Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Is anybody selling anything?

What's Hot

Comments

• Also I would buy the classic player sonic blue strat on here but no reply to pm. Hopefully soon

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5207
    I just bought a Tele from here this week...it was local to me though so I got a chance to have a proper look first  :)
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2433
    I've managed to sell a few pedals, some pickups and 1 guitar over the last couple of months, everything else had to go on eBay after no interest here, the lack of fees and a good (mostly) trustworthy clientele keeps me listing here.
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    I sold an amp last week that I had on here for ages.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Stuff will,sell if it's priced correctly. Some people have some strange ideas about second hand goods and what they are worth in the real world. Take your items to a shop and see what they offer you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16297
    Totally agree that you need to present things nicely and make the price realistic but most importantly on a nationwide coverage whats with the" collection only "thing ?................as long as its paid for securely what difference if its collected by courier or buyer in person
     ........even big amps are reasonably inexpensive to courier .....all thats required is some careful bubblewrapping etc
    UPS is relatively careful and any sensible buyer and seller could split a relatively modest insurance charge
    Incredibly expensive and valuable items are despatched by couriers every day........ultimately 90% of guitars and amps came into the original retailer via a series of shippers,packers,couriers etc ..........................no big deal
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1341
    capo4th said:
    Stuff will,sell if it's priced correctly. Some people have some strange ideas about second hand goods and what they are worth in the real world. Take your items to a shop and see what they offer you.
    Not sure the comparison is valid.  If you fancy selling or trading in to a shop, be sure to have a large pot of Vaseline handy.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Take 40% minimum off your wanted price if you want to sell to a shop. So that's a pretty unrealistic price comparison @capo4th
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 902
    Of course things will sell 'at any price' but who can afford to do that?

Shops will nearly always screw you, unless a) they are one of the few good guys who will sell on modest commission, or b) they're taking it as part exchange on something else much more expensive.

As for the 'what's with collection only thing'?... Well several things. I've had many items damaged in transit, which is annoying for both seller and buyer. Buyers seldom want to pay the full cost of properly insuring a very expensive item. What's more, in my experience, when there is a breakage, the couriers then refuse to pay-up because they blame 'poor packaging' by the seller. This brings the buyer back to the seller's door and things get nasty. Personally, if I really want a guitar or amp, I'm prepared to go get it.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • The second hand market is screwed and I don't see it recovering any time soon. I think lots of us are hoping for a return to the "good old days" of non-stop buying and selling but I can't see it happening. 
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    It can't always be because it is the "wrong season".
    Have you noticed the guitars on ebay (with a dealer) that have been re-advertised for ages?

Maybe the Zero Hours Contracts are closer to the 5 million claimed by the TUC a couple of years ago than to the ONS figures.
    And maybe those people perceive that they are Unemployed?

If it looks like a Duck
    Swims like....

Sorry bout dat.
    Don't move the thread.

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    bodhi said:
    capo4th said:
    Not sure the comparison is valid.  If you fancy selling or trading in to a shop, be sure to have a large pot of Vaseline handy.

Sarge said:
    Take 40% minimum off your wanted price if you want to sell to a shop. So that's a pretty unrealistic price comparison @capo4th

exactly the point 

most shops offer peanuts for good gear. If people are selling on here they should set a realistic price and achieve an honest value. Otherwise your guitar will just sit in its case.

People on eBay offering guitars at 15% off what a new one costs make me howl. Send a polite message making a sensible offer and they act like you have touched up their mum.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1341
    People on eBay offering guitars at 15% off what a new one costs make me howl.
    Well, Ebay hasn't done anyone any favours with their new fees structure.  It was to be expected.
  • bdc64bdc64 Frets: 13
    I have listed a few lefties on here, not with any success I may add. I am toying with the idea of listing my Anderson Drop Top lefty.
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    Stuff just worth what anyone prepared to pay, if you can't sell it you're asking too much. i think particularly there is one big name brand where people consistently advertising for at least 80 percent of the new price which is unrealistic, given how much choice there is. I picked up a EJ strat for £600 last week, so I'm quite happy at mo:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 902
    armitaan said:
    Stuff just worth what anyone prepared to pay, if you can't sell it you're asking too much. i think particularly there is one big name brand where people consistently advertising for at least 80 percent of the new price which is unrealistic, given how much choice there is. I picked up a EJ strat for £600 last week, so I'm quite happy at mo:)
    No offence, but that's nonsense as a blanket statement.

If I have a PRS guitar which cost me £2000, I want to sell it for £1200 and somebody only wants to pay me £200, it is not only worth that figure.

Don't you place any value on the things you own?

By your logic, if you come to sell your new EJ Strat and the only offer you get is for £200, then that's what it's worth?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    Yep .if that's all anyone prepared to pay for it that's what it's worth in the second hand market. I wouldn't sell it for that , but that's what it would be worth
    but its worth more to you yes?
    then it's worth more than people are prepared to pay.
    Often it's a case of the item becoming available and the potential buyer not having the funds.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9720
    The buyer or seller DO NOT set the value... The market does. As soon as people realise this, freedom follows. A few sellers on here sell stuff the same price (or there abouts) as brand new... Mwhy would you buy second hand if you can get the same new ???
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1635
    Dominic said:
    I think there is a much higher sales rate on gumtree ( pedals better on here ) of both amps and guitars
    The activity appears quite strong on the classified section here at first glance but if you follow the threads its quite deceptive because most comment is well intentioned but not really worth a wank if you happen to be the seller ...................." Lovely guitar ,perfect for me,my favourite colour,my sounding pickups..etc ...etc .............but I havn't got a penny to scratch my arse with at the moment !! "
      Can you imagine walking into John Lewis announcing loudly that it was your favourite t.v.,perfect for your lounge ,great picture etc and then saying ............" but I am skint " ...........all just a waste of breath.........and time !
    You're wrong.

If a potential buyer sees a sale thread full of 'I covet that guitar', the potential of a sale is increased. 

I mean obviously.