La Cabronita build (complete)

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Skodadad;938935" said:
    Needs a good polish yet @Underdog but getting there. Want first dibs on it when ready? :)
    I really shouldn't but I don't currently own a tele, so yeah OK its worth it for the colour alone.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SkodadadSkodadad Frets: 510
    It will be cheap, I'm happy to make a few quid for my time. :)
    Well I really have to call it a day here, still not sure on the pickguard but it can go like it is and the new owner decide.
    There are a few little bits that are not right, the pickup rout isn't perfect, I dinged the top dropping a screwdriver on it :( 1mm or so and the string through ferules are wrong but it plays, and was great to do. The paint will need another week or so to dry fully then it will need a final polish and wax but its playable as it is. Total cost including paint was just short of £100  Any opinions on the pricing welcome, I was thinking £120? That would be about £1 per hour labour :P but it really wasn't about that anyway.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That is great, really undercutting yourself on price. .. I will message you. ..not about this one ;)
    I'm just trying to learn as much as I can @marktheharp, I don't think self built guitars are worth a lot and I am no expert. I'd just like to get my money back really and hopefully someone enjoy the guitar. If they think my efforts are worth a drink or two then thats great.
  • That's great. Really appreciated, I'm sure by all of us here. .. message sent about a commission build :-\"
    I can only learn by doing really, I'm not much of a reader and watching videos is great but you can't beat getting stuck in.
    I guess I'm going to get a reputation as a flipper or something as I sell so many of the guitars I finish but if you want to learn you need to build and experiment and I can't keep them all!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wise words ..keep up the good work =D>
    There are a few guys on here I would think could take on your build, @Wezv @octatonic @icbm and quite a few more.
  • If you are sticking to tele's. .I will see what YOU build next ;)
    Well this is the next one and part of the vicious circle. Buy a Tele as I need a neck, use the neck, have a body, do the body need a neck :)
    It's going to be a very round one is this so the circle reference is quite apt. The edges were hammered so needs must.

http://i64.tinypic.com/5047ih.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3128
    Lost track on these a bit @Skodadad! The blue one looks fantastic :). Real good vibe about it. I will watch with interest how the new one develops. And yes...the body neck circle...been there....done that...again...and again...and again...
    I was thinking of just giving the body away @Andyjr1515 to break the cycle but then what would I do with my spare time. It's great either way, every project seems to throw up a new problem I have to find the answer to. Always ends with the same problem though, selling it for anywhere close to what it cost to make ;)
    edited January 2016
    OK so me being me I can't help messing about. I really like pickguards although I know others don't. I wanted something a bit different though. Opinions on this, suggestions welcome? It needs some better spacers something prettier at half the height of the bolts and a decent angle putting on the edge of the perspex and then a polish,  but I think it works. I am loathed to drill the body until I decide...a logo on the underside might work too

• Nope still loving it without. ..but your choice ;) will look great whatever you do!
    I am surprised it hasn't sold yet?
    Just trying something different, just rough sawn at the moment

I expect it will take a month or two to sell, most do. I have been offered  few swaps but people seem to price their trade at full market value which wont work when I am only going to sell it on to recoup money.
    Actually - I quite like that.  I generally don't like clear guards - and certainly not the ones that are stuck on - but suspended like that looks pretty cool to me...
    ....but don't like the logo one at all  :))
    edited January 2016
    Haha agreed I dumped it, you can forget to stop sometimes. I'm thinking string tree spacers and small screws for the pickguard, just need to buy 3 of the same height.
    Don't suppose you have any tips for getting a consistent edge on a scratchplate @Andyjr1515?
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Have you got a page/website where you sell these @Skodadad ?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**