PSA Joyo Pedals 30% off today at coda music...

What's Hot
bigdawgbigdawg Frets: 51
So basically any pedal for £20!

Ive got my AC Tone finally
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• oh crap Ive just seen a 2nd hand SG lefty standard on there too - this may be a very expensive pedal order!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    Nice! The ACtone is a brilliant pedal for any price, £20 basically makes the concept of currency meaningless.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    First of all - you had to go and point this out didn't you!! didn't you!

http://www.coda-music.com/gibson-tribute-left-handed-cherry-secondhand-p-16132.html

Secondly a snappier title like "Joyo to the world!!" would havwe been ... more snappier ;)
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • thats not the one I was looking at but ooh...!

Its cos theres no tinsel or trees around the site!

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    curses - well hurry up and buy that one too!
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • youre safe on that one Im currently scrabbling round trying to get the money for the standard!

And now Ive just seen the white lefty standard!!! Aaargh...
  • Fancy the sweet baby. Or the AC tone... 

Cheers anyway!
  • ooh forgot about the sweet baby!

What wasthat clone of..?!

• ROOGROOG Frets: 562
    Thanks @bigdawg been thinking about an Joyo 'American sound' that tipped me over the edge!

• bigdawg said:
    ooh forgot about the sweet baby!

It's the Mad Professor Sweet Honey. I refer you to my review of the Sweet Baby here:

Brilliant pedal.
  • bigdawg said:
    ooh forgot about the sweet baby!

Hard to say, they are pretty obscure with their names.

:P
  • Might have to get the eq pedal. Anyone know what they're like?
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    edited December 2013
    ^ Mine's fine but it's pretty much the only eq i've tried, so that's obviously pretty much zero help :)) It doens't have a separate level knob, if that's a problem (I know a lot of people like a level knob).

I've also heard some concerns about their build quality. For £20 you probably won't go too far wrong if you just want to try a specific pedal/circuit or are just duffing about at home, but I wouldn't buy one for any situation where I needed bomb-proof reliability either.

EDIT: postage seems to be £4. Probably still a bit cheaper than elsewhere (unless you get from e.g. china), but it's not as good a deal as it was. :))
  • Ive had a few of the orig joyo pedals - ultimate drive, vintage drive, the delay - on my board since they came out - never had a problem tbh with jacks, build quality etc..
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2389
    Yeah I've never had a problem either but I know on another forum a couple of people who took theirs apart saw definite problems.

They do sound good, though (IMO) and if you go in knowing that the build quality might not be so hot and get them cheap enough you probably don't have too much to lose.
  •  What's the best Joyo overdrive/boost pedal to compliment their American Sound one? :)
  • The Roll Boost, the Sweet Baby or the Vintage Overdrive? :)
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1633
    edited December 2013
    Dave_Mc said:
    ^ Mine's fine but it's pretty much the only eq i've tried, so that's obviously pretty much zero help :)) It doens't have a separate level knob, if that's a problem (I know a lot of people like a level knob).

I've also heard some concerns about their build quality. For £20 you probably won't go too far wrong if you just want to try a specific pedal/circuit or are just duffing about at home, but I wouldn't buy one for any situation where I needed bomb-proof reliability either.

EDIT: postage seems to be £4. Probably still a bit cheaper than elsewhere (unless you get from e.g. china), but it's not as good a deal as it was. :))
    Free to the UK on the sweet baby overdrive I had in my cart. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited December 2013
    Bought an American Sound, a Digital Delay and a Vintage Overdrive.
    They will be used in conjunction with a JamMan Express XT and a Joyo JP01 power supply.
    Making myself my first pedalboard in decades,  that will be used for straight-to-PA gigs were I only need a simple set-up. :)
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12069
    US dream, Sweet baby and deluxe crunch are exceptional, I'm comparing with Zendrive and Lovepedal Eternity
    EQ is good, and compressor is excellent, I am ordering a second one of each of these 2
    I understand the vintage OD and Ultimate drive are also very good

I bought some of the 6-knob ones and was not impressed at all, they seemed to mess up the tone (i.e. make it sound cheaper)