Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Whatcha playing?

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2957
    I seem to have lost most of Easter to a bad back and Far Cry 5.  It follows a similar patten to earlier Far cry's but is good enough to have me pretty much addicted, though that could also be the painkillers Im consuming in great quantities.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    Downloaded Far Cry 5 over the weekend but haven't got around to playing it yet.  It'll be my first proper Far Cry game (got 3 free when I started losing interest in games a few years ago and only played it for about an hour).

I'm off work all this week so I've decided I'm finally going to finish off some of the games I've been side tracked from.  On the list is A Link to the Past, Bloodborne and Skyrim. Still got loads lined up as well.  Really want to get into Horizon Zero Dawn and I've had the Witcher 3 download for over a year now. I missed too many good games while I was away from it. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    I’m hurtling through H:ZD. It’s fantastic

aiming to finish it before holibobs in 2 weeks then Far Cry when I’m back :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    40 hours into Monster Hunter World.

It is much, much more accessible than Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate was. Still clunky, still ultra-bastard-hard, still incredibly satisfying. On past experience that means I'm about 10% through doing as much as I'll bother with.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Well after being absolutely bloomingly in love with my Alienware Alpha my Son showed interest so I said he will have to part with his PS4 Slim and current PC to upgrade to a better gaming PC which he agreed..

then I see the same model as mine on Amazon Warehouse at a good price and then a 20% code so I got it him and he was buzzing, it turned up and I went to settting it up only to find it is thwart with the dreaded yellow alien head of death problem (a big issue with Alpha/Steam Machine Alienwares) and would need a mobo replacement but being from the Amazon Warehouse means no Dell warranty so it went back for refund and the only way I could solve my sons upset was to give him mine..

So last week I treated myself to a PS4 Pro. Having a 4K Tv I thought I might as well... So I am back to expensive console gaming but I am enjoying Rise of the Tomb Raider, Dirt Rally, Burnout Paradise RM and various others... and with the 4K res I am not missing the res of the AW so much.
    Finished Horizon: Zero Dawn last night. 

Had a few side quests still open which I'll mop up at some point. Overall a fantastic game. The boss fights got a bit lengthy towards the end, though reading other blogs I now realise I never used the ropecaster which sounds like it would've made my life much easier. Ho hum! 

Anyway, BRILLIANT game, even if the main story was at times pretty heartwrenching.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7212
    God Of War

Stunning looks amazing and a hard as hell. 
    Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    Finished Far Cry 5,  thoroughly enjoyed that one and have started having a go at the multiplayer and arcade maps,  There are some very well designed maps and some pretty shit ones but its all good fun.  Anyone recommend something else for the summer

I got a bit bored of Shadow Of The Colossus, so moved on to A Hat In Time, which was mostly excellent. Finished that, so next is the Switch Mario game.
    MrsF is enjoying the heck out of Ni No Kuni 2, and I've very much enjoyed my first couple of hours with Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS. 

Once I get the PS4 back I'll look into AssCreed Origins and Far Cry 5 - probably whichever is cheaper!

And I'm very much looking forward to Captain Toad but not sure whether I should get it for 3DS or Switch.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7728
    I finally (!!) got around to finishing off Uncharted: A Thief's End - turned out I'd been close to doing so for all the months I'd not been playing! A satisfying rounding-off of the Nathan Drake story. Not played the more recent spinoff yet - is that worth getting? 

Had a quick dabble on The Last Guardian - and as warned by @Sporky the camera is a huge fucking annoyance - it makes you feel either drunk or as though you've got the thing where you've pulled a muscle in your neck and you can't make your head point where you need it to without prior planning of body position and lots of effort and swearing - it might be enough to put me off playing much more - we shall see. 

Interested in folks' feedback on FC5 - I liked 3 and 4 a LOT but wasn't sure what I thought of the setting of the new one - is the outpost clearing still as fun as it ever was? 

I'm really really waiting for The Last Of Us 2
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:

Interested in folks' feedback on FC5 - I liked 3 and 4 a LOT but wasn't sure what I thought of the setting of the new one - is the outpost clearing still as fun as it ever was? 

The setting actually works very well once you get into the game.  If you liked 3 & 4 then 5 is very similar and taking down outposts is still pretty good.  I dont think there were as many of them in this game as in 4, but there are more side missions adding variety.  That said I found the animal hunting to be frustrating rather than enjoyable until you have a decent weapon combination.

TimmyO said:

The setting actually works very well once you get into the game.  If you liked 3 & 4 then 5 is very similar and taking down outposts is still pretty good.  I dont think there were as many of them in this game as in 4, but there are more side missions adding variety.  That said I found the animal hunting to be frustrating rather than enjoyable until you have a decent weapon combination.
    I haven't played it yet, but if you look at meteoritic it's got a userscore of 69, despite a colossal number of "0" scores from folks who don't like the political "religion & guns" angle of the story, which suggests it's pretty good, I think!
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    I really like it, enjoying it more than previous games.

I played GT Sport for a bit, then started Mario Odyssey, which is excellent. Some shifts from Mario convention in places, and there are a few slightly frustrating side sections, but really good nevertheless.
    With MrsF still heavily into Ni No Kuni and me being screwed with far too much work at work I've been dipping into more 3DS stuff again. I always forget what a brilliant little machine it is.

Luigi's Mansion 2 is BRILLIANT, and Pushmo (Pullblox in UK iirc) is great. And I have Steamworld Dig waiting for me care of some otherwise-expiring nintendo points. 

Have also picked up Stardew Valley (not played yet) on Switch and Assassin's Creed Origins on PS4, which I've played for about 2 hours but am greatly enjoying wandering about Egypt on a camel. I'm less bothered about the fighting and story bits. 
    OMG this is amazing

• I have very much been enjoying Mario Kart GP 2 Arcade today.. one of the best Mario Kart games.
    I have very much been enjoying Mario Kart GP 2 Arcade today.. one of the best Mario Kart games.
    Oh yes. Brilliant game - I always have a go if i find a machine anywhere :)
  • I have very much been enjoying Mario Kart GP 2 Arcade today.. one of the best Mario Kart games.
    Oh yes. Brilliant game - I always have a go if i find a machine anywhere :)
    I is got it on the Wii innit.. all 4 triforce games, Mk GP, MK GP2, Virtua Striker 4 and F Zero AX. It’s blooming brilliant what Sega and Namco did with GameCube hardware.