Any Motörbike riders here?

What's Hot

Comments

• roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1206
    I just took a Royal Enfield Classic 500 for a test ride.
    Quirky little bugger it is. I love the styling, and the lawnmower engine sound is quite enjoyable.
    But it's really low powered, and the riding position is comfortable though I felt like I was on top of the front wheel. On the comfort side of things it wasn't as vibey as I was expecting, and it was nice and firm but forgiving over speed bumps. Very nimble too.

All in it's a great 2nd bike. But not what I need. They're bringing out a range of 650 twin based bikes soon which might be more suitable. And they're amazing value for money - the Classic 500 is about £4700 brand new on the road.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    quarky said:
    So I’m toying with swapping my Street Scrambler in for an older T100 tomorrow... pics may follow... 
    Oooh (in surprise), why?
    Mostly because:

a) I’m an idiot
    b) It’s shiny (lots of chrome, special edition)
    c) I had some (mostly cosmetic) mods planned for the Street Scrambler that either wouldn’t be needed, or would be much cheaper on an air-cooled T100
    d) I’m an idiot

On a similar note, my fianceé’s buying an older T100 tomorrow too!

@roundthebend Those Enfield twins look lovely on paper, and that price will be hard to beat once they’re available. Seems like a similar approach to the Street Twin, but cheaper. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

On a similar note, my fianceé’s buying an older T100 tomorrow too!
    I love a lady on a classic bike - jeans, leather jacket, popping exhaust....mmmmm

The T100 is the same engine as the Street Scrambler, no? Or are we talking older T100s?
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2778
    So took these two out today.

https://i.imgur.com/M0c135i.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Utxdpkr.jpg

Kids prefer the first (and I thought I would), but I am still undecided. I like the idea of getting the Street Twin and being able to do mods though.
    @quarky that colour scheme on the Street Cup looks great. Mind you, so does the yellow one.
    I think I should test ride one, but I don't think I like the racing posture.
    Scrambler looks wicked, but that high level exhaust would annoy me I think. Whereas the BMW R nine T scrambler also looks great but the exhaust is tidier.
    I'm quite tempted by that now, and the R nine T Pure C.

@roundthebend, That was just a Street Twin with a high pipe, it wasn't the Street Scrambler. It has so many accessories though, it certainly looks like it. The heavens opened while I had the second bike out so got completely soaked to the skin, but still good fun. 
    It is really difficult to decide. I actually think I prefer the riding position of the Street Twin. Both bikes are so similar, but for the price difference, I can throw some nice accessories at the Street Twin. I would miss the rev counter that the Street Cup has though. 

https://i.imgur.com/5WwWYpb.png

They got a new (to them) Daytona too today. It was like seeing an ex-girlfriend!

That BMW looks nice too does it. The thing is, I ride all year around, and leave it at the station a lot (which has no effective cover from the elements), so whatever I buy is in for a rough time..
    quarky said:
    So took these two out today.

https://i.imgur.com/M0c135i.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Utxdpkr.jpg

Kids prefer the first (and I thought I would), but I am still undecided. I like the idea of getting the Street Twin and being able to do mods though.
    @quarky If you’re keen on the second one then I’m selling my ‘17 plate Street Scrambler now, £6,750, 1.5k miles, and happy to deliver / meet.

btw - either someone swapped the wheels on that Twin, or that’s a street scrambler in the pic?

@roundthebend I meant the older T100s - we went shopping and came back with two ‘09 ones, so fuel-injected 865cc models.

http://i.imgur.com/XCOn8zH.jpg

@quarky If you’re keen on the second one then I’m selling my ‘17 plate Street Scrambler now, £6,750, 1.5k miles, and happy to deliver / meet.

No way! Jesus, now you have given me a real dilemma.... I will have a think and let you know over the next few days.
    No rush! Shout if you want more pics etc, it’s got a few parts from the triumph catalogue already (led indicators, fly screen, headlight grille, fork protectors, alu side number board) as it was a showroom model and they’d spec’d it up a bit before I bought it! The extra low-range torque profile vs the cup and twin is subtle but noticeable, very welcome for sub-40mph riding too. If I hadn't got the bug for an air-cooled while looking for one for my fiancée it would be sticking around for a long time! :)
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    @quarky that colour scheme on the Street Cup looks great. Mind you, so does the yellow one.
    I think I should test ride one, but I don't think I like the racing posture.
    Scrambler looks wicked, but that high level exhaust would annoy me I think. Whereas the BMW R nine T scrambler also looks great but the exhaust is tidier.
    I'm quite tempted by that now, and the R nine T Pure C.

Just bought me one of these last week...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    We want pics @pawlo :)
  • PwaloPwalo Frets: 113
    quarky said:
    We want pics @pawlo :)
    Sorry!  After it said "this" there should have been pics!

So, I px'd these two beauty's...

And bought this....

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh oh! Me! I ride a motorbike! I've got 2.  Hours of fun. :)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    Hey @manicguitarist, long time no whatsiname. :) I had 3 tough days of work but really enjoyed the 50 mile ride home in the sun on Sunday afternoon. Nothing like a few gentle twisties to make you feel alive. ;)
  • Hey man! Good to hear from you.

:) Indeed, a long bike ride clears your head and makes you feel alive. Hope you're well. I'm just passing by really - will drop in now and then.

hey @manicguitarist it's been ages. welcome to The Motorbike Forum...!
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    @manicguitarist welcome to the bike thread! That MV is truly a thing of beauty. 

I’ve just come back from a trip on the GS to the Yorkshire Dales (from West wales) via Bristol on the way home. Second ride of the year - go big! Toying with changing bikes after 2 years on the excellent GS need to try a Multistrada Enduro methinks.... 
    NBD for me today. So, so, so different from my Daytona (for obvious reasons), but had a blast!

https://i.imgur.com/xQUCvCL.jpg
    Looks superb in the cranberry, good choice!
    Another Street Twin to make me jealous. I like the colour. Keep us posted on how it rides @quarky ;