Gordon Smith and Richard's Guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    @miserneil - don't say utility bill - you'll start a whole moaning thread about the price of gas.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29147
    Don't we generally ask for a credit rating too these days?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    @TTony has an account with Dun and Bradstreet
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    Oh yeah, and the last three digits off the back of the card please....
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    miserneil said:
    Sporky said:
    Oh yeah, and the last three digits off the back of the card please....
    You are a scammer and I claim your £5
    Gassage said:

Well, this escualted quicker than the Kings Cross fire.

I'm not sure if the typo adds to the shock value or not!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11133
    tFB Trader
    smarty said:
    And let the flames continue!!!!! Lol 
    Personally, as one of the foundation members of this forum, I have to say it's normally a friendly and very relaxed place to hang out. Welcome @smarty, I hope you stick with us, I think you were unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time on an emotive thread. Now settle down gentlemen ... I hate having to give first aid for handbag smacks.

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    ennspek said:
    underdog said:
    Jesus when I asked if he was a mentalist it was a simple yes no answer, no need for everyone to add a couple pages to the thread :D

Anyway if this guy threatens to make videos about people then he's either mental, a pervert or both.

I don't see why you're having a go at me.

It's not my fault I don't communicate very well in the written form now if you carry on I will make a video about you, stop messing up my children's lives :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    smarty said:

Jesus - what is this? 

I post on Richards forum as "martinjamesdaley". Look me up. I've had disagreements with Richard - again look it up. I've "known" Richard from the forum only - for a few years ....that's how I "know" him. 

Is this some some sort of test I have to pass to prove who I am? Could this get any more hostile or ridiculous?
    That's not to say it's cliquey tho - jump in and get stuck in - you'll find you're accepted pretty quickly as long as you aren't a dentist with a PRS
    You have to be kidding....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27973
    Sporky said:
    Actually, I usually just look at the username.  

If I don't like the look of it, or if it looks like being trouble, then the account just gets vaporised before they get chance to sign up and start posting.

Although, looking at some of the comments here, I'm not sure that my approach has been totally successful.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    dindude said:
    You know when you've been at work all day then you check in and a thread has 90 unread posts, you know it's gone off.

These threads though, with half a dozen people pilling in, I imagine they do make this place seem a bit like a small village in Norfolk to a newby as opposed to a cosmopolitan city.
    What? Like Norwich? 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Sporky said:
    Actually, I usually just look at the username.  

If I don't like the look of it, or if it looks like being trouble, then the account just gets vaporised before they get chance to sign up and start posting.

Although, looking at some of the comments here, I'm not sure that my approach has been totally successful.
    Yay @TTony has the ultimate deterrent: a 'Twonk Phaser set to vaporise' ...  
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12723
    Twonk Phaser?

Is that a new EHX pedal?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    edited May 2017
    smarty said:
    Personally, as one of the foundation members of this forum, I have to say it's normally a friendly and very relaxed place to hang out. Welcome @smarty, I hope you stick with us, I think you were unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time on an emotive thread. Now settle down gentlemen ... I hate having to give first aid for handbag smacks.

Agree.
    @smarty all you need to know about this place is very few people here will take you less seriously than they take themselves.

We occasionally get nutters posting- a certain 'architectural photographer', a certain 'wide necked guitar butcherer', a certain 'guitar trader who is batshit fucking bonkers' and a host of others.

These people have history with us- we don't go out hunting for internet weirdos- they have presented themselves and tried to represent themselves in various ways and people see through it.
    That is basically all it comes down to- people try to present themselves as one thing when it is transparently obvious they are something else... and hilarity ensues.

If they were acting relatively normal then we would treat them reasonably normally, as much as we treat one another anyway. But they don't- they engage in some frankly bizarre behaviour which seems to get a plurality of responses.
    It is one of the reasons that this is the only guitar forum I log into anymore.
    I hope you stick around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited May 2017
    If you question the forums worth and that of the people who frequent it then you only have to look at the thread for the wife of @Travisthedog to see the community spirit here.

This isn't a one off thing either, there have been countless times where people on here have done genuinely wonderful things to help out (what in real world terms is) a complete stranger.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017 tFB Trader
    underdog said:
    If you question the forums worth and that of the people who frequent it then you only have to loom at the thread for the wife of @Travisthedog to see the community spirit here.

This isn't a one off thing either, there have been countless times where people on here have done genuinely wonderful things to help out (what in real world terms is) a complete stranger.

octatonic said:
    smarty said:

Agree.
    @smarty all you need to know about this place is very few people here will take you less seriously than they take themselves.

We occasionally get nutters posting- a certain 'architectural photographer', a certain 'wide necked guitar butcherer', a certain 'guitar trader who is batshit fucking bonkers' and a host of others.

These people have history with us- we don't go out hunting for internet weirdos- they have presented their themselves and tried to represent themselves in various ways and people see through it.
    That is basically all it comes down to- people try to present themselves as one thing when it is transparently obvious they are something else... and hilarity ensues.

If they were acting relatively normal then we would treat them reasonably normally, as much as we treat one another anyway. But they don't- they engage in some frankly bizarre behaviour which seems to get a plurality of responses.
    It is one of the reasons that this is the only guitar forum I log into anymore.
    I hope you stick around.
    This is ... I firmly believe ... the fairest and most tolerant forum dedicated to guitar. Sure it has it's faults ... but it's grown and become bigger than anybody who was here at it's inception. I see many of you guys as very good mates ... people who I share my passion for the instrument with ... people I love to share a few beers with when we get to meet in person ... 
    Some here can be twats ... I can be on occasion ... but we all love the same things. A lot of you are my customers too, and its an amazing shop window for a manufacturer. 
    As you can tell ... I love this place ... it's full of piss taking bastards ... but so are bands ... that's just musos

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    Having been here since music radar days - and actually I think I was the first to post on the  fretboard I can say this place is like a pub, full of like minded dudes all here for the same reason. Every so often a weirdo walks in, we do our best to make them feel welcome but sometimes, well they just out-weird even this place.

you have to look at the facts - lots of complaints about one guy - and it isn't just in here - there are other forums where he gets negative stuff said. It ain't a one off.

besides I won't hear a bad thing said about anyone on here - this is most generous big hearted amazing community on the interweb

end of
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    We don't take ourselves seriously either ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Having been here since music radar days - and actually I think I was the first to post on the  fretboard I can say this place is like a pub, full of like minded dudes all here for the same reason. Every so often a weirdo walks in, we do our best to make them feel welcome but sometimes, well they just out-weird even this place.

you have to look at the facts - lots of complaints about one guy - and it isn't just in here - there are other forums where he gets negative stuff said. It ain't a one off.

besides I won't hear a bad thing said about anyone on here - this is most generous big hearted amazing community on the interweb

end of
    You bloody big softie @Travisthedog
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
    Hell yeah
This discussion has been closed.