...

If yours aint selling, try it !

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • I sold my guitar in reverb.com cost me a bit yo sell. But also got a good price. Nothing much on here. But I do buy pedals a lot on here. Some I trade back on here. And some sell but often they go on facebook etc

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey