Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Whatcha playing?

What's Hot

Comments

• Been playing Super Mario World at weekends on the SNES Classic Mini, with my 6 year-old . That's about it for games, but he'll probably ask for a Switch with Super Mario Odyssey next Christmas.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    Started Dark Souls 2 and South Park: The Stick of Truth at the weekend.

Enjoying both so far.  South Park is handy once I've got too frustrated with Dark Souls and need something to just relax with.
  • Sporky said:
    I'm working though Zelda: BOTW. It is very, very good indeed. 
    It is as you say very, very good but I have gone off playing it, I love watching my lad play it but O just cannot he with it.. probably because I am a quick blast gamer now so games like Floor Kids and playing old stuff on Retropie is where I am at at the minute.. Buggy Boy on Amiga is king
  • I finally have some time to play XCOM2 - I was a fan of the original series and I'm happy to see that the new ones are just as good.

Tense music, quite challenging strategically, fear of surrounding aliens is still there ;-)

I like it.
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited February 2018
    1951 H929 Stella by Harmony parlor guitar in D,A,D,G,A,D with a capo on the 3rd fret...
    Am learning I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow and also playing some new riffs/kinda/sorta; just noodling finding things to play in this tuning.

I've completed/played all the video games I like already, this guitar I got last week, is fun to play on. I don't need a video games console at the moment while I have this old guitar I like.

It's kinda like a video game, in the sense that it requires an amount of practise to master and is fun in doing that.

Its high action makes it a little tricky, but then so was Candy Crush when I first tried it (j/k) but... That's what trying to complete a level is all about, I'm now past all that high action stuff having done learned/learning my guitar and singing and playing at the same time to having fun with it in this tuning.

I guess this old parlor guitar with a high action and awesome sound and fat neck... Is like a video game I'm playing...
    That's the only way I can explain not playing other nicer guitars, but (for some reason) wanting to go back to this 1951 Stella guitar - because it's my current video game/thing I'm playing/not done yet/not finished playing yet.

Like the time I bought the Futurama Video Game on PS2 back in the day, this 1951 Stella is the thing I'm playing.

I never would have guessed it with so many nicer guitars about, but yeah, I'm on my 1951 Stella (at the moment).
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    I got Golf Story in the Nintendo sale.

Only a couple of hours in, but it is utterly brilliant. Very, very funny indeed, and the golfering works nicely. Who knew that so many of life's problems can be solved by hitting things with sticks?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 588
    d8m said:

Everytime I see that box the "20+1 Games Pre-installed" makes me laugh.  Not 21, no, no no no, 20 + 1.

Anyway, just finished Assassins Creed Origins which was ace.  Got to start on the Nier DLC I never started and then back to GTA online until God of War comes out I expect.
  • Sporky said:
    I got Golf Story in the Nintendo sale.

Only a couple of hours in, but it is utterly brilliant. Very, very funny indeed, and the golfering works nicely. Who knew that so many of life's problems can be solved by hitting things with sticks?
    One of my faves on Switch..

I am currently well back into GameCube, WarioWare Inc, Mario Golf getting most of my game time..

and Mario Kart Double Dash, I had gone off gaming first time round so this passed me by, easily the hardest MK there as ever been.
    I might still have a load of GC games if they're of any interest.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    edited February 2018
    MK Double Dash is still the best in the series for me. I'm willing to accept my judgement is partly clouded by the fact it's the one I played most in multiplayer between the ages of 19 and 25-ish, but I am absolutely certain it's a brilliant game.

I'm very happy they brought DD's Baby Park and Yoshi Circuit into MK8 but they're not quite as good as they were on the GC version.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Xbox)

Well, at least, I WOULD be playing it if it wasn't for all the horrific game-breaking bugs present in it. Just need to look at the Reddit and official forums to see the developers haven't got a clue. Really pisses me off paying £55 for a beta version.

Plus, the whole Xbox patch fiasco has left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Real shame, as the game appears to be fantastic - assuming you're able to play it and not get your saves deleted....!!
  • Sporky said:
    I might still have a load of GC games if they're of any interest.
    Most bloody rightly defo yes please um Sir Dot.

price em up and PM me at your leisure.
  • Horizon Zero Dawn.

Not got too far into it, but it looks good fun so far.  Plus robot dinosaurs.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    Horizon Zero Dawn.

Not got too far into it, but it looks good fun so far.  Plus robot dinosaurs.
    I loved it. Lovely fluid controls, engaging plot, lots to see and do. Cracking stuff.
  • frank1985frank1985 Frets: 523
    edited February 2018
    Been playing fifa 18 since i bought the ps4 in december.....I think it's time to try something new, but the trouble is i can't afford to spend hours playing games these days. Fifa is perfect as it packs a lot of fun into about 15 minutes of gameplay. Any recommendations for similar games that don't require hours of investment, that I can just pick up and kill half an hour or so with?  Not a fan of racing games. 
  • I is assembled a joystick, I say assembled because it was in kit form so built would be overstating.. the most taxing thing I had to decide was the colour button config(I chose NeoGeo over SNES).... 

‘twas enjoyable assembling it though and thoroughly worth the money (£17.99 for the joystick kit and £11.99 for the case).. and all seems to work pretty well..  SFII special moves are pulling off well enough and that is my basis for it working good.

I am a proper old boy gamer now methinks.. one lad has my PS4 one lad has my XB1 I have put the Switch up for sale(although a bit umming and ahhing on that one) I am pretty much pure GameCube and before that.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just picked up Firewatch for £6 as The first thing I’ve done with my PS4 since Switch Day.

Also going to try Fortnite’s Battle Royale freebie mode, ping permitting. 

Will report back...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17886
    tFB Trader
    Just picked up Firewatch for £6 as The first thing I’ve done with my PS4 since Switch Day.

Will report back...

I really loved Firewatch.

Me and the Mrs played it together and it was a really fun thing to do together (she doesn't generally like games)
  • I is assembled a joystick, I say assembled because it was in kit form so built would be overstating.. the most taxing thing I had to decide was the colour button config(I chose NeoGeo over SNES).... 

‘twas enjoyable assembling it though and thoroughly worth the money (£17.99 for the joystick kit and £11.99 for the case).. and all seems to work pretty well..  SFII special moves are pulling off well enough and that is my basis for it working good.

I am a proper old boy gamer now methinks.. one lad has my PS4 one lad has my XB1 I have put the Switch up for sale(although a bit umming and ahhing on that one) I am pretty much pure GameCube and before that.

Great work!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27743
    edited February 2018
    Just picked up Firewatch for £6 as The first thing I’ve done with my PS4 since Switch Day.

Will report back...

I really loved Firewatch.

Me and the Mrs played it together and it was a really fun thing to do together (she doesn't generally like games)
    Yaa, I've heard great things from many sources I respect, so very happy to get it for cheaps! I've actually been off the PS4 for so long that Sony have been sending me messages asking if I'm ok. Which I am, obviously, just not loving the last year or so's releases for PS4... 

Though I am hugely looking forward to Far Cry 5